[S5] Armbar Fantasy Wrestling Season 5 Sign-up

The Armbar Fantasy Wrestling leagues, come pick your dream team.

Moderator: AFW Team

[S5] Armbar Fantasy Wrestling Season 5 Sign-up

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:49 am

Armbar Fantasy Wrestling, SEASON 5!

It's that time again! A! F! W!

If you are new or have not played this game before, hopefully this post will help you understand what's up. The official rules will go in the second post.

The object of AFW is to own the wrestlers who are going to score the most points. So, before anything else, you're going to need a team of wrestlers. But alas! You can't have Cena, Orton, Miz, Del Rio and Primo just because you want them on your team. You and your opponents are going to draft a roster of talent based on who you think will do the best.

Each week, I'll tally the results. You'll have a chance to add wrestlers from the unowned wrestler pool and drop your unwanted garbage back to it. And then you'll brag about your team's dominance!

Please, please, please, PM me if you have any questions.

FAQ:

Q: So what do I actually DO during the season/after the draft?
A: Not a whole lot. Transactions are really, really important though. That's the one thing you need to keep track of- who's in the unowned wrestler pool, who you should be adding, and who is suddenly worthless or injured. This means that you need to keep up with the state of things in the WWE. You don't need to watch for hours upon hours, but you need skim results and keep up with injuries and the like. Otherwise, you're going to fall behind quickly - unless your name is MKD.

Q: How does the draft work?
A: More details below, but you'll be put in a random order and each select one wrestler for your team. Then that order will flip (so 6th in the 1st go-through is now 1st in the 2nd go-through) until your team is full. The draft will probably be held live on MSN, but I'm tossed up on that right now. It depends what you all want to do.

Q: How big is my team?
A: Seven wrestlers. Six will score, and you'll have one 'inactive' spot- the inactive doesn't score. Think of it as your 'bench' - he's on your team if you need him, but he's not playing.

Q: Can I draft six guys from one show?
A: No. Each week, your active roster must have TWO raw wrestlers, TWO smackdown wrestlers, and ONE diva. The sixth is a free slot. Having a team that does not conform to these regulations will incur a penalty.

Q: I played last season. Can you just give me what's changed?
A: Sure.
  • The transactions times have now changed: They are always due Monday at 10 AM, New York City time. This is for you Europeans who often don't stay up for PPVs but want to play.
  • We're once again going to change up the way promos work. Exact wording will be up soon, but it'll be pretty close to this season - 1 point per segment, max.

I think that's all.

Q: I visit another forum. Can AF and ______ work something out where some of them can join and play AFW?
A: Absolutely. Please have an admin contact me via MSN messenger or PM here and I will be glad to run an AFW division there.

Q: How long will this season last?
A: The season will begin July 16, the day after MITB. It will end at Hell in a Cell, November 18 (17 weeks).

Division 1- Division Director: dcbandicoot
1. ILMH
2. SHADE 45
3. ArJay
4. xfreehueyx
5. Longshot
6. LegendKillerRAB
7. dcbandicoot
8. Tman

Waiting list
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: [S5] Armbar Fantasy Wrestling Season 5 Sign-up

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:49 am

The Draft. After Smackdown Spoilers come out tonight, I'll create a draft thread. To ensure fairness, we will randomize using http://www.random.org. The draft will be snake style (person who picks first in the odd-numbered rounds will pick last in the even-numbered rounds). The deadline to make your pick is 24 HOURS, after which time I'll hunt you down, find you, put you in the YES! lock, and then autopick at random one of the eight highest-remaining wrestlers on my draft board. The draft will be SIX ROUNDS. I'll PM you when its your turn- or ILMH will.

Rosters. Team size will be five active wrestlers (and one inactive, see below). Your active roster must conform to the following rules:

• 2 wrestlers or divas on the Raw roster;
  • 2 wrestlers or divas on the Smackdown! roster;
  • 1 'free' slot who may be filled by anyone.

