Admin/Staff Changes

Major changes, the rules and frequently asked questions are all here.

Admin/Staff Changes

PostPosted by rich0 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello good people of the Armbar!

Got to announce some changes, don't panic. I was asked to play drums for a touring band about a week ago and have taken them up on it. It's a good money earner and my dream job. With this new commitment, my two other bands and work, I have very little free time. So unlike some Admins on other boards, I've decided to step down from my Admin position and let someone else who will be more active take my spot. I think it's pretty poor form to have a totally inactive Admin, hence this decision. I talked it over with the other staff here and it seems the most logical step. I'll still contribute financially to the board and I'll post when I can, I just won't be an Admin any more.

The staff have talked it over and Longshot will be taking my spot as Admin. He's the most active member of this board and couldn't be more deserving. A more than suitable replacement, I'm sure you'll all agree. He'll be contributing creatively and financially, just like any other Admin/Owner. Cheers for stepping up, dude.

With this change, ArJay will be taking the other mod spot along side Bando. He had the next most votes in the last mod election and did an excellent job last year. I know this place will be in very good hands for the future.

Don't panic, AFP will continue. Strife will carry on with TNA and WWE, Ben will now take over UFC permanently and Bando will be taking over the tallying/tables/excel parts.

All I've got to say is thanks for making Armbar a reality. It was a big step and all you guys make this place what it is. I'm crap with speeches, so I'll let another person who walked away from the wrestling industry to follow a music career say it for me:

rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: Admin/Staff Changes

PostPosted by IWillNotDie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:50 pm

THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap* THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap* THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap*
IWillNotDie
Site Admin

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by ArJay » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap* THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap* THANK YOU RICH0 *clap clap, clap clap clap*
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Congrats Shot and Arjay.

Another financial backer? Is this place expensive to run?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:24 pm

bountyhunter wrote:Congrats Shot and Arjay.

It's not THAT expensive, but it's not cheap and spread among more people makes it just a tiny bit easier for everyone involved.
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm

I come back THEN you leave! I see what's going on here Richard.

On a serious note, shitty to see you step down but can't fault you for doing so.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by rich0 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 am

dcbandicoot wrote:
bountyhunter wrote:Congrats Shot and Arjay.

It's not THAT expensive, but it's not cheap and spread among more people makes it just a tiny bit easier for everyone involved.

It ends up costing each person around $30. The idea of spreading the cost around is always good but it also means not one person ever really owns the board, making it more community based, which a forum should be.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 am

rich0 wrote:It ends up costing each person around $30. The idea of spreading the cost around is always good but it also means not one person ever really owns the board, making it more community based, which a forum should be.

If the board gets big enough and starts to gain some momentum Zuffa will probably buy it off you for eight figures.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:07 am

So not only are we only gonna have one European admin, but rich0 is now doomed to BLUE NAME STATUS?!

This is a sad day for the Armbar Universe
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 am

I feel like I should make some sort of a speech. Here goes:

You freaks had it real freakin' easy under the less than iron fist of Rich. We're going to see some changes around here now that I'm in charge. For starters, the streets will run red with the blood of my enemies and every night I will fall asleep to the lamentations of their women.... wait... this isn't my Admin speech... it's my assuming the dictatorship of Libya speech. Well shit. Folks, that's how you botch taking over for Rich on Armbar.

I'm going to do the best I can to not suck at this and make it the best forum posting experience you can have.

I'd like to thank the academy, and also the following people for making all this possible. ILMH, you inspire me to be a worse human being, I mean that in a good way. Danny Glover, you try so hard, but I still can't forgive you for Operation Dumbo Drop, I know, I know, no one wanted you to do anything after Lethal Weapon, but come on man! At least you were pretty good in the first Saw movie. Bando, you make the world go round... if the world were numbers and you managed to break some sort of formula to create your own source of gravity. Last but certainly not least, I dedicate my administration to Ernie Hudson, without whom they would have never escaped from the jungle in Congo. We truly owe you a debt of gratitude. I'm getting emotional here.

