Crackdown on Illegal Streams

Non-wrestling/MMA topics and chat are welcomed here.

Crackdown on Illegal Streams

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm

- U.S. federal agents arrested a man who allegedly ran several websites that illegally streamed sports content, seizing sixteen domain names. Agents arrested Yonjo Quiora, who they say gave video access to NFL, NBA, NHL, WWE, and TNA events through his websites, after a Department of Homeland Security enforcement presented himself as a WWE employee arranging a meeting to purchase the domain names from him. Quiroa agreed to make a deal, after which the agents made their arrest.

The government seized firstrow.tv, firstrowsports.com, firstrowsports.net, firstrowsports.tv, hq-streams.tv, robplay.tv, soccertvlive.net, sports95.com, sports95.net, sports95.org, sportswwe.net, sportswwe.tv, sportswwe.com, xonesports.tv, youwwe.com, and youwwe.net, which were operated out of Quiroa's Comstock Park, Michigan home since February 2010. He received at least $13,000 on advertising from the operation.

Credit: Reuters

That would appear to be that as far as firstrow and all those go. I'm sure somebody else will be dumb enough to fill that void though. I sort of wondered how much longer illegal streaming was going to last. It isn't the wild west sort of deal like it was 2 or 3 years ago where streams were everywhere.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Crackdown on Illegal Streams

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Longshot wrote:
- U.S. federal agents arrested a man who allegedly ran several websites that illegally streamed sports content, seizing sixteen domain names. Agents arrested Yonjo Quiora, who they say gave video access to NFL, NBA, NHL, WWE, and TNA events through his websites, after a Department of Homeland Security enforcement presented himself as a WWE employee arranging a meeting to purchase the domain names from him. Quiroa agreed to make a deal, after which the agents made their arrest.

The government seized firstrow.tv, firstrowsports.com, firstrowsports.net, firstrowsports.tv, hq-streams.tv, robplay.tv, soccertvlive.net, sports95.com, sports95.net, sports95.org, sportswwe.net, sportswwe.tv, sportswwe.com, xonesports.tv, youwwe.com, and youwwe.net, which were operated out of Quiroa's Comstock Park, Michigan home since February 2010. He received at least $13,000 on advertising from the operation.

Credit: Reuters

That would appear to be that as far as firstrow and all those go. I'm sure somebody else will be dumb enough to fill that void though. I sort of wondered how much longer illegal streaming was going to last. It isn't the wild west sort of deal like it was 2 or 3 years ago where streams were everywhere.

Streams will still be around, there are plenty of private streaming sites that UFC for instance cannot touch because they're paid services.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:07 am

I'm glad Homeland Security is focus on protecting us from terrorists.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 am

bountyhunter wrote:I'm glad Homeland Security is focus on protecting us from terrorists.

According to Dana White, these guys are terrorists
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 am

What a load of bullshit. I blame the American system for a lot of recent shit gone down. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with the USA, they give me UFC and awesome TV shows, but the fact that so many big companies participate in lobbying (and the fact that it's allowed) really fucks everybody up.

On a similar note, WHY would they need SOPA if the FBI/Feds can already shut down sites?
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 am

2G CrayZ wrote:What a load of bullshit. I blame the American system for a lot of recent shit gone down. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with the USA, they give me UFC and awesome TV shows, but the fact that so many big companies participate in lobbying (and the fact that it's allowed) really fucks everybody up.

On a similar note, WHY would they need SOPA if the FBI/Feds can already shut down sites?

SOPA's supposed to be for foreign websites, which makes no sense since it also gave them the power to essentially shut down any website. We'd be screwed if SOPA passed and you'd probably end up in jail unless someone monitored the forum every second of the day.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Agree with Shade on the foreign sites thing. I know of a few streaming sites that are still up that are based out of Europe.

In regards to SOPA, I can commend them for what they are trying to do (prevent piracy) but they are totally going to such extremes to do so.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:15 pm

2G CrayZ wrote:What a load of bullshit. I blame the American system for a lot of recent shit gone down. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with the USA, they give me UFC and awesome TV shows, but the fact that so many big companies participate in lobbying (and the fact that it's allowed) really fucks everybody up.

You can blame the American system, but the EU is looking at legislation that is nearly identical.
Last edited by Longshot on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My grammar made no sense
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:14 pm

As ILMH said, there are many streaming sites based in Europe. Last night a lot of fans used them to watch Impact and I'm watching SD! on one currently as I'm typing this. I don't think we need to have a poll on heel of the year this time around. SOPA is feuding with everybody it seems.
Voice of the voiceless: CM Punk.
Voiceless of the voice: Y2J
MarvelousMe

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Anyone with over three moves
Favorite Show: WCW Nitro

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Longshot wrote:

You can blame the American system, but the EU is looking at legislation that is nearly identical.

Because the USA gave them the damn idea in the first place.

Yes, I'm talking out of my ass.
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

Return to Forum of 1,004 holds