ROH: New Television Announcer

ROH, DragonGate, PWG, Chikara, Brits, Spaniards, Germans, Aussies and everything else.

ROH: New Television Announcer

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 am

During the ROH TV tapings tonight, former ROH champion Nigel McGuinnness returned to the company. He will do commentary with Kevin Kelly.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Very cool. Nigel is a fantastic talker and this is definitely a good use for him. I think TNA dropped the ball by not putting him in a similar role.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: ROH: New Television Announcer

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 am

I'm very much looking forward to the return of ROH to television and this adds a lot to it, I have always been a fan of Nigel as a worker but he was solid on the stick also so hopefully it translates over to the commentary booth.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by Cruisermark88 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am

I remember he did commentary for one match on the Take No Prisoners PPV back in 2008, because the opening Four Corner Survival match that Tyler Black won earned him a shot at Nigel's title later that night. I don't recall him being all that impressive, but Nigel's promo skills have improved since then and being the permanent color man is a bit of a different role.

I wonder if this means Prazack is gone. He wasn't the best commentator by any means, but he's been the voice of Ring of Honor for years. If he's still going to be around they should at least make him the backstage interview guy, or something along those lines.

Ernie Hudson Should Die In A Fire
Cruisermark88

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka, Scotty Riggs, Ciclope, ect.
Favorite Show: Impact or Nitro with ILMH and Longshot.

PostPosted by rich0 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:28 pm

As you might assume, I'm very happy Nigel is back in ROH and that he's managed to get a role in wrestling again. One of my all time favourites and as you guys said, he's improved so much with his ability to talk. He should be very entertaining in this role. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm going to make an effort to follow ROH with the new tv show and all. I just hope their PPVs synch up with the tv show as this was always a problem with following ROH in the past. I never knew what to watch and when as DVDs were coming out months away from the relevant tv tapings. Combine that with up to date iPPvs and I was completely lost.

edit: an up to date, spoiler free, event/card listing in chronological order would help matters.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Return to Independent, International & Others