AF Mod Election VOTE!

Major changes, the rules and frequently asked questions are all here.

Who do you want on the Moderation team?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Shade
7%
Arjay (Super Rickles)
25%
Longshot
39%
Bando
29%

Total votes : 28

AF Mod Election VOTE!

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 pm

It's time! Nominations are IN. Here are the rules for the voting.

1. You get to vote for 2 people and the top 2 vote getters will be promoted to mod.
2. You MAY vote for yourself and obviously no making dummy accounts to sway the votes, a close eye will be kept.
3. The poll will close in 5 days from today (Friday, midnight, GMT+1), I also reserve the right to extend the voting period if I feel the need.
4. I'm DASHING.
5: Once you have voted, you CAN'T change your vote, so be sure about what you're doing.

Here are the nominees!

Shade45 wrote:So why do I want this position? Pretty much all I can say is that I've been here for a decent amount of time now and I'm active. While I may not have 5000 posts, I'm practically always logged in and check here frequently. I've got nothing else to do, so why not help out with this?

In terms of bringing something to the table, I feel like there's a lot more than can be done with this site. I know that we're relatively small and don't have to expand, but I still think that there's somethings that can make it more active for the people who are already here. I can't figure these out on my own, but I do think I'd be able to contribute. That was why I proposed the blog section, even though no one uses it.

Pretty much the most I can say is that I'm here and I'd be perfectly fine with the position. I've been a mod on other forums before and I think I can do it. I'm pretty sure I have no chance anyway, so what do I have to lose just throwing my name in the hat?

ArJay Super Rickles wrote:As a MOD for Armbar I feel I've done a pretty good job over the past year. Well beyond my expectations to be perfectly honest. (If you remember, I didn't even think I was qualified for the job originally last year and almost didn't nominate myself.) I feel I've done a good job keeping things moderated (with the slight exception of my one minor screw up, where I went all delete-nazi like. Which, actually brought a good new option to the board IMO with the soft delete.) I've done my fair share of deleting spam and banning the spammers when I notice them. I too visit here on a regular basis and I like to think I contribute well to the discussions. I've been an active member of the Staff section voicing my thoughts and opinions (even if I'm not always agreed with lol) to the other members of staff. I feel I played a key role in helping Bando get the subsection he so ever wanted for AFW. Speaking of AFW, I also stepped up and helped Bando by running the transactions/draft for the Premier League. I feel I've done a good job of keeping up with that as well. I'm always trying to get new active members here, and managed to get a few recently. Although at first I thought they were going to be active, it feels as if now they might not be since all of them were bribed with MOD spots at that "other place" after I got banned. (LOL) Also, if you haven't noticed, all of the Armbar Logos and the like have been designed by me ( ), and I also bring some funny graphics to the boards from time to time when I'm in a creative mood. Am I forgetting anything? Seems about right. Well, other than that, I have tried my best to get along with everybody here and have had a good time posting in the process. If you feel I've done enough to deserve keeping my spot, by all means re-elect me. If you feel I haven't, or that someone else might just do a better job, no hard feelings if you vote for them. (Also, I like parenthesis.)

'm going to add to what CrayZ started when he was saying what will be expected from a Mod.

-You need to be proactive. You can't just sit around thinking everything is perfect the way it is, you have to see the things that could be improved AND come up with how they can be improved. After that, you have to be able to communicate it to the Admins (and the other mod) in a way that makes them see why it is a good idea and how it can be implemented. This is actually a bit more complicated than you might think, but it is necessary.

-You have to be able to separate yourself from a situation and look at it objectively. If you are a member of the staff it is your obligation to the forum to make sure that cooler heads prevail. While no one is getting paid on the staff, it doesn't mean that you don't have to conduct yourself professionally when you are acting on behalf of the forum.

-You have to be willing to disagree with everyone on the staff and be able to explain your position when you feel it is necessary. You are being brought in to not only carry some of the workload, but also to bring a different viewpoint to the discussion. No one wants a "Yes Man" on the staff.

-You also have to understand when it is time to compromise when you aren't getting your way. Almost everything is voted on as far as staff action goes. If you expect to get your way every time, you should prepare to be frustrated.

Anywho, these are just a few things to think about if you plan to throw your name in....

Which I am for all the reasons above. Those are basically the qualities that my run as mod this past year has encapsulated.

To sum it up:

- What you can bring to the table.

Proactive thinking, a year of experience with this forum, solid spam removal skills, a ton of activity, attention to detail, and a level head.

Basically, I think I did a decent job as a mod in 2010 and I would continue in the vein in 2011. I think I bring a different point of view to the staff and it is one that has helped improve the forum throughout the year. I am pretty sure that there is plenty more that can be done to continue this improvement in 2011 and I believe myself to be suited for the job.

