The "I Watched Some Rasslin' And It Was Awesome" Thread

Post anything that doesn't fit into the other categories in here.

The "I Watched Some Rasslin' And It Was Awesome" Thread

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:17 am

Simple enough concept, when you watch a match or a show that you think reeked of badassery you can post it here and we will discuss it, doesn't matter if its 2 days or 200 years old, just post about it.

I'm guessing everyone watched Wrestlemania? If not, watch Triple H vs. Undertaker & The Rock vs. John Cena there.

I checked the AJPW PPV last week [Pro Wrestling Love In Kyogoku 14] and it is probably the best Puroresu show I've watched in a few years.

Key matches to check out:
All Asia Tag Team Title Match: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (C) vs. Suwama & Takumi Soya
These lot managed to keep a high-tempo match for the whole time and just plastered it with psychology, my Japanese watched has been cut dramatically over the past few years but I heard good things about Sekimoto/Okabayashi as a duo.

AJPW World Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Shuji Kondo
Omega became one of my favorites to watch a few or two back along with Richochet and he's just got better with his trips oveseas and this match was fantastic, the match wasn't too spot-heavy as i expected and began a little sloppy but picked up for a hot finish.

Triple Crown Title Match: Jun Akiyama (C) vs. Keiji Muto
This match was good, these two are aging and have obvious limitations, especially Mutoh but Akiyama carried a lot of the load here and they got through a pretty great match, enjoyed it top-to-bottom but thought it could've been a little shorter.

I haven't had a chance to check out the DGUSA or ROH iPPVs from the weekend, I hear Elgin & Richards tore it up.

I am slowly chipping away at the Observer matches of the year pack I downloaded a year or so ago, watching some obvious classics like Tiger Mask-Dynamite, Freebirds-Von Erichs, Misawa-Kobashi and so on.

Other than that, tell me some shit to watch and I'll do the same when I watch something of worth, and for those down to watch some Bryan Danielson in matches longer than 18 seconds IVPVideos has the 2 disc best of Dragon in NOAH collection for a free download here;
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info. ... 834bd3e55f
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: The "I Watched Some Rasslin' And It Was Awesome" Thread

PostPosted by Astroblack » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:39 am

Last few matches I saw was HBK vs Taker from HIAC Badd Blood 97. Loved that match

Also HBK vs. Stone Cold from WM14. Michaels was injured but still put on a good match. Wasn't their match from KoTR 97 but it was still good.

Rock - Cena was a very good match. Was surprised it went 30 minutes.

Thought the HIAC was ok. There were quite too many ref bumps which were expected but it seemed a bit overbooked. Still a solid match and I'm glad I got to see the streak get to 20-0.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

Re: The "I Watched Some Rasslin' And It Was Awesome" Thread

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 am

Astroblack wrote:Last few matches I saw was HBK vs Taker from HIAC Badd Blood 97. Loved that match

Also HBK vs. Stone Cold from WM14. Michaels was injured but still put on a good match. Wasn't their match from KoTR 97 but it was still good.

Rock - Cena was a very good match. Was surprised it went 30 minutes.

Thought the HIAC was ok. There were quite too many ref bumps which were expected but it seemed a bit overbooked. Still a solid match and I'm glad I got to see the streak get to 20-0.

I thought Rock-Cena went too long, and I thought the music introductions were far too long, I thought they got a little gassed but they managed to make it all work, the crowd deserves a lot of credit there, for the beginning and the finish they were red hot.

HIAC wasn't the best match by any means, I thought as a match their match last year was better but the emotion and storytelling made this years match better as an entire product.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Return to General Wrestling