UFC.com Hacked

Come hug some Dana nuts.

UFC.com Hacked

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 am

At roughly 5:40 p.m. ET the official UFC.com website was hacked. The site currently redirects to UGNazi.com, a site which is little more than a picture of an anime version of Hitler and a short message claiming responsibility.

Here's the tweet by the person behind the move:

@JoshTheGod
Josh Matthews
UFC.com Hacked By UGNazi.com #Megaupload #UFC #Hack #ugnazi #joshthegod

The prevailing thought on why the site was attacked is today's LVRJ article in which UFC executive VP Lawrence Epstein defended the promotion's support of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Support of SOPA has led to many websites being attacked recently and the promotion's rather out of touch stance on the issue likely drew the attention of groups looking to make a little noise.

In the latest defense, Epstein talked about piracy taking away the promotion's profits and ability to help grow the economy as well as talking about the need for the internet to have more rules.

There will be plenty more of these situations happening as the final battles in the SOPA war are fought.

People are taking this shit really seriously, support SOPA and they will retaliate.

UFC is supporting SOPA because of the amount of people illegally watching their pay-per-views and no other reason though.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: UFC.com Hacked

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:58 am

While I don't support SOPA, I can understand there being companies like UFC or WWE who would because they believe they are losing revenue on illegal PPV streams. I also think that hackers in general are self righteous assholes who should really put their passion and abilities toward more meaningful pursuits.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:12 am

Longshot wrote:While I don't support SOPA, I can understand there being companies like UFC or WWE who would because they believe they are losing revenue on illegal PPV streams. I also think that hackers in general are self righteous assholes who should really put their passion and abilities toward more meaningful pursuits.

I completely understand the UFC's standpoint on it, if SOPA passed it would make it extremely difficult for people to illegally view their pay-per-views, for a while anyway.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Pirates will always find a way.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by ArJay » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Yarrrrrr.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

#Foxxc# wrote:
Longshot wrote:While I don't support SOPA, I can understand there being companies like UFC or WWE who would because they believe they are losing revenue on illegal PPV streams. I also think that hackers in general are self righteous assholes who should really put their passion and abilities toward more meaningful pursuits.

I completely understand the UFC's standpoint on it, if SOPA passed it would make it extremely difficult for people to illegally view their pay-per-views, for a while anyway.

Yeah and if SOPA passed, all of us would probably go to jail and get fined for having links to certain videos on this site.
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:30 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:
#Foxxc# wrote:

Yeah and if SOPA passed, all of us would probably go to jail and get fined for having links to certain videos on this site.

That would be referred to as "Ex Post Facto" or "after the fact" so you could probably beat the case.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 am

Yeah this SOPA shit is really getting out of hand. To anyone curious, this SOPA thing also affects the Video game world as well. I know that the company Nintendo supported SOPA (mostly because their systems are so easy to hack and mod) , but Sony and Microsoft don't share the same opinion. It caused a big uproar on Twitter and several sources that are part of E3 (which is essentially the Wrestlemania of Video games) have stated that they will no show the event if the bill passes. When I heard WWE supported SOPA, I figured it was only a matter of time before UFC became a target of hackers. We live in interesting times.
Voice of the voiceless: CM Punk.
Voiceless of the voice: Y2J
MarvelousMe

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Anyone with over three moves
Favorite Show: WCW Nitro

Return to UFC