AF Predicts 2011 - Pro Wrestling Game Poll

Post anything that doesn't fit into the other categories in here.

Best Prediction?

Foxxc - Daniel Bryan will win a World Championship in 2011.
100%
CrayZ - Alberto Del Rio will also win a world championship.
No votes
ArJay - Cena will continue to get hated on despite doing nothing to warrant it.
No votes

Total votes : 5

AF Predicts 2011 - Pro Wrestling Game Poll

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:43 am

We have three that came true, lets have a poll to decide a winner, which is deemed the least likely thus being the best prediction for the year.

"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: AF Predicts 2011 - Pro Wrestling Game Poll

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 am

** BUMP **

Apologies for post whoring but I don't even know if people saw this thread and we need a winner.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:30 am

#Foxxc# wrote:We have three that came true, lets have a poll to decide a winner, which is deemed the least likely thus being the best prediction for the year.

I personally picked Daniel Bryan winning the World Championship because it was the most surprising out of the three. As soon as DB won MITB, a lot of people started saying that he would be the first guy to cash in the briefcase and fail to win the belt. Alberto Del Rio was being groomed for the main event already so it was far less of a surprise that he won the title.

Cena being hated on without any real reason isn't surprising, it is typical. Wrestling fans (including the IWC) are, in general, sheep as far as who they like and don't like. Most of them don't even know why they hate Cena aside from "Five moves of doom!!!" or "he's borrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!!@!" eventhough he had a more limited move set when he was a heel and they all cheered for him then. If there is a real reason to dislike Cena it is the fact that he has been built so strong that most of the heels on the roster cannot be taken seriously in a match against him. The only guys who can really be taken as serious threats to Cena are the other guys in the main event and he's already feuded with all of them. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of a lot of the upper midcard heels, most notably Ziggler and Rhodes, but on paper Rhodes/Cena sounds like a squash doesn't it? In all fairness, I don't even think people really hate Cena so much as what he represents which is the main event glass ceiling. Orton gets kind of the same deal except that his character has been allowed to be a bit more dynamic as far as heel/face shifts go. HHH was the same way for several years too. It isn't that any of these guys are not skilled performers so much as they become the measuring stick for what a main eventer is. It gets to the point where you cannot be taken seriously as a main eventer until you feud with Cena or Orton. Examples? Punk, Mark Henry, Miz.

I really got off on a tangent there. Kind of hijacked the thread even.

Long story short, Daniel Bryan winning the championship was more surprising than ADR accomplishing the same feat and you can't be so naive as to be surprised be people not liking John Cena with or without cause.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by ArJay » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 pm

I voted for DB winning the world title for pretty much the same exact reasons Shot gave.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

Return to General Wrestling