Inactive/Bench. All teams will have one inactive wrestler. This wrestler will be drafted and may remain inactive at the discretion of the owner (even if they are active in WWE). By default, the last drafted wrestler will begin as inactive (except when that would create unnecessary roster imbalance). Players may activate and inactivate wrestlers with each week's transactions.

Scoring.

RAW ,SD!
Match Win: 3 points
Match Loss/NC: 2 points
Pin or Submission: 1 point
Main Event: 1 point
Non-Match Appearance/Promo: 1 point*

PPV
Match Win: 5 points
Match Loss/NC: 3 points
Pin or Submission: 1 point
Main Event: 2 point
Non-Match Appearance/Promo: 2 points*

Other:
Win or Retain World Title: 2 points
Win or Retain other Title: 1 point

Non-Match Appearances. The term "non-match appearance" refers to promos, beatdowns, run-ins, backstage interviews, guest commentary. A wrestler can be credited with at most 1 non-match appearance per segment. NEW: A wrestler who participates in a match may only receive a non-match appearance for a speaking role during that segment.

The term Non-Match Appearance does NOT apply to ring announcing, video packages, walking to the ring, commercials, and most anything else. I have final say on what counts. Don't be a dick rule is in effect.

Add/Drop. You always have the ability to add or drop wrestlers each week (once the league starts). All transactions take place at 10 AM Monday. If two people add the same wrestler, the queue will be the inverse order of the standings from the weekly standings. Once someone adds a wrestler, they move to the bottom of the queue.

Trades. Trades are legal. Collusion is illegal and the commissioner's office reserves the right to reject all trades.

Season Length. Season begins July 16 after Money in the Bank. Season ends November 18 at Survivor Series.
Michael Cole wrote: The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! The Octopus! Tap out! Tap out! Tap out! Go to sleep! Do whatever you do! AJ WINS!"
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:52 am

I don't think there is any doubt that I am in.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:04 am

I'm Marianoing this season. I'd stop but I don't want to lose like this so I'm in.

Can we make sure the rule changes go into effect this time? Like the whole resetting after a pay-per-view happening the week after, not an hour before thing and all that.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:08 am

SHADE 45 wrote:I'm Marianoing this season. I'd stop but I don't want to lose like this so I'm in.

Can we make sure the rule changes go into effect this time? Like the whole resetting after a pay-per-view happening the week after, not an hour before thing and all that.

What do you mean- an hour before?
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:22 pm

You know I'm in.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I do, I do.
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm

dcbandicoot wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:I'm Marianoing this season. I'd stop but I don't want to lose like this so I'm in.

What do you mean- an hour before?

An hour after I mean. I thought we talked about this with resetting after a pay-per-view a week later.

EX. No Way Out's on June 20th, transaction ladder resets FOR June 27th and not ON June 20th.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:36 pm

Why WOULDN'T you reset the ladder immediately following the ppv and before the next Raw? The ppv essentially dictates the future programs and the future plans for guys. Giving an extra week of that potentially allows top guys exploit what happened and maintain preferred queue spot to transact and make the lower ranked guys even more fucked?

I.E
Shot is in first, but hasn't transacted in 4 weeks. Therein he's also first in queue.
Then Primo shows up and wins MitB and both world titles on ppv
Shot, because the queue hasn't reset yet, drops Chris Jericho and adds Primo, and therein just cushions his lead.

Pull your head out, resetting the queue a week later is not intelligent or logical in any way.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 am

ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:Why WOULDN'T you reset the ladder immediately following the ppv and before the next Raw? The ppv essentially dictates the future programs and the future plans for guys. Giving an extra week of that potentially allows top guys exploit what happened and maintain preferred queue spot to transact and make the lower ranked guys even more fucked?

I.E
Shot is in first, but hasn't transacted in 4 weeks. Therein he's also first in queue.
Then Primo shows up and wins MitB and both world titles on ppv
Shot, because the queue hasn't reset yet, drops Chris Jericho and adds Primo, and therein just cushions his lead.

Pull your head out, resetting the queue a week later is not intelligent or logical in any way.

