Impact to be live throughout the Summer

Believe that Dixie Carter is a real person? This is the place for you, brother!

Impact to be live throughout the Summer

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Fri May 18, 2012 3:10 am

TNA has announced that Impact Wrestling will go live this summer. The show's first live episode will be May 31st, the same day that the show moves up an hour to 8:00 EST on Thursdays. Dixie Carter said in the press release that the show will be live from Universal Studios in Orlando starting May 31st and "continue through the summer."

"We are excited to take Impact Wrestling Live! all summer long, and have our first Live! summer show launch our new 8:00 p.m. EST time slot," said Dixie Carter. "Summer of 2012 is going to be remembered as the most momentous time in our company's history-to-date. Stay tuned."

PWINsider reports that the plan is to air every single episode of Impact live throughout the summer. Nothing has been set for after summer, so that may change once summer is over with.

Honestly? I don't think this is a great idea. I've heard that the fans in the Impact Zone haven't been very loud lately, so TNA won't be able to pipe in crowd noise during post production if they air live. Also, it means that TNA gets no do overs on segments, something they have made full use of up until this point. I can't see this idea benefitting them.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: Impact to be live throughout the Summer

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Fri May 18, 2012 9:53 am

LegendKillerRAB wrote:
Honestly? I don't think this is a great idea. I've heard that the fans in the Impact Zone haven't been very loud lately, so TNA won't be able to pipe in crowd noise during post production if they air live. Also, it means that TNA gets no do overs on segments, something they have made full use of up until this point. I can't see this idea benefitting them.

What would stop them from playing crowd noise over the sound system?

Didn't one of those companies do that for a while?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri May 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Frankly, I think the Impact Zone suffers more from the fact that they were shooting more than one show per taping which diminishes the crowd than that the TNA fans aren't hot for some of the angles. I actually like the idea of TNA going live just because something is really lost in the product with edits.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by #Foxxc# » Sat May 19, 2012 12:07 pm

bountyhunter wrote:What would stop them from playing crowd noise over the sound system?

Didn't one of those companies do that for a while?

Funny story, there's an NFF MMA show from many moons ago that was an all-female MMA card with a lot of good names and interesting matches someone was piping in sound effects over the speakers the entire event which completely ruined it -- For example when Fujii & Welchlin touched gloves for the main event they did an explosion sound effect and they'd pipe in punching sound effects and such.

The point here being, it's possible, but probably not a good idea.

As for the topic at hand, I have no issues with it because it's only for the summer, running live would be a bigger expense of course and if it does anything for numbers then it might be worth sticking with it but when it likely changes nothing they can drop it.
"The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba
#Foxxc#

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 pm

For example when Fujii & Welchlin touched gloves for the main event they did an explosion sound effect

Hahahahahhaha

I wish that happened everytime I fist bumped someone.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

Return to Impact Wrestling