AF Awards 2010: Thread of the Year

The member awards archive. All previous awards are archived here.

What was the thread of the year in 2010?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:28 am

Armbar Fantasy Wrestling (AFW)
23%
AF Rumble
69%
Caption This!
8%

Total votes : 13

AF Awards 2010: Thread of the Year

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 am

The Finalists for the Thread of the Year Award

Armbar Fantasy Wrestling
AF Rumble
Caption This!

Honorable Mention

Say Whatever...
AFW Premier Draft Analysis
Inaugural Mod Election
CrayZ's Pokemon Adventure
Armbar Forums Predictions (AFP)
Opinions on the General State of Wrestling
NFL Pick 'Em
Caption This: Mugshot Edition

The Poll will remain open for a week. Vote as you see fit! You may change your vote up until that time as well.

Electioneering is allowed, but once again, no smear campaigns. Keep it positive!
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: AF Awards 2010: Thread of the Year

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 am

Went for AFW here. I loved the rumble and how it turned out. I also loved Caption This. But neither provided the interaction and real feeling of competitiveness that AFW did. Also, Caption this was too short lived and the rumble was merely just two people involved in the evolution of the thread.

Also, side note, AFW was Bando's break out point. He really established himself as great with this thread. No one in any other thread did the same.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 pm

I went for the AF Rumble. First of all, although I'm positive that AFW is the best thing to happen to AF since the AFP idea came up a couple of years ago, AFW isn't a "thread", it's a lot of threads, hell it's a sub-section. That said, I can understand why people have pushed for this, it's awesome.

Back to the Rumble. It's probably the most epic wrestling fantasy story we've ever had. I know ILMH and myself used to write quite a few (a notable one was ILMH's Survivor way back) but damn, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a post. The gimmicks were well thought out, nobody was really left out, the result didn't go on popularity/friends but on writing potential from the gimmicks and so on. It took a while to get it finished, but it was well worth it.

Anyway, while I'd like to extend my gratitude to ILMH and Bando, Longshot really did a smashing job, that's why the AF Rumble gets my vote.

PS: Didn't include ArJay for AFW because well, we're talking last year and season 1.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by IWillNotDie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Again, a really difficult three choices for me.

The amount of work and attention that gets put into AFW is staggering and is a nice unique game. However, AF Caption This! Is probably the most fun I've had in a thread this year, it was another very fun unique thread. In the end, I ended up going with AF Rumble. Taking on a project that size is not easy even with some help here and there from a few guys like ILMH but Longshot was able to do it and see it all the way to the very end so for those reasons I just can't see myself voting for another thread.
IWillNotDie
Site Admin

PostPosted by ArJay » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Once again, tough tough decision. AFW is amazing. I love playing it, and I love helping out with Premier. However, like CrayZ said, I wouldn't really classify it as a thread, as it spreads throughout an entire section. Capture this was great, got alot of laughs from reading that thread over, still do now when going back and re-reading it. The AF Rumble to me takes the cake though. Funny stuff from start to finish, and you can tell alot of work and thought was put into every post. Shot and ILMH did a bang up job on it and I just can't see any other thread being better.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 pm

I almost feel like a dick for picking the Rumble (almost) but truthfully, it was so much planning and work that I don't feel that way at all. From start to finish (January through the end of October) I don't know how many hours got put into it. I enjoy AFW, but I almost discluded the games (AFW & AFP) from this award to begin with as they are spread over several threads. I was happier with how the Rumble turned out and how it was received than I imagined I would be, so yeah, I voted for myself, I guess.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:42 am

AF Caption This! As IWND said, it was the most fun I've had.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 am

AFW got my pick -- basically cause it got everyone involved and semi-competitive.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Return to Member Awards