If anything, I say get rid of the reset then. Considering how short these seasons are, resetting them this often pretty much only gives someone higher up 2-3 weeks to make a transaction and they'll probably never get what they want after a pay-per-view. Then what's the point of waiting? I haven't make one in a while, but if there's a pay-per-view, you may be making transactions every week AND you get ahead of me. I get the score thing, but resetting IMMEDIATELY following a pay-per-view, especially when you don't know exact scores just seems off to me.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 am

Bump.
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Oh I almost forgot about this, will the YouTube Pre-Show for the pay-per-views start counting towards scoring next season?
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 am

I'm trying to see if I can get some people to sign up over here just for this.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:38 am

Just make ***Shot sign up
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 am

I just got two people to join that are from my hip-hop forum that play in our Fantasy Wrestling league over there.
ArJay

PostPosted by XfreehueyX » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 am

And I am one of those two.
XfreehueyX

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:18 am

XfreehueyX wrote:And I am one of those two.

Welcome and enjoy.
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 am

Did y'all do an IP check? haha. The other guy, btw, is waiting on an admin to approve his account.
ArJay

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 am

ArJay wrote:Did y'all do an IP check? haha. The other guy, btw, is waiting on an admin to approve his account.

Wait, what? We approve accounts now?
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by Longshot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 am

dcbandicoot wrote:
ArJay wrote:Did y'all do an IP check? haha. The other guy, btw, is waiting on an admin to approve his account.

Wait, what? We approve accounts now?

Um no? Maybe he is waiting for the confirmation email or something?
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:32 am

Didn't we have that set in place to stop the spammers? Cause if not then he's having a few issues signing up...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'user_arcade_permissions' doesn't have a default value [1364]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

That's the message he keeps getting.
ArJay

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 am

ArJay wrote:Didn't we have that set in place to stop the spammers? Cause if not then he's having a few issues signing up...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'user_arcade_permissions' doesn't have a default value [1364]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

That's the message he keeps getting.

I have no clue... sounds plausible.
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 am

Any ideas of what he can do to fix it? He really wants to play.
ArJay

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 am

Probably wants to take down the MOST DOMINANT CHAMPION IN AFW HISTORY. I understand.

What browser is he using? I know that, at least at my job, some sites are incompatible with some browsers. Namely anything below IE8, or Netscape Navigator. (It still exists, trust me.)

Until next time, this is THE MOST DOMINANT CHAMPION IN AFW HISTORY signing out.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 am

ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:Probably wants to take down the MOST DOMINANT CHAMPION IN AFW HISTORY. I understand.

What browser is he using? I know that, at least at my job, some sites are incompatible with some browsers. Namely anything below IE8, or Netscape Navigator. (It still exists, trust me.)

Until next time, this is THE MOST DOMINANT CHAMPION IN AFW HISTORY signing out.

I won Season 1, 2nd place in season 2, and would have won season 3 if it didn't get canned so I'm fairly certain that you are looking at the conjugation of the personification of the domination station
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 am

Well, we'll see in season 5. Until then, I have the longest running 10+ point show running total, and the highest single scoring show ever. EVER. But hey, congrats on your victory, your second place and your make believe win.

Season five is going to result in a lot of hate between me and Shade, it'll be fun.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 am

You kidding me? I'm still pissed you got Ryback/that I didn't give you Lord Hentai for him
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 pm

He's using Firefox.
ArJay

PostPosted by dcbandicoot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:23 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:You kidding me? I'm still pissed you got Ryback/that I didn't give you Lord Hentai for him

I can tell you from MSN discussions that ILMH would not have taken that trade...

Also, just because you had a big lead at the beginning of S3 doesn't mean that it would have held up. Remember S2?

Before:

After:

Edit: I miss having 3 full divisions.
dcbandicoot

PostPosted by ArJay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 pm

ArJay wrote:He's using Firefox.

Apparently he tried IE and Chrome and got the same results.
ArJay

Next

Return to AFW - Armbar Fantasy Wrestling