Not really a swerve though was it? That's how I got you. You thought I was going to swerve you and I didn't. HEAD GAMES!

Bando wrote:I made this decision awhile ago and I feel bad about doing it because should I win, it means one of the current moderators will not keep their job and they both have done a good job around here. That said, I think I deserve a chance to be mod. I have been active on this forum - my post count may be relatively low, but I believe part of the reason is the amount I put into each post. I've put in work for Armbar -most notably in the form of AFW, but also in other ways - including searching out and finding mods for Ben to install, even if I can't do it myself. I've also tried many failed endeavors to expand AF's membership, and I'm sure I will try more failed endeavors in the future. But I will continue to try, continue to put in the time- and I really believe that one will eventually take off.

I'm certainly not afraid to express my position, I'm around quite a bit and I think I'm usually pretty level-headed and rational when it comes to taking action. I think I handle myself in a professional manner, and I think I'd make an excellent mod.

HAPPY VOTING and good luck to all concerned!
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: AF Mod Election VOTE!

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Edited to clarify that you CAN in fact vote for yourself, just like in any election.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

PostPosted by ArJay » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 am

Good luck to Shot, Bando and Shade!!!
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:18 am

This is a tough decision. All four of these guys bring different yet effective stuff to the table that helps out Armbar stand out from other forums tremendously. I'll need some time to think this over.
Voice of the voiceless: CM Punk.
Voiceless of the voice: Y2J
MarvelousMe

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Anyone with over three moves
Favorite Show: WCW Nitro

PostPosted by rich0 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

No offense meant to Shade but I don't think you're quite ready for the job yet.

I can't pick between Bando and ArJay, so I just voted for Shot. Whoever ends up getting the second spot will do a great job, but bollocks to being the guy who makes that decision.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by ArJay » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 pm

rich0 wrote:I can't pick between Bando and ArJay, so I just voted for Shot. Whoever ends up getting the second spot will do a great job, but bollocks to being the guy who makes that decision.

I respect that. It really is a tough decision as we're both qualified for the spot. Regardless of how this pans out no hard feelings to anyone. Good luck Bando.
ArJay

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Cheers Rich and ditto that, ArJay.

I'm wondering if it may come down to a runoff... That'd be intense.
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 pm

I just realized I didn't vote yet.

Considering this wasn't to add more mods, just to decided upon who the two should be, I stuck with the two we had now. I'm not gonna waste my vote on myself when I knew I had no chance to begin with.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Shit just got real.
ArJay

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Voted Shot and Bando. Nothing against ArJay at all, in fact I liked him as mod, but I think Bando also has various qualities that could add to the staff team and besides, it shakes things up a bit. It was a tough choice, but I gave it thought for a while and came to a decision *cough*Rich*thumps shoulder for only voting 1 dude*

Edit: Also, if it comes to a tie (it might), the poll will be reset, with the two tied mods going 1 on 1 in a contract on a pole match so if Bando gets 1 more vote, as it would stand, Shot would keep his position, Bando vs Arjay, 1 vote each. In case of another tie, we'd have to go to a staff-only vote I guess, but I doubt that would happen.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 pm

2G CrayZ wrote:Voted Shot and Bando. Nothing against ArJay at all, in fact I liked him as mod, but I think Bando also has various qualities that could add to the staff team and besides, it shakes things up a bit. It was a tough choice, but I gave it thought for a while and came to a decision *cough*Rich*thumps shoulder for only voting 1 dude*

Edit: Also, if it comes to a tie (it might), the poll will be reset, with the two tied mods going 1 on 1 in a contract on a pole match so if Bando gets 1 more vote, as it would stand, Shot would keep his position, Bando vs Arjay, 1 vote each. In case of another tie, we'd have to go to a staff-only vote I guess, but I doubt that would happen.

A few things..

1: I vote for the contract on a pole match.
2: Judging by the way things are right now, a second re-vote would force Rich to decide, which would be kindofa funny irony- but that's assuming
3: ArJay would get a vote and I wouldn't, in the case of a staff vote..?
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ArJay » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 pm

dcbandicoot wrote:3: ArJay would get a vote and I wouldn't, in the case of a staff vote..?

If it goes to a staff vote, I would assume I would -not- get a vote. So, either Ben, Rich and IWND all vote, or, since ILMH is an owner he would just take my staff vote so it would be Ben, Rich, IWND, Shot & ILMH voting.

Under either scenario, it seems as if Rich -would- be making the tie-breaking vote. :lol: (Assuming of course everybody else sticks with their original pick.)
ArJay

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 pm

dcbandicoot wrote:
2: Judging by the way things are right now, a second re-vote would force Rich to decide, which would be kindofa funny irony- but that's assuming
3: ArJay would get a vote and I wouldn't, in the case of a staff vote..?

