Colt Cabana Not Taking Indy Bookings (WWE Speculation)

ROH, DragonGate, PWG, Chikara, Brits, Spaniards, Germans, Aussies and everything else.

Colt Cabana Not Taking Indy Bookings (WWE Speculation)

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com

According to a report by Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Colt Cabana has told at least one promotion he works with on a regular basis that he won’t be taking any more bookings with them after next month. He was also involved in an injury angle with NWA Hollywood recently as well. It should be noted that Cabana has reportedly yet to sign a new deal with Ring of Honor along with Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli. This of course has led to some possible WWE speculation with CM Punk dropping his name in recent weeks on television leading into Sunday’s Money in the Bank PPV (an event Cabana has stated publicly he plans to attend, although he resides in Chicago).

I think I called this yesterday, but I would really like to see Cabana go to WWE as Colt Cabana (Not Scotty Goldman) and work with Punk. Gallows got a name drop on Raw this week too. I don't really foresee him jumping back aboard so quickly. He had a tryout for TNA last month. Still, if Punk's program leads Cabana back to the WWE, I am all for it.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Colt Cabana Not Taking Indy Bookings (WWE Speculation)

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:04 am

I think Gallows is working in Japan at the moment so I don't think he'll be coming in right away if at all.

As for Cabana, I would like to see him in the Fed for sure but at the same time I don't see his run going too well but if he stuck around for a few years as a comedy face I would have no issues.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Fuck Gallows, I want Serena back
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:Fuck Gallows, I want Serena back

Why? So you can see her job to Kelly Kelly? Or so that she can fail to stay in character outside of shows?
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by rich0 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Honestly, I'd love to see all of them stay in ROH and have Punk join them. Preferably followed by Dragon and Ziggler a few weeks later. Then for ROH to get a TV deal, probably the Spike one TNA is going to eventually loose. We'd have these awesome wrestlers being booked by Delirious and Cornette with decent TV exposure. At the same time, killing TNA and stealing all their top talent. Honestly, I believe the WWE has become stale due to about 10 years of broadcasting a mediocre wrestling product. I'd like to see another well run company take over in popularity, viewership etc for a bit just to see if the WWE could keep up when another company gets the exposure they do, but is also run well. The top contender right now is ROH and their VERY well put together product.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Longshot wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:Fuck Gallows, I want Serena back

Why? So you can see her job to Kelly Kelly? Or so that she can fail to stay in character outside of shows?

If WWE's going to continue this "Smart, Sexy, Powerful" bullshit, it'd be nice to have a diva that fit all three without having to look like a man.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 pm

rich0 wrote:Honestly, I'd love to see all of them stay in ROH and have Punk join them. Preferably followed by Dragon and Ziggler a few weeks later. Then for ROH to get a TV deal, probably the Spike one TNA is going to eventually loose. We'd have these awesome wrestlers being booked by Delirious and Cornette with decent TV exposure. At the same time, killing TNA and stealing all their top talent. Honestly, I believe the WWE has become stale due to about 10 years of broadcasting a mediocre wrestling product. I'd like to see another well run company take over in popularity, viewership etc for a bit just to see if the WWE could keep up when another company gets the exposure they do, but is also run well. The top contender right now is ROH and their VERY well put together product.

ROH has a broadcasting deal. Their new tv show starts taping in August I believe.

Frankly, I have no particular confidence in Cornette or Delerious in the booking department. ROH hasn't by any stretch been bad, but aside from Davey/Eddie, there haven't been very many story lines that I am interested in. The match quality is still there, but the build to matches just hasn't been doing it for me.

If WWE's going to continue this "Smart, Sexy, Powerful" bullshit, it'd be nice to have a diva that fit all three without having to look like a man.

She can't be that smart if she couldn't figure out how to stay in character.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to Independent, International & Others