AF MOD VOTE ROUND 2!

Major changes, the rules and frequently asked questions are all here.

Who should be moderator?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Bando
58%
ArJay
42%

Total votes : 12

AF MOD VOTE ROUND 2!

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Well, we've had a particularly close decision for this year's mod votes.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS TO LONGSHOT for making the team once again. Glad to have you on board.

As for Bando and ArJay, both have agreed to a re-vote, with new terms to this vote.

1: The poll will run for 4 days. (Time will be specified on the poll)
2: There will be a 100 post requirement for members to vote. Any vote from somebody with 100 posts is void. This avoids any temptation to go find old members to sway the polls. If you don't have 100 posts at time of this post, you can't vote.
3: There will be a 2 month activity requirement. If you haven't got 100 posts, or have, but haven't posted in 2011, from Jan 1st to the time of this post, you can't vote.
4: You only get one vote, you can't change it, don't fuck it up.
5: If this vote is a tie, the tiebreaker will be a staff vote between Rich0, IWND, Longshot, ILMH (as AF owner) and myself.
CrayZ's note: This is very important. Please vote, no matter how hard it is, and make a choice.

The winner will be mod for a year.

Thanks,
2G CrayZ
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: AF MOD VOTE ROUND 2!

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 am

I have to say- this was a tough decision for me.
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:14 am

I stuck with my original vote. Simple as.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 am

Going with Bando. I like you Arjay, but Bando has too much going. He is the most organized person on the board, utilizes logic and rationality for the most part and really has stepped up his game. His penchant for numbers has proven useful in coming up with random statistical and chart work for numerous projects. (Like the Rumble chart for eliminations, tabulating the scores in the Royal Rumble Jumble, Providing charts and rankings for NFL Pick 'Em, fact checking and reasoning behind any sort of analysis that he makes rather than blindly stating an opinion and having no meat to it. See: His analysis and forecast of every afw pick.

As a co-chair to the man for AF Poker (an idea that he launched), Bando organizes and sets a time frame for a game each week. This helps the board bond, and lose to me at least once a week. And it's not just to play poker that this was made, it was to add more depth and variety to the board with an activity that everyone can partake in that isn't wrestling or MMA, or shoving an opinion down your throat.

Bando also heads up the AFW section. Which is probably the most arduous task I have ever been a part of on any forum. His attention to detail and thorough intelligent conclusions are always unbiased and once again, are logical. He has never actually fallen behind and assumes full responsibility for anything he does, which is something I look for in a leader. He's also humble and doesn't whore out his projects all the time everywhere he can. He'll make one comment in the chat box and that's pretty much it. This is shown in the fact that he keeps all results within one thread to reduce clutter. Anyone else would make like a thread a week for each division to make themselves more prominent and noticeable.

Bando is also proactive in the growth of Armbar Forums, bothering the main technical admin (Ben) to further improve the boards. Not based on what HE would like to see on the board, but rather with improvements as to what EVERYONE might benefit from. He's also probably the only person I know who uses his youtube channel, rkohearsvoices (what a faggy name), to put the armbarforums brand out there. He may not get oodles of hits or viewers, but the effort is still there to attract traffic.

To me, the pick was pretty simple in terms of straight up care and appreciation for the board and overall activity that can be generated by either of the candidates.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by ArJay » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 am

Believe it or not, my vote is for Bando. I was perfectly fine with him getting it on account of HellYeah's vote. Looking over things, I truly believe he will be an outstanding mod and surpass anything I've done. (In fact he already has even without being a mod.) I really wanna see what he's capable of and I have no problems letting him take my spot. I want what is best for Armbar and personally I think him and Shot will make a great team moving forward. Congrats to Shot for getting re-elected (like it was ever a doubt haha) and best of luck to you Bando. :cheers:

EDIT: Also, what ILMH said.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by IWillNotDie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:55 am

ArJay wrote:Believe it or not, my vote is for Bando. I was perfectly fine with him getting it on account of HellYeah's vote. Looking over things, I truly believe he will be an outstanding mod and surpass anything I've done. (In fact he already has even without being a mod.) I really wanna see what he's capable of and I have no problems letting him take my spot. I want what is best for Armbar and personally I think him and Shot will make a great team moving forward. Congrats to Shot for getting re-elected (like it was ever a doubt haha) and best of luck to you Bando. :cheers:

Are you officially stepping down, then?
IWillNotDie
Site Admin

PostPosted by ArJay » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 am

IWillNotDie wrote:
ArJay wrote:Believe it or not, my vote is for Bando. I was perfectly fine with him getting it on account of HellYeah's vote. Looking over things, I truly believe he will be an outstanding mod and surpass anything I've done. (In fact he already has even without being a mod.) I really wanna see what he's capable of and I have no problems letting him take my spot. I want what is best for Armbar and personally I think him and Shot will make a great team moving forward. Congrats to Shot for getting re-elected (like it was ever a doubt haha) and best of luck to you Bando. :cheers:

Are you officially stepping down, then?

No, simply casting my vote. I would of course like to remain as mod, and if the majority of the forum re-vote me I'll gladly stay on.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 am

Time for my explanation:

When I originally saw the elections thread and threw my name into the ballot, I assumed that we were adding new mods, not choosing the two spots we already had. When I learned that, I said that the two people who were mods already should stay. I say this because neither ArJay nor Longshot have done anything wrong with their position since they got it, and I don't think it's fair to oust anyone out of their position specifically because one of the two ended up being more popular than the other. By that I mean, why exactly should one vote for Longshot, but not ArJay? It's not he's done less or been that much less active (discounting Longshot's absurd post count). In the end, I say that if we're nod adding a mod, then the same two should stay. Like at this point, why the fuck can't we just have 3 mods?
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:16 am

SHADE 45 wrote:Time for my explanation:

When I originally saw the elections thread and threw my name into the ballot, I assumed that we were adding new mods, not choosing the two spots we already had. When I learned that, I said that the two people who were mods already should stay. I say this because neither ArJay nor Longshot have done anything wrong with their position since they got it, and I don't think it's fair to oust anyone out of their position specifically because one of the two ended up being more popular than the other. By that I mean, why exactly should one vote for Longshot, but not ArJay? It's not he's done less or been that much less active (discounting Longshot's absurd post count). In the end, I say that if we're nod adding a mod, then the same two should stay. Like at this point, why the fuck can't we just have 3 mods?

It's difficult to justify any additional mods right now, IMO. It's not like we have that much trouble with flaming, etc. For the most part, we are a well-behaved community.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:42 am

SHADE 45 wrote: Like at this point, why the fuck can't we just have 3 mods?

We had this discussion pretty thoroughly in the staff section. The idea behind the mod terms is so that you don't end up with a set of ineffectual mods who disappear for months at a time and do nothing to improve the board when they return. As far as 3 mods go, I was a big proponent of it, but in all truthfulness we don't necessarily need a third mod at this juncture based on the number of active posters we have. Also, it would create a scenario where a staff vote (we do these more often than you might think) could end in a tie.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

To the voters, I have voted to keep my original vote when voting.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am

Congrats Bando!!!
ArJay

Return to Announcements, Rules and FAQ's