Watching Impact is Painful

Believe that Dixie Carter is a real person? This is the place for you, brother!

Watching Impact is Painful

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 am

Brutally painful.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Watching Impact is Painful

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 am

I take it you won't be adding to this? Not really thread worthy, ya know?
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:33 am

Longshot wrote:I take it you won't be adding to this? Not really thread worthy, ya know?

I figured I'd let others chime in. Get a feel for others' feelings on it. Perhaps some people enjoy it?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:35 am

Voluntarily watching Impact is like laying in traffic.

If you feel pain, it's your own damn fault
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:43 am

Is Hogan on the mic every week?

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:32 am

Impact is just fine as well as Ring Ka King. I enjoy it much more than Smackdown which has been unwatchable to me for the better part of five months now. If watching Impact is laying in traffic, then watching Smackdown is jumping off a 10 story building, but that's just me. Hogan just came back as a semi-active character last week. Sting stepped down as head authority figure and Hogan took his place.
Voice of the voiceless: CM Punk.
Voiceless of the voice: Y2J
MarvelousMe

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Anyone with over three moves
Favorite Show: WCW Nitro

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:58 am

MarvelousMe wrote:Impact is just fine as well as Ring Ka King. I enjoy it much more than Smackdown which has been unwatchable to me for the better part of five months now. If watching Impact is laying in traffic, then watching Smackdown is jumping off a 10 story building, but that's just me. Hogan just came back as a semi-active character last week. Sting stepped down as head authority figure and Hogan took his place.

Ah, I last watched a couple weeks ago and Sting was still in charge; was wondering how Hogan was the center of attention so suddenly again.

Perhaps Hogan will turn and help Bischoff win his match.

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 am

bountyhunter wrote:
MarvelousMe wrote:Impact is just fine as well as Ring Ka King. I enjoy it much more than Smackdown which has been unwatchable to me for the better part of five months now. If watching Impact is laying in traffic, then watching Smackdown is jumping off a 10 story building, but that's just me. Hogan just came back as a semi-active character last week. Sting stepped down as head authority figure and Hogan took his place.

Ah, I last watched a couple weeks ago and Sting was still in charge; was wondering how Hogan was the center of attention so suddenly again.

Perhaps Hogan will turn and help Bischoff win his match.

I roll my eyes every time I see Flair. I respect Flair the wrestler, but Flair the person is a scumbag.
MarvelousMe

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:41 pm

At least I feel secure in dying if I jump off the building whereas with laying in traffic, it will be painful and I could linger in pain for a long time. Hooray metaphors!
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Herco » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:57 am

Why watch Impact? Just watch foolkiller's reviews, it's way more fun and he even gets you interested in watching that shit.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by Astroblack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I saw impact a few weeks ago and it was absolute shit. Foolkiller's reviews are good but i feel like he's seen so much TNA that he's starting to like some of it. Its all bad. Even Austin Aries who i should like is annoying as fuck. Marvie, youre the only one i share the same opinions with but ffs its fucking terrible dude. An it'll never get better stop waiting for some miricle shit to happen cause it never will. Theyre never gonna make Alex Shelley the world champ, theyre never gonna give Bobby Roode a proper win. Its never gonna happen and every week youre wasting your time. Go on netflix and watch breaking bad or something cause thats quality shit. Not tna which is fucking garbage.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

The show is just fine for me. I watch it every week on a regular basis, just like I watch WWE shows and ROH shows on a regular basis and this show is just fine. I find Impact far more entertaining than SD 100% of the time. I guess thats just how I am because I've always watched multiple shows from multiple companies instead of focusing on one thing. That's just not me.
MarvelousMe

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 am

MarvelousMe wrote:The show is just fine for me. I watch it every week on a regular basis, just like I watch WWE shows and ROH shows on a regular basis and this show is just fine. I find Impact far more entertaining than SD 100% of the time. I guess thats just how I am because I've always watched multiple shows from multiple companies instead of focusing on one thing. That's just not me.

I kind of agree with you on SD at least, it's the B-Show and they treat it that way.

I can't sit through Impact anymore, it always just frustrates me from a comparative standpoint. The comparison being TNA in 2007 compared to now. The wrestling isn't as good, the storylines aren't as good. But hell, if you can watch it and enjoy it, cool. I'm glad someone does.

I wanted to follow ROH since it got some regular tv time, but I just found myself unable to really care about the product. It's a combination of things. The presentation isn't great. Like, the production value just pales in comparison to TNA or WWE, and that is to be expected, but it takes away from the overall product in my eyes. Also, one hour just isn't enough for a weekly wrestling show. I will give ROH that it doesn't waste a lot of it's airtime with superfluous bullshit, but the builds suffer from the lack of a weekly progression on all the angles they want the viewer to care about.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by MarvelousMe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 am

Longshot wrote:
MarvelousMe wrote:The show is just fine for me. I watch it every week on a regular basis, just like I watch WWE shows and ROH shows on a regular basis and this show is just fine. I find Impact far more entertaining than SD 100% of the time. I guess thats just how I am because I've always watched multiple shows from multiple companies instead of focusing on one thing. That's just not me.

I kind of agree with you on SD at least, it's the B-Show and they treat it that way.

I can't sit through Impact anymore, it always just frustrates me from a comparative standpoint. The comparison being TNA in 2007 compared to now. The wrestling isn't as good, the storylines aren't as good. But hell, if you can watch it and enjoy it, cool. I'm glad someone does.

I wanted to follow ROH since it got some regular tv time, but I just found myself unable to really care about the product. It's a combination of things. The presentation isn't great. Like, the production value just pales in comparison to TNA or WWE, and that is to be expected, but it takes away from the overall product in my eyes. Also, one hour just isn't enough for a weekly wrestling show. I will give ROH that it doesn't waste a lot of it's airtime with superfluous bullshit, but the builds suffer from the lack of a weekly progression on all the angles they want the viewer to care about.

Yeah. I started watching ROH again earlier this year in Jan. They don't waste time with bullshit and focus on the wrestling. The only struggle I have with ROH is the storytelling. A lot of times their matches are spotfests just for the sake of it. Like someone can get their arm injured and worked on for 90% of the match to sell the story that the person's arm is injured. Then the injured person takes a vicious arm spot and you think subconsciously, that HAS to be it, but then its not. And this just repeats for 30 mins of close near falls that would be the end of the match in any other fed, but not in ROH. Then the match ends with something random kinda unrelated to the storytelling like a small roll up or something. ROH does this a lot. Other than that, its moderately entertaining.

SD is the B show and its treated as such. Hardly any effort is put into it at all and its been unwatchable for me since October. I just enjoy Impact more. It has its flaws like every show, but I am more entertained from Impact than I am Smackdown.
MarvelousMe

PostPosted by Herco » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Raw, Smackdown, TNA, ROH, it doesn't matter, I think we can all agree on one thing: This things used to be great by 2005/6. What happened? Back there there were... you know, STORYLINES. Catchy storylines.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Herco wrote:Raw, Smackdown, TNA, ROH, it doesn't matter, I think we can all agree on one thing: This things used to be great by 2005/6. What happened? Back there there were... you know, STORYLINES. Catchy storylines.

Ehh. I actually like the storytelling in the WWE. It is pretty heavy handed, but it gets the point across. There aren't a lot of swerves just for the sake of swerves and the ones that do happen are generally welcome surprises (i.e. Santino putting on a show at EC).
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:05 am

Bischoff is fun to watch. The booing and jeers going on are incredible.

ImageImage
bountyhunter

Return to Impact Wrestling