CHIKARA High Noon iPPV

ROH, DragonGate, PWG, Chikara, Brits, Spaniards, Germans, Aussies and everything else.

CHIKARA High Noon iPPV

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:58 am

Pre-show Match:
El Generico vs. Jigsaw

Archibald Peck (with Colt Cabunny and Veronica) vs. Colt Cabana
Jakob Hammermeier vs. Sara Del Rey
Green Ant vs. Tursas
Gregory Iron vs. Icarus
The Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)
No Disqualification tag team Lucha de Apuestas
Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (Ares and Tim Donst) vs. The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked and UltraMantis Black)
12 Large: Summit finals for the Chikara Grand Championship
Eddie Kingston (with Tommy Dreamer) vs. Mike Quackenbush (with Jigsaw)

Does anyone know if we are able to get a replay of this to watch from GFL.TV? Because it's Sunday night which means because I'm Australian that works out to be Monday afternoon when I will be working to make a few bones to purchase things such as this.

As for the card, it looks pretty impressive. It's sort of funny that most independent shows have seven titles from their first event but CHIKARA is ten years deep before introducing their first title.

I would expect them to put the strap on Quack because he is CHIKARA but I would have no issues with Eddie Kingston holding it either since he has really become a quality guy in the past two years.

Anyway, CHIKARA = fun = worth your money so help em' out and discuss away.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: CHIKARA High Noon iPPV

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 pm

I suppose, but the Young Lions Cup is essentially a title since it does get defended. Also, don't they have tag belts?
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 pm

You could say the same thing for King of Trios I guess. And yeah, they introduced the Campeonatos de Parejas last month.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by rich0 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Uh, the Campeonatos de Parejas have been about for years now. Also the YLC is won in a tournament each year, then defended throughout the year but can only be won by under 25s. At the end of the year, when the tournament comes around again, the current champ forfeits the cup so it can be won again at the tournament and then defended throughout the year again. It's not really a singles championship as such, it's more of a novelty to help younger guys get over (which I guess is the whole point of a belt, but meh, you get my drift here I think). The new strap is a full on "anyone can win it" belt. It's a pretty big deal for Chikara as they've never had it before.

The 12 large tournament leading up to it was outstanding. They gave every match a really good amount of time and it created some interesting feuds and moments. Claudio putting over SDR, Jigsaw chasing wins, Vin Gerard trying to stop Kingston etc. There was very, very few bs finishes. Nearly every match was clean. It was outstanding. My big problem with having Kingston and Quack in the main is that they are both VERY established in Chikara. I really believe they should have put over either Sarah Del Rey, Tim Donst or Green Ant. Ah well, I'm yet to watch the show but I know who wins. I won't spoil though. I'm sure it'll be one of my favourite shows of the year.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Return to Independent, International & Others