Stress?

Non-wrestling/MMA topics and chat are welcomed here.

Stress?

PostPosted by Astroblack » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 am

Really been stressed out lately. Cant get my mind off things. Anyone have any issues with stress? What has helped you? Just want to be happy with life.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

Re: Stress?

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:32 am

The only time I ever get really stressed is when I know I have done as much as I can and have to rely on others to do their part. It pretty much applies to all facets of my life (work, friends, etc.).

I generally can only stay stressed about anything for about an hour at most. To combat stress, I try to think a situation through and just make sure I am doing whatever I can to facilitate the outcome I want. Once I am satisfied with the knowledge that I have done my part, I can leave the rest up to others.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 am

Primarily when I'm stressed out it's because I have a lot of things to do so if I continue on attempting to finish everything right away I'll just do my head in so I find it best to just sit down for 10 minutes, watch something, listen to so music, take my mind off the situation then figure it all out and proceed.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't stress. Seriously, exams, work, other, haven't stressed since I was 15. The reason is simple. I just worked out that if I do the best I can, there's fuck all else I can do.

Example. Exams. Do your best. That's all you can do anyway. Stressing also makes your brain slower. Nerves are good. Stress is bad.

Also, remember to have priorities. If you have a lot of stuff going on, once you've gotten something out of the way and the outcome is no longer yours to decide on, MOVE ON. Don't dwell on it. As for exams, I've seen countless people know their shit but draw a blank during the test due to stress. They come out of the exam, are so stressed out about said exam that they won't fucking shut up about it, then forget to focus on the next one.

ANYWAY. To make this short. The best way I find to deal with stress is to not have to deal with it at all in the first place. Don't let shit pile up and don't dwell on shit you can't change.

PS: This won't happen within the next 24 hours just because you read this post, so in the meantime, take Shot and Foxxc's advice. Stop, stay calm, think it through. 5 minutes of meditation is often better than an hour of running in circles like a headless chicken. Slowly you'll learn what causes stress in your life and you'll adapt to make sure you keep those situations under control.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by Astroblack » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks guys. I'll take all this into consideration. Keeping busy has kept my mind off things. My girlfriend and I have decided to work out together next week so hopefully that helps too. And its not school related, more on how I don't go to school and could be working a dead end job. You guys are awesome though. Always can help a guy out.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

Return to Forum of 1,004 holds