UFC 141

Come hug some Dana nuts.

UFC 141

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Starts soon, follow @justinfauxmma.

Picks -- Nunes, Riddle, Volkmann, Kim, Castillo, Pearson, Phan, Gustafsson, Fitch, Cerrone, Lesnar.

Enjoy and I'll post my thoughts tomorrow when I'm hungover and angry.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: UFC 141

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 pm

So I watched the entirety of the PPV. I was a little disappointed by how quick 2 of the fights were over and also how ineffective Cerrone looked.

Brock announcing his retirement was a bit of a surprise. Not so much that he retired after losing, but rather that he did so immediately after. I thought it would come out in a month or so. I feel like there is more to say about everything, but today is a busy day.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by rich0 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

UBBBEEEERRRRRREEEEEMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ more intelligent discussion when I'm less baked.

edit: I kicked ass with my predictions. Think I got all the fights correct aside from Fitch.
rich0

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Nigel McGuiness/Nate Diaz
Favorite Show: IPW:UK, Chikara, UFC.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:14 am

Heavyweight bout: Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
The final time we see Brock, I just love that he got floored with a body shot because well, I always mark for a body shot, especially a liver shot cause it looked painful. Demolition Man is for real guys.

Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone
I'm someone who has never been the biggest Nate Diaz fan, I always thought he was good but he was never going to beat the best at whichever weight class he chooses, I was wrong. Nate was fantsatic here, his striking was world-class, he didn't allow Cowboy to find his rhythm and was teeing off on him and doing an incredible amount of damage. Cowboy was Cowboy, he was in danger and would'nt follow instructions or listen to Greg and he paid for it, Nate won 30-26 on my card.

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
Johny Hendricks has some power, I don't think anyone suspected the fight to finish like it did. Hendricks hit him on the button and put him to sleep, great stoppage by Steve Mazagatti too.

My favourite part was when Fitch tried to grapple with Steve afterwards not knowing whats going on, I tweeted that Mazagatti should've sunk in that guillotine, could've put him in title contention.

Light Heavyweight bout:Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Gustafsson is a stud, Vlady isn't going to be challenging for titles anytime soon but hes a good gatekeeper and he did nothing against Gustafsson. He has such long limbs that Vlady couldn't get in on him to do any damage and was being picked apart, when he took a chance and lunged forward he paid for it.

Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes
WOW! I knew Hettes had some skills and was a pretty flashy guy but I don't think anyone expected a beatdown like this -- He gave Nam no room to breathe, wrestled him down, constantly searched for submissions and clearly won every round with the first and third being 10-8s on my card. Nam isn't a world beater by any means but hes a real good well rounded mixed martial artist and Hettes dummied him.

Featherweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assunção
I think Ross Pearson has potential to be a player somewhere down the line, hes pretty well rounded and is getting better. Pearson won 30-27 on my card but I thought all 3 rounds were really competitive so I wouldn't have had any issues with anyone scoring for Assuncao to be honest.

Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs. Danny Castillo
Fun fight, very close. Njokuani was being too flashy while throwing his strikes and Castillo was landing on him repeatedly and using his wrestling, I thought Castillo won the first and third but I gave the second to Njokuani because of the great work he was doing in the clinch with his knees in the second and landing pretty consistently the rest of the round too.

Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
A decent fight, Stun Gun did what he does -- He threw everything but the kitchen sink at Pimp Daddy and gassed by the 6 minute mark, he did land with a front kick that left Pierson on wobbly legs after throwing it 300 times during the fight, I thought Kim won all 3 rounds.

Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Efrain Escudero
The story of this fight was the horrible stand-ups by Herb Dean, now usually I'm a supporter of Herb but he was absolutely terrible here. Volkmann beat up Escudero for 14 minutes of the fight with Efrain having nothing at all to offer and being really gassed before Herb Dean called a stand-up while Volkmann was searching for a guillotine and in the dying portions of the fight Escudero nearly tapped him, horrible refereeing by Herb.

Featherweight bout: Manvel Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes
A decent way to start the nights proceedings, a pretty straight forward fight the way I expected it to go down with Nunes being the better striker and picking apart Manny who lunged forward throwing hays, the distance was a real factor though, 29-28 for Nunes on my card.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Return to UFC