I think I'd better wrap this up since at this point I assume everyone is tired of these shenanigans. My goals for 2011 are simple: Fix things and don't break the board. I will do my best to hold up that end of the bargain.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:56 pm

LMAO did nobody catch the Uppercut at the end of Rich0's vid? Awesome. Back on topic, it's sad to see you go man, but on the other hand, if you have to pick between this and your dream job, I'd ban you myself (although I won't, yet). It's been a pleasure to work with you, I'm still, to the day, glad you wanted me on this team for this project and shit, we did have a hell of a good time along the way (especialy with Foxxc and the AF Podcast).
Anyway, thanks for everything mate, hope it all works out for you and who knows, maybe you'll be on MTV one day. ;)

My goals for 2011 are simple: Fix things and don't break the board.

Well Shot, you'd be surprised how hard it is lol.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Longshot wrote:I feel like I should make some sort of a speech. Here goes:

You freaks had it real freakin' easy under the less than iron fist of Rich. We're going to see some changes around here now that I'm in charge. For starters, the streets will run red with the blood of my enemies and every night I will fall asleep to the lamentations of their women.... wait... this isn't my Admin speech... it's my assuming the dictatorship of Libya speech. Well shit. Folks, that's how you botch taking over for Rich on Armbar.

I'm going to do the best I can to not suck at this and make it the best forum posting experience you can have.

I'd like to thank the academy, and also the following people for making all this possible. ILMH, you inspire me to be a worse human being, I mean that in a good way. Danny Glover, you try so hard, but I still can't forgive you for Operation Dumbo Drop, I know, I know, no one wanted you to do anything after Lethal Weapon, but come on man! At least you were pretty good in the first Saw movie. Bando, you make the world go round... if the world were numbers and you managed to break some sort of formula to create your own source of gravity. Last but certainly not least, I dedicate my administration to Ernie Hudson, without whom they would have never escaped from the jungle in Congo. We truly owe you a debt of gratitude. I'm getting emotional here.

I think I'd better wrap this up since at this point I assume everyone is tired of these shenanigans. My goals for 2011 are simple: Fix things and don't break the board. I will do my best to hold up that end of the bargain.

IDK about anyone else, but I read the beginning of this speak as if Scott Steiner was giving it. :O

Holler, if ya hear me.

Btw, Shot, are the names of the people who last posted in a thread fixed yet? C'mon man, your falling down! :rofl:
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

Admin/Staff Changes

PostPosted by G-Sizzle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:00 pm

I wish you well in your future endeavours.
G-Sizzle

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: william regal

PostPosted by IWillNotDie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:52 pm

bountyhunter wrote:Btw, Shot, are the names of the people who last posted in a thread fixed yet? C'mon man, your falling down! :rofl:

YEAH! CLEAN MY DAMN MESS...sir.
IWillNotDie
Site Admin

PostPosted by Cruisermark88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Congrats on getting such a great opportunity rich and thanks for being such an awesome admin. This place won't be the same without you.

Shot, now that you're an admin EVERYTHING that goes wrong I blame on you.

Ernie Hudson Should Die In A Fire
Cruisermark88

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka, Scotty Riggs, Ciclope, ect.
Favorite Show: Impact or Nitro with ILMH and Longshot.

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:01 am

Cruisermark88 wrote:Congrats on getting such a great opportunity rich and thanks for being such an awesome admin. This place won't be the same without you.

Shot, now that you're an admin EVERYTHING that goes wrong I blame on you.

As it was probabl y my fault, I take it. The good nwes is that I'm drunk. The even better news if that your new Admin can fucking party! Pepper vodka shots for everyone!
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by IWillNotDie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Longshot wrote:
As it was probabl y my fault, I take it. The good nwes is that I'm drunk. The even better news if that your new Admin can fucking party! Pepper vodka shots for everyone!

And THIS is officially Longshot's first post as Admin...what have we done?!
IWillNotDie
Site Admin

Return to Announcements, Rules and FAQ's