Destination X 2012

Believe that Dixie Carter is a real person? This is the place for you, brother!

Destination X 2012

PostPosted by Astroblack » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 am

Just saw it with my friend, Gangone, who btw is now in training for Pro Wrestling, and it was really good. Didn't see all of it but AJ-Daniels was good. Joe - Angle was great. The Ultimate X match was really fun and went second to the main event with four guys that had never won the belt. The main event was great. Aries beat Roods CLEAN!!! was really proud of Aries. Think I'll be checking out impact on Thursday. anyone else catch it? I suggest you do.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

Re: Destination X 2012

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 am

I saw it!

TNA just ended their longest running championship reign ever on a secondary ppv with an angle that has been going for about a month.

So now James Storm/Robert Roode, the angle they’ve been booking and building for the last YEAR, loses a shit ton of it’s value. I will say huzzah for Aries holding the belt, but the amount of story and build to this was minimal and wasted a lot of work that TNA had put into it’s championship.

The match itself was good, but I don't get the booking. Aries was rushed into the world title because of how over he is. But his overness is primarily in Orlando... elsewhere his pop is like 70 percent of what it is.

Rest of the ppv was very blah. Ultimate X had Zema Ion being the new X champ in a match with not that many spots at all. AJ/Daniels felt forced and these two have feuded so much that I just don't care anymore. Joe/Angle was very good, but could have been great.

Rest of the card was rushed and didn't leave any impact on me.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Astroblack » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:28 am

I thought the Roode-Storm program had been dragging for a while so this will freshen things up a bit.

Can't really speak on the guy's overness but this was the first TNA I had seen in months and it was pretty awesome. Isn't TNA always in Orlando anyway?

Liked Zema winning. He's a good guy. The promo he cut at the end was well worked too. He should have included the loser smarks in the front row screaming "transitional" for added effect but it was fine with me.

Overall I was very pleased. Everything went over pretty clean as well.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 am

I forgot this was even on tonight. I got drunk with my brother instead. Read the recap and it seemed like a good show.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 am

ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:I saw it!

TNA just ended their longest running championship reign ever on a secondary ppv with an angle that has been going for about a month.

So now James Storm/Robert Roode, the angle they’ve been booking and building for the last YEAR, loses a shit ton of it’s value. I will say huzzah for Aries holding the belt, but the amount of story and build to this was minimal and wasted a lot of work that TNA had put into it’s championship.

The match itself was good, but I don't get the booking. Aries was rushed into the world title because of how over he is. But his overness is primarily in Orlando... elsewhere his pop is like 70 percent of what it is.

Rest of the ppv was very blah. Ultimate X had Zema Ion being the new X champ in a match with not that many spots at all. AJ/Daniels felt forced and these two have feuded so much that I just don't care anymore. Joe/Angle was very good, but could have been great.

Rest of the card was rushed and didn't leave any impact on me.

It's called being booked into a corner. For a show that's supposed to highlight the non existent X-division, if Aries loses, they all look like shit.
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Herco » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Great show, my jaw literally dropped when Aries won the title. I really thought Roode would hang onto the belt until Bound for glory to face James Storm. Probably, that is still going to happen if Roode wins a rematch at Hardcore Justice.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by XfreehueyX » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Holy shit, I'm going to have to check out this PPV. Seems like it was really good.

Does anyone happen to have a link to just the main event?
XfreehueyX

PostPosted by XfreehueyX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 am

Never mind the link.

Watched the main event, I really enjoyed the match. One of my favorite matches of the year. I haven't watched TNA in the longest time, nor seem Aries wrestle in a while. He was always one of my favorites when I watched RoH (Prlly doesn't hurt that he lived in my hometown for a while, and my town is small enough that he will prlly be the closest thing I have to a hometown hero haha) but it made me laugh that he still does that springboard headstand, you would think people would stop putting him in that move.

Really enjoyed it though, Roode is really impressive as well. He makes a good heel.

Watched Joe/Angle as well. Not bad, but not great either. I like what they did with going for the submissions a lot to get more points and playing up the BFG aspect of it. I haven't watched their first matches in a while but I feel like I remember those being better.

I'll have to watch the rest of it later. I know I'll be tuning into Impact though for the first time in ages this week.
XfreehueyX

Return to Impact Wrestling