Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive For Steroids

A place for MMA promotions that are trying to last longer than Elite XC did.

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive For Steroids

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:05 am

Cristiane Santos Tests Positive For Steroids
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 01.06.2012

She's been suspended and fined...

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos has been fined and suspended by the California State Athletic Commission after testing positive for an anabolic steroid. CSAC officials made the announcement today, suspending Santos for a year and fining her $2,500. Santos tested positive for stanozolol metabolites after a December 17th title defense at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal.

"Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters," said CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd. "Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

Credit: MMAjunkie

Loollllollolollollolol so much for that. Don't know too much about MMA but I recognize the name. So much for your female fighting.
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos Tests Positive For Steroids

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:07 am

MMASucka wrote:Giving black eyes is nothing new to the Cristiane Santos, better known by her moniker “Cyborg” but usually she gives the black eyes in a cage or a gym but today she gave one to women’s mixed martial arts on the whole.

The Strikeforce women’s featherweight champion is widely regarded to be one of the best females in the sport. Santos has been unbeaten since her first professional bout in 2005 dispatching of the likes of Shayna Baszler, Hitomi Akano, Marloes Coenen and Gina Carano.

Last month following almost eighteen months away from the cage she returned to defend her title blowing the doors off the well-rounded Hiroko Yamanaka in her first defeat since 2008.

Today all that was turned upside down when word broke that the California State Athletic Commission has suspended the license of Cyborg and has slapped a $2,500 fine on her for testing positive for the banned substance stanozolol metabolites.

So what does this mean for Santos and the Strikeforce 145-pound division? There won’t be either in the near future.

Strikeforce initially added a featherweight division for their female athletes because they had a beautiful, marketable Gina Carano who was unable to make the drop down to 135-pounds so this weight class was garnered directly for her.

It was soon taken over by Cyborg though who, in the biggest fight in women’s MMA to this point put a real beat-down on the Muay-Thai striker who hasn’t been seen inside a combat circle since, instead pursuing a career in Hollywood.

It’s been a rollercoaster effect since that point; the featherweight division has struggled to find worthy challengers for their champion hence why they had to go to Japan to find “Cats Eye” Yamanaka.

UFC President Dana White isn’t known for pulling punches and has been open about his opinions on women’s combat sports stating that there is a lack of depth amongst divisions and there will not be women competing in the UFC.

With this news breaking I would suspect that the brash figurehead of Zuffa LLC will be quick to terminate the consensus pound-for-pound queen of the sport.

If Santos is removed from the featherweight division it leaves it without a real meaning, although there are quite a number of talented 145-pounders out there most of them aren’t known by the general public and whether or not they want to start from scratch and re-build a division now is highly questionable.

I would suspect that the 145-pounders on the Strikeforce roster would be forced to slim down to make bantamweight or seek employment elsewhere.

The women’s bantamweight division is currently a key talking point amongst fight fans following the triangle twitter fiasco between Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Sarah Kaufman so hopefully that momentum can bring these ladies to a new level of success.

So Cyborg, I guess you have twelve months free to make it down to 135-pounds.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Saw an article on Yahoo about this. Written by Dave Meltzer. I didn't realize he wrote for Yahoo Sports.

On the topic, I'm a bit surprised, she seemed tough enough without them.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 pm

bountyhunter wrote:Saw an article on Yahoo about this. Written by Dave Meltzer. I didn't realize he wrote for Yahoo Sports.

On the topic, I'm a bit surprised, she seemed tough enough without them.

Dave began writing for Yahoo Sports the day they implemented an MMA section.

Cyborgs positive test points to a much larger issue, that performance enhancing drugs are a huge deal amongst mixed martial artists right now. The reality is with a system that does basic level of testing and the knowledge that you will be tested the week of your fight if you go to see Dr. Nick or whichever crooked doctor you can find they can give you a memo on when to start and stop.

And the fact is PEDs are most effective during your training camp, being able to go longer in sparring, pump more weights or so on while your in camp will give you a distinct edge when it comes to fight day and all that is out of your system.

Now this idea that PED use or testosterone replacement therapy will turn you into a hulking maniac with hands of steel and makes you unstoppable is ridiculous but it does give you an unfair advantage on your opponents and leaves anyone doing the right thing behind the curve.
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:56 am

The fact that she hasn't been busted for this before is a miracle, I mean come on, the woman is built like a tank. I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast (by night, after training by day) and they had a doctor call in to speak about the issue. Anyway, while the doctor was inconclusive, here's a point Rogan made.

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?

No, seriously, how the hell did she get a body like that? She's either on something OR she's just a genetic FREAK.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am

2G CrayZ wrote:The fact that she hasn't been busted for this before is a miracle, I mean come on, the woman is built like a tank. I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast (by night, after training by day) and they had a doctor call in to speak about the issue. Anyway, while the doctor was inconclusive, here's a point Rogan made.

No, seriously, how the hell did she get a body like that? She's either on something OR she's just a genetic FREAK.

As much as it all the evidence points towards Cyborg being juiced to the gills during all her fights it just doesn't add up to me. I mean the reason most use PEDs is to get that little upper edge on your opponent but she didn't need it, she was head and shoulders above anyone at 145-pounds.

To another issue, Bas Rutten brought up a great point the other day -- If she's clean then she should send in the dietary fluid she took that had stanozolol to the athletic commission for testing.
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am

2G CrayZ wrote:The fact that she hasn't been busted for this before is a miracle, I mean come on, the woman is built like a tank. I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast (by night, after training by day) and they had a doctor call in to speak about the issue. Anyway, while the doctor was inconclusive, here's a point Rogan made.

The answer to this question can be best told by Mark Henry in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e86llHK4zY&t=2m32s
SHADE 45

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 am

It's amazing the transformation between this version of Mark Henry and the badass we see today.
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:26 am

That's why they call her Chris, baby!
SHADE 45

Return to Others