Raw Discussion 2013

Enter the world of McMahon.

Raw Discussion 2013

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:30 pm

So lately the Raw discussions have been pretty light on the posts so I am just going to make it a mega thread for the rest of the year. If it picks back up we can obviously make individual threads and everything, but I still wanted there to be a thread to post reactions in.

On tap for the tonight?

HHH is supposed to address his match with Lesnar and his future as a performer in the WWE.
More Cena/Punk action
Fall out from Punk leveling Lawler last week

Plenty more where that came from WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Raw Discussion 2012

PostPosted by Herco » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

I don't know why the forum is pretty unactive as of late, I speak for myself by saying WWE is pretty boring these days. I'm much more into TNA lately.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 am

Santino/Slater. MotY. Awesome.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:38 am

Hahahahahahah. Kane-ger management is fucking hilarious.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Herco » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:00 am

Why is Jerry Lawler wrestling the champion in 2012?
Herco

PostPosted by Astroblack » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 am

Saw the first hour of Raw. Punk is really good on his promos. Jerry Lawler is annoying. He avoided the question and proved Punk's point. Dunno why they're wrestling each other in 2012. I was fine with Lawler's last hurrah against The Miz a year or so ago. But getting involved with Punk is pointless.

Santino match sucked.

Bryan anger management skits were corny and unfunny.

Swagger botched twice in a two minute match. Ryback isn't very athletic. A very slow worker. Like his theme song though.

Lost interest in the Cena match. He won. What a surprise.

Those are my thoughts.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 am

Herco wrote:Why is Jerry Lawler wrestling the champion in 2012?

To get people to boo the bad guy considering some people in the WWE audience seem to be just as stupid as those ROH fans who wouldn't boo Kevin Steen
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I actually was surprised to find myself enjoying the Daniel Bryan anger management skits. The Kane one was the best one.

I liked Sandow and Cody being paired, I thought they were entertaining together. A MENSA stable would be pretty funny I think. Dunno who else they could put in there. Their match was short and bordering on pointless. It seemed like it was just for the promo and maybe the faces to pick up wins. They could give the matches an extra minute or two and cut to commercial during the kiddie dance segment. I don't want to see kids stagger around in the ring.

Miz/Cena would have been a really good match if it went another five minutes and got some more offense for Miz, but it was okay for what it was.

Punk sold Lawler's moves like every single one of them was delivered from the barrel of a gun. I don't see why. Why bother keeping Jerry Lawler looking strong? Beating him isn't about putting someone over, it's about getting heat. Also, Punk didn't get any heat because fans enjoy it when he runs people down. It's what got him over as a face to begin with.

I don't think the fans are stupid for not booing Punk. You can't tell the crowd how they're supposed to feel about a wrestler and expect them to listen to you. John Cena and CM Punk are both clear illustrations of that. People will cheer for who they want to.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:39 pm

No I mean they're too stupid to realize he's a heel
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:No I mean they're too stupid to realize he's a heel

I don't think so. I think they realize he's being an asshole, they just think it is entertaining. The promo he cut on Lawler was great.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Astroblack » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:27 am

So when you go to a live show you boo the heals and cheer the faces? Even the guys you like you boo if they're heals?
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 am

Astroblack wrote:

So when you go to a live show you boo the heals and cheer the faces? Even the guys you like you boo if they're heals?

Heel*

I fall under the philosophy of you don't "root" for the bad guy. That means even if you enjoy his work and are entertained by him, you don't actively "root" for him to win. Now when I'm at shows, I'm more on the quiet side and just sit back and enjoy the show and don't get involved in the chanting and stuff. However, my original point was to say that CM Punk is doing heel things, but some people in the audience are too stupid to realize that he's doing heel things and are taking it as if he's a good guy, which is absolutely ridiculous at this point.
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Longshot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:17 am

SHADE 45 wrote:
Astroblack wrote:

Heel*

I fall under the philosophy of you don't "root" for the bad guy. That means even if you enjoy his work and are entertained by him, you don't actively "root" for him to win. Now when I'm at shows, I'm more on the quiet side and just sit back and enjoy the show and don't get involved in the chanting and stuff. However, my original point was to say that CM Punk is doing heel things, but some people in the audience are too stupid to realize that he's doing heel things and are taking it as if he's a good guy, which is absolutely ridiculous at this point.

I see your point, but the crowd is ultimately going to decide who they allow to turn heel or face. The Rock and Austin both continued doing heelish things during their face runs because that was their character and the crowd still responded the same way regardless. They found ways to get their heat, but when a character is over to a certain point, they need to continue reminding the fans that they're the bad guy.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Herco » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 pm

CM Punk ain't getting booed, kinda like Austin Aries in that the type of character is face-ish but they tend to do heelish things too. Most male over the age of 16 will find it more entertaining if the guy is a badass rather than a John Cena.
Herco

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:02 am

09/03/12:
This hugging it out bullshit is so retarded.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:08 am

Why is CM Punk with Paul Heyman?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 am

bountyhunter wrote:Why is CM Punk with Paul Heyman?

Because he's a Paul Heyman guy. Continuity!

Also, I enjoyed the hugging it out bit. It dragged a bit long but it was funny watching Daniel Bryan try not to lose