2: Haha, yes.
3: No, Arjay wouldn't get a vote. We would have to bring in ILMH to make the numbers uneven, to make sure we have a clear winner, but I doubt (hope) it won't come to that. If a re-vote happens, I'm sure we could get a decision of some sorts.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Can I cast a third vote?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:12 am

bountyhunter wrote:Can I cast a third vote?

You get the same amount of votes as the amount of legs you have, so until you post some visual proof, no you don't get any more votes.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am

SHADE 45 wrote:

You get the same amount of votes as the amount of legs you have, so until you post some visual proof, no you don't get any more votes.

I have a third leg, but I don't think you guys wanna see my proof.
ArJay

PostPosted by Longshot » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 am

SHADE 45 wrote:I just realized I didn't vote yet.

Considering this wasn't to add more mods, just to decided upon who the two should be, I stuck with the two we had now. I'm not gonna waste my vote on myself when I knew I had no chance to begin with.

Hell but at least you keep throwing you name in.

Also @Rich: God forbid an admin have to make a decision on something...
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 am

Longshot wrote:Also @Rich: God forbid an admin have to make a decision on something...

:rofl:
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 am

The reason I had such a tough time deciding is because I found myself with a moral/logical dilemma. I know that nobody here would take anything personal, but I just felt like speaking my mind.

For some reason, I found myself tempted to vote for Shade. I wanted to because people took a chance on me when I was voted breakout member of the year despite being "green" compared to others. Because I can relate to the situation that you are in Shade, I was tempted. Looking at the numbers though, its pretty much a given that Shot will be one of the mods so it is a race for the 2nd spot. Therefore, it doesn't seem likely that you can win and it would be a dick move to waste a vote in a race this close when Jay and Bando need it more than you. Again, no offense. I like the blog section that you proposed and I do plan on using it very soon. Under normal circumstances you would get my vote, just not this time. Consider this an official IOU Shade.

My first vote went to Bando. Truth be told, I really don't understand half the things Bando posts. When I read the things he discusses, I remember why I dropped my Philosophy class Sophomore year. Despite this, he comes up with some rather brilliant ideas that has made Armbar a very interesting place. I've also been told from some folks that when shit needs to get done and it hasn't been done, Bando is usually the first to constantly nag the higher ups which shows a lot of initiative IMO. Point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to understand someones views or opinions to understand that they are a good leader (See CM Punk). And that is why Bando gets my vote.

I would like to apologize to Jay because I never took his Photoshopping gimmick seriously....until I was required to take a Photoshopping class a few months ago. What a struggle. I BARELY managed a B- in it (And that was with extra credit). And that was just the most basic version of it. I never knew that there are so many things that you can alter and change with such a simple picture. After taking the class, I began to re-evaluate Jay's work and Jay in general. You are a more patient man than me. Most people do not have the tolerance for that kind of thing (Myself included). I'm pretty sure it took you awhile to learn all that stuff and I can't believe I ever shrugged it off like it was no big deal. You make some cool sigs for Armbar as well. Lastly, you have a Kayne West sig. I have no idea what that has to do with my choice, I just have a bad habit of stating the obvious.

So yeah, in conclusion. Shade gets an IOU and my vote goes to Bando and Jay. Good luck to both of you gentlemen.
Voice of the voiceless: CM Punk.
Voiceless of the voice: Y2J
MarvelousMe

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Anyone with over three moves
Favorite Show: WCW Nitro

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:03 am

Longshot wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:I just realized I didn't vote yet.

Hell but at least you keep throwing you name in.

Also @Rich: God forbid an admin have to make a decision on something...

I figure it'll either pay off eventually or I'll be gone before that happens either way. And when that day finally comes, something extremely nonsensical will happen and mess that up. It's happened before on this decent sized music forum that I had been apart of for a while (though VERY MIA) at the time and they were making a super mod and sub-mods. I ended up being considered around the 2nd highest in terms of deserving of the position (mostly not first due to my lack of appearances in a long time) and got a decent part of the forum to mod. So what happens? One of the guys who got a sub-mod position like I did decided to have some fun and delete his entire forum as a joke, not realizing there was no undo button. They scrapped the whole project and only kept the super mod. So pretty much I wouldn't be surprised if I did somehow win a vote in the future and then IWND and the rest of his army decided to cut off internet access to the world in order to take it over and I'd lose out anyway.

MarvelousMe wrote:The reason I had such a tough time deciding is because I found myself with a moral/logical dilemma. I know that nobody here would take anything personal, but I just felt like speaking my mind.

For some reason, I found myself tempted to vote for Shade. I wanted to because people took a chance on me when I was voted breakout member of the year despite being "green" compared to others. Because I can relate to the situation that you are in Shade, I was tempted. Looking at the numbers though, its pretty much a given that Shot will be one of the mods so it is a race for the 2nd spot. Therefore, it doesn't seem likely that you can win and it would be a dick move to waste a vote in a race this close when Jay and Bando need it more than you. Again, no offense. I like the blog section that you proposed and I do plan on using it very soon. Under normal circumstances you would get my vote, just not this time. Consider this an official IOU Shade.

My first vote went to Bando. Truth be told, I really don't understand half the things Bando posts. When I read the things he discusses, I remember why I dropped my Philosophy class Sophomore year. Despite this, he comes up with some rather brilliant ideas that has made Armbar a very interesting place. I've also been told from some folks that when shit needs to get done and it hasn't been done, Bando is usually the first to constantly nag the higher ups which shows a lot of initiative IMO. Point I'm trying to make is that you don't have to understand someones views or opinions to understand that they are a good leader (See CM Punk). And that is why Bando gets my vote.

I would like to apologize to Jay because I never took his Photoshopping gimmick seriously....until I was required to take a Photoshopping class a few months ago. What a struggle. I BARELY managed a B- in it (And that was with extra credit). And that was just the most basic version of it. I never knew that there are so many things that you can alter and change with such a simple picture. After taking the class, I began to re-evaluate Jay's work and Jay in general. You are a more patient man than me. Most people do not have the tolerance for that kind of thing (Myself included). I'm pretty sure it took you awhile to learn all that stuff and I can't believe I ever shrugged it off like it was no big deal. You make some cool sigs for Armbar as well. Lastly, you have a Kayne West sig. I have no idea what that has to do with my choice, I just have a bad habit of stating the obvious.

So yeah, in conclusion. Shade gets an IOU and my vote goes to Bando and Jay. Good luck to both of you gentlemen.

The irony in all this big decision is that everything's still essentially the same as it was before you voted lol
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:05 am

Fun Facts: I've never taken a single Photoshop or Image Editing class. I first opened up a pirated version of Paintshop Pro back in 2002. My first experience with Photoshop wasn't until around 2006 and I've never gone back to PSP since.

Also, I wouldn't really consider graphic design a "gimmick", more like a hobby of mine lol.
ArJay

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:13 am

I swear to god the two mods who make the team this year will hear me bitching about how all of you are insane. :banghead:

Minkaro only uses 1 vote, on Shot. :banghead:
Rich can't decide so only uses 1 vote, on Shot. :banghead:
ILMH and Marvie decide to vote FOR THE TWO GUYS WHO ARE WITHIN 1 VOTE OF BEING TIED FOR SECOND, thus not changing anything. :banghead:

Remind me again why we let you guys decide who is mod? :squint:
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 am

2G CrayZ wrote:I swear to god the two mods who make the team this year will hear me bitching about how all of you are insane. :banghead:

Minkaro only uses 1 vote, on Shot. :banghead:
Rich can't decide so only uses 1 vote, on Shot. :banghead:
ILMH and Marvie decide to vote FOR THE TWO GUYS WHO ARE WITHIN 1 VOTE OF BEING TIED FOR SECOND, thus not changing anything. :banghead:

Remind me again why we let you guys decide who is mod? :squint:

In ILMH's defense, he was one of the first people to vote, well before there was a chance of there being a tie between me and Bando.
ArJay

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:39 am

SHADE 45 wrote:

I can't post that material here.

Anyway, I wanted to cast another vote for Arjay.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by Astroblack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 am

Although, I think Shot and Arjay were excellent mods, I voted for Shade and Bando.Both are good members and I'd love to see what they'd bring to the table. I agree with Shade on a lot of his views on wrestling and I like Bando's views about the forum. So again, love Shot and Arjay, but would like to see some sort of change. :)

Its a win-win all the way around, anyway.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by rich0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 am

Longshot wrote:Also @Rich: God forbid an admin have to make a decision on something...

That's why we have 3 admins and 2 mods :thumbsup:

Also, fuck you. :smokes:
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.

PostPosted by Cruisermark88 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:16 am

Fuck Shot! Vote Nader Shade/bando 2011!
Last edited by Cruisermark88 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ernie Hudson Should Die In A Fire
Cruisermark88

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka, Scotty Riggs, Ciclope, ect.
Favorite Show: Impact or Nitro with ILMH and Longshot.

PostPosted by ArJay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

Oh man.

You know what would be hilarious? If Foxx, Aki and IHWF all vote for myself and Bando.
ArJay

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:24 am

ArJay wrote:Oh man.

You know what would be hilarious? If Foxx, Aki and IHWF all vote for myself and Bando.

God that'd be aggravating.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm

They think it's all over...

Edit: IT IS NOW!

BRB, deciding what to do on this situation.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Return to Announcements, Rules and FAQ's