ROH Death Before Dishonor IX Thread

ROH, DragonGate, PWG, Chikara, Brits, Spaniards, Germans, Aussies and everything else.

ROH Death Before Dishonor IX Thread

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 am

Ladder War III
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express
*A contract for a Tag Team Title shot at "Glory By Honor X" hangs above the ring

The "Ringmaster Challenge"- 2/3 Falls Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
* First fall is pinfall only. Second fall is submissions only. If necessary, the third fall is a 15 minute Iron Man Match.

Special Challenge Match #1
Shelton Benjamin vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Special Challenge Match #2
Charlie Haas vs. Michal Elgin with Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jay Lethal & Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Rhino with The Embassy

Three Way Elimination Match
The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados

One-On-One
El Generico vs. Jimmy Jacobs
]

Anyone watch this show? I picked up a copy of it today -- I legit paid money for this show because I was planning on recording my stream while I streamed UFC but it failed miserably and got no audio and random pixelated footage so I downloaded a copy.

Gonna give it a watch and figured I would start a thread for it.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: ROH Death Before Dishonor IX Thread

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:12 am

I watched this last night, here is my run down.

Jay Lethal & Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Rhino was a decent match, nothing too special just a simple, short opener to get the crowd into it without doing every spot in the book so it was good for what it was worth.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Mike Bennett was a solid match. I've heard good things about Bennett's work but never seen him in a spot where he could really show that off and he did that here. I thought it was a pretty good match, the crowd reacted to everything Bennett did which was great and I am a huge fan of the Brutal Bob character.

The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados was a fun match, I am a big fan of all three of these teams [especially Future Shock] and I thought this match was fun. They started off really hot with dives, flips and so forth then slowed it right down until the finish which I liked. My only real issue with this match was when there's a cradle tombstone that looked spectacular and deadly, that's the finish -- no questions asked.

El Generico vs. Jimmy Jacobs was a good match, they were playing off the Jacobs wanting to be a babyface deal and each were countering the others finish but the story of the match was the show up of Kevin Steen. They really wanted Steen to cause havoc and it happened but I thought this segment was a little over done but kudos to ROH for having a storyline that people still care about that began in December of 2009.

Charlie Haas vs. Michael Elgin was a great match, I'm a fan of Elgin in a big way and really thought he needed a match to show off what he's all about and this match did it. They worked a really Japanese strong style match that had elements of some Misawa-Kawada magic but it worked really well with the two.

Your match of the night was Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong, they went around 50 minutes and kept my interest the whole time. They kept it very simple and Strong hit some vicious looking back-breakers which if you guys remember was his thing back in the day. When they went to the third fall which was an iron man match and wasn't resolved I was glad that Cornette came out and said they go overtime until there's a finish instead of the route they've used in the past of "five more minutes" then "another five minutes" until there's a finish.

Briscoes vs. All Nigh Express was a bit of a downer for me, I mean it was by no means a bad match but after a technical masterpiece like that seeing a Briscoes type brawl ladder match didn't have me all that thrilled. I thought they worked okay, all brawling with everyone doing color and they made All Night Express look great but it just wasn't what I was looking for after such a great match before.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Return to Independent, International & Others