Wrestling Revolution Pro

ROH, DragonGate, PWG, Chikara, Brits, Spaniards, Germans, Aussies and everything else.

Wrestling Revolution Pro

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 am

- Luke Gallows is the latest talent to join Jeff Katz's Wrestling Revolution. He joins Shawn Davari, MVP, Kenny Omega, Ken Doane, Sami Callihan, Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, Emil Sitoci and Dr. Luther as announced for the project. The show will be filmed in October, and will be distributed via Netflix and Hulu online. The series will also be released on DVD.

"WRP is a 13-episode seasonal concept built on wrestling storytelling with a complete three act narrative structure. Cutting the cord completely from the modern wrestling industry chronology, it's the launch of a new universe with new characters and new rules. WRP aims to combine modern, relevant themes with compelling in-ring storytelling to create a unique wrestling television experience."

Truthfully, that's a pretty decent line up of wrestlers. I will probably watch this if it is offered via Netflix Streaming. I became a much bigger Gallows fan after listening to his episode on Cabana's podcast. He was really an entertaining guy. I like Omega, Cabana, MVP, and Davairi as well, so this looks like a roster I could be interested in. I am intrigued by their storytelling concept, which is like a more concise version of Chikara's.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Wrestling Revolution Pro

PostPosted by rich0 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 pm

I like the roster they have going. I'm a little bit worried they will restrict themselves a bit with the story telling aspect. If it becomes predictable, that'd be a shame. I'll hold back on the chikara comparisons quite yet. They've set quite a high standard and precedent on a lot of aspects. Male/Female wrestlers being treated equal, the seasons, the entertainment etc. All things I'd like to see other organizations adopt.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm

- Joey Ryan has signed on for Jeff Katz's Wrestling Revolution. Ryan joins Karl Anderson, Mike Rollins, Amazing Red, Ben Muth, Prince Devitt, Luke Gallows, Shawn Davari, MVP, Kenny Omega, Ken Doane, Sami Callihan, Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, Emil Sitoci and Dr. Luther. Lance Storm​ has also signed on as a producer for the project.

I like quite a few of these guys and am familiar or at least have heard of 75% of them. Truthfully, I am most excited for Gallows, MVP, and Omega. I like Cabana more as a personality than a wrestler. I am not as familiar with Joey Ryan as some of the other indy guys on here, but he was memorable in what I have seen him in.

Lance Storm being on board sounds like a good thing as well since he definitely has a solid mind for wrestling.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Here's an update on people involved with the project and a bunch of FAQs to go along:

411mania wrote:
- Tommy Dreamer​ (as a producer) and Shaun Ricker have been added to Jeff Katz's Wrestling Revolution. They join Kevin Matthews, Timothy Thatcher, Adam Pearce​, Trisha LaFache, Shawn Spears​, Pat Buck​, Joey Ryan, Karl Anderson, Mike Rollins, Amazing Red​, Ben Muth, Prince Devitt​, Luke Gallows​, Shawn Davari, MVP, Kenny Omega, Ken Doane, Sami Callihan, Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, Emil Sitoci and Dr. Luther. Lance Storm​ has also signed on as a producer for the project.

What is the promotion all about?: "WRP is a 13-episode seasonal concept built on wrestling storytelling with a complete three act narrative structure. Cutting the cord completely from the modern wrestling industry chronology, it's the launch of a new universe with new characters and new rules. WRP aims to combine modern, relevant themes with compelling in-ring storytelling to create a unique wrestling television experience."

Can you attend?: Wrestling fans can officially join the cast of WRP by being a part of the production process on October 11, 12 and 13 in Hollywood, CA. Joining the WRP production will offer fans a unique, one of a kind experience that lifts the curtain on the processes behind both independent filmmaking and professional wrestling. Attendees are not just members of the audience but instead are fully functioning members of the WRP cast, gaining weekly on-screen credit for their participation and contribution towards the product.

How can you watch?: The show will be filmed in October, and will be distributed via Netflix and Hulu online. The series will also be released on DVD.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to Independent, International & Others