WWE '13 Roster Revealed

Non-wrestling/MMA topics and chat are welcomed here.

WWE '13 Roster Revealed

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 am

Modern Superstars & Divas:
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
Epico
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
Jinder Mahal
John Cena
John Cena (Doctor of Thuganomics)
John Laurinaitis
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Primo
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
The Great Khali
The Miz
The Rock
The Undertaker
Triple H
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve
Kelly Kelly
Kharma
Nikki Bella
Lita

Attitude Era Superstars & Divas:
Big Bossman
Billy Gun
Bradshaw (Acolytes)
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
Cactus Jack
Chris Jericho (Y2J)
Christian (Edge & Christian)
Dude Love
Eddie Guerrero
Edge (Edge & Christian)
Faarooq (Acolytes)
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
"Iron" Mike Tyson
Kane
Ken Shamrock
Mankind
Mark Henry (Nation of Domination)
Mr. McMahon
Road Dogg Jesse James
Road Warior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels (DX)
Stone Cold Steve Austin
"The Big Show" Paul Wight
The Godfather
The Rock
The Undertaker
Triple H (DX)
Vader
X-Pac
Lita
Stephanie McMahon (The Billion Dollar Princess)
Trish Stratus

DLC Superstars & Divas:
Damien Sandow
AJ (RAW General Manager)

The game was said to have the largest roster ever, but the fact that it's due to so many superstars getting multiple versions of themselves takes away from it.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: WWE '13 Roster Revealed

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 am

Each alternative attire is a separate character model so making them their own character really doesn't change anything.

However THQ still caused a minor internet implosion with AJ only being DLC and not on disc, while the Bella Twins and Alicia Fox are on disc.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:54 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:Each alternative attire is a separate character model so making them their own character really doesn't change anything.

Actually, it makes things worse. That's a total of 15 spots wasted. They should have made them alternate attires and used those 15 spots for other wrestlers. Also, it's pretty dumb to have a Nation version of Mark Henry if you're not going to have Nation versions for Rock, Farooq, Godfather and not even include D'lo at all. The other Henry should have just been Sexual Chocolate if that was going to be the case. I said after WWE 12 I was done with the series and so far they have done nothing to change my mind. They've only just made it easier to pass on WWE 13 this year.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I mean, I guess the Rock's hair would be different. The Godfather would pretty much look exactly the same though. Nation Farooq... wouldn't that just mean when you hit a combination of buttons he cuts a promo about whipping the Rock's ass?
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Longshot wrote:The Godfather would pretty much look exactly the same though.

....not really.

ArJay

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Grrrr. So many wasted spots. I mean, with the 15 alternate personas/gimmicks, the roster is a scant 70 guys big. Only 70? Fuck this game and it's tiny roster.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:55 pm

ArJay wrote:
Longshot wrote:The Godfather would pretty much look exactly the same though.

....not really.

I think he's still Kama (sp?) in that picture. Regardless, the only difference between Nation Godfather and regular Godfather is the color scheme... and the only difference between Kama and Godfather is the fedora and hoes.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:02 pm

ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:Grrrr. So many wasted spots. I mean, with the 15 alternate personas/gimmicks, the roster is a scant 70 guys big. Only 70? Fuck this game and it's tiny roster.

Cool, I'm to glad to see you didn't break your sarcasm button. Too bad you're missing my point.

@Shot - Eh, I still think there's enough of a difference. It isn't much, sure. But what I'm saying is if we can get a current HHH, a DX HHH and a Hunter Hearst Helmsley then we can get some Nation versions of Rock, Farooq & Godfather.
ArJay

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm

ArJay wrote:
ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:Grrrr. So many wasted spots. I mean, with the 15 alternate personas/gimmicks, the roster is a scant 70 guys big. Only 70? Fuck this game and it's tiny roster.

Cool, I'm to glad to see you didn't break your sarcasm button. Too bad you're missing my point.

No, I get your point. But the roster isn't getting credit for what's IN it, it's getting shit for what's NOT in it. It's like saying, "They have the Nation of Domination, but not the Disciples of Apocalypse?"

If anything, I'm surprised RTC isn't in it.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I mean, I'm certainly not trying to discredit the roster for what it is. I just think the bad taste left in my mouth by WWE 12 has put in me in a "Fuck WWE 13" mode before I even see anything about it.
ArJay

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 pm

ArJay wrote:

@Shot - Eh, I still think there's enough of a difference. It isn't much, sure. But what I'm saying is if we can get a current HHH, a DX HHH and a Hunter Hearst Helmsley then we can get some Nation versions of Rock, Farooq & Godfather.

Good point. Though it does stand to reason that HHH would get about a million different versions whereas The Godfather is surprisingly in the game at all.

I haven't bought a WWE game since the N64 days, so this will be no different for me.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Longshot wrote:
ArJay wrote:

Good point. Though it does stand to reason that HHH would get about a million different versions whereas The Godfather is surprisingly in the game at all.

Well yeah. I think that goes without saying. I still wish D'lo was in it though. :(
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:54 pm

ArJay wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:Each alternative attire is a separate character model so making them their own character really doesn't change anything.

Actually, it makes things worse. That's a total of 15 spots wasted. They should have made them alternate attires and used those 15 spots for other wrestlers. Also, it's pretty dumb to have a Nation version of Mark Henry if you're not going to have Nation versions for Rock, Farooq, Godfather and not even include D'lo at all. The other Henry should have just been Sexual Chocolate if that was going to be the case. I said after WWE 12 I was done with the series and so far they have done nothing to change my mind. They've only just made it easier to pass on WWE 13 this year.

You completely missed my point.

They're SEPARATE MODELS. There's only a certain amount they can fit in the game. That means either take away separate attires for a lot of people (which haven't been revealed yet) to add new characters.

These separate spots aren't wasted because otherwise, they wouldn't exist.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

No, I think you've missed my point. I know they're separate models, no need to yell. You might want to go back and read everything that was said though. I'm upset, because as attires they would take up far less space and that would mean, you'd guess it, more room for wrestlers not already included. (Like D'lo for example.) They don't have to be spot on. Attires are just fine.

Also, you contradicted yourself. There's only a certain amount that can fit on the disc, so you mean to tell me if the separate spots (Alternate versions) didn't exist that space would remain empty? Come on son, use your brain.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 pm

ArJay wrote:No, I think you've missed my point. I know they're separate models, no need to yell. You might want to go back and read everything that was said though. I'm upset, because as attires they would take up far less space and that would mean, you'd guess it, more room for wrestlers not already included. (Like D'lo for example.) They don't have to be spot on. Attires are just fine.

Also, you contradicted yourself. There's only a certain amount that can fit on the disc, so you mean to tell me if the separate spots (Alternate versions) didn't exist that space would remain empty? Come on son, use your brain.

I meant if the separate characters were just alternate attires, there'd be only 70 characters but some guys with a lot of alternate attires.

There's also time constraints. Sometimes it's easier to work on a duplicate than it is to work on a brand new model. Not to mention guys like D'Lo, Angle, and Al Snow are in TNA so they won't be in the game anyway. There's still DLC to come and all that too.

Certain people aren't needed (like a second Lita), but I doubt there'd have really been many more characters if they got rid of the duplicates.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm

RVD was in TNA when he appeared in WWE....11 I think it was? Also, D'lo isn't an on-screen character so something could have been worked out.

But yeah, you've basically proven my point. The whole time constraint thing amounts to laziness. They could, they just don't want to.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:00 pm

ArJay wrote:RVD was in TNA when he appeared in WWE....11 I think it was? Also, D'lo isn't an on-screen character so something could have been worked out.

But yeah, you've basically proven my point. The whole time constraint thing amounts to laziness. They could, they just don't want to.

RVD was signed to SVR11 before signing to TNA and he was too integral of a part to the story mode to take him out.

I've been told it takes 100 days to make a brand new model from scratch. You have to figure there's only a certain amount of modelers they have and creating a whole bunch of new guys could take too much time. I want different guys in the game too, but they have this for reasons such as having the same character face each other and because people have wanted a lot of alternate attires for years now.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:14 pm

How about we all just shut up and play some No Mercy.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:they have this for reasons such as having the same character face each other and because people have wanted a lot of alternate attires for years now.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply there? If what you mean is that they did this so you can say, have Kane V. Kane, that isn't true. There's been multiple models of the same person in previous games but they restricted them from being in the same match together. I imagine this year will be the same. Either way, that certainly isn't the reason they're having them as separate models since they won't allow that to happen like they didn't before. If that's not what you mean then I have no clue what you're getting at.
Secondly, we have been getting a decent amount of alternate attires as of late, but as you said, these aren't attires, they are separate models. There is no valid reason to have it this way, no matter how you try and spin it.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 pm

You can do Attitude Henry vs. Current Henry and such. You couldn't do that if they were all alternate attires.

I'd also like to point out that for example, Miz in a t-shirt is a separate model from Miz with no t-shirt. It just takes less time to do that. All entrance attires are separate models as well.

ILOVEMATTHARDY wrote:How about we all just shut up and play some No Mercy.

I actually played a little WrestleMania 2000 after watching NewLegacyInc stuff a bit ago. I transformed Prince Albert into Lord Tensai. Then I cloned Lord Tensai and made him Lord Hentai complete with Val Venis theme, titantron, some provocative moves, and a mix of sexual taunts like Mr. Ass's mooning, Val Venis's fake flapping arm penis, and the Blue Meanie's dancing.

I was doing a tournament in that game and the finals were me as The Godfather vs. Lord Hentai as the computer. I was about to win when all of a sudden Droz's music played and who interferes? Lord Tensai came out to help Lord Hentai. I let Lord Hentai win after that.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:You can do Attitude Henry vs. Current Henry and such. You couldn't do that if they were all alternate attires.

Show me where it's stated that you can do that. You couldn't in previous games so I'd imagine you can't in this one either.
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

ArJay wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:You can do Attitude Henry vs. Current Henry and such. You couldn't do that if they were all alternate attires.

Show me where it's stated that you can do that. You couldn't in previous games so I'd imagine you can't in this one either.

Cory Ledesma said so himself in a video interview
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 am

Link?
ArJay

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6AGJzzvwAE&t=7m13s

7:13 in, link takes you directly to that
SHADE 45

PostPosted by ArJay » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Thank you, sir. That's interesting though. I wonder why they wouldn't allow it in previous games then?
ArJay

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:17 pm

ArJay wrote:Thank you, sir. That's interesting though. I wonder why they wouldn't allow it in previous games then?

Because the world wasn't ready for John Cena vs. John Cena. I don't know what makes them think it's ready now.

It frightens me. To no end.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by 2G CrayZ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 pm

ArJay wrote: I said after WWE 12 I was done with the series and so far they have done nothing to change my mind. They've only just made it easier to pass on WWE 13 this year.

This. I picked up WWE 12 on the cheap not long ago and what a piece of shit it was. :x
2G CrayZ
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Curry Man, RVD, Jon Jones, GSP, Rampage.
Favorite Show: UFC, Ultimate Fighter

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Day of Reckoning is still my personal favorite of the WWE games

No Mercy, HCTP, SVR06, and SVR07 were all good too and I played the hell out of them, but I really miss the DOR engine
SHADE 45

PostPosted by epicdaniel » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 am

I still play Day of Reckoning. HBK in that game is my personal fave.

I don't like what they've done with this whole multiple versions thingy. But I'm sure I'll get this for christmas and who knows, maybe if I'm lucky, my mom won't completely put that money to waste.
epicdaniel

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: John Cena

Return to Forum of 1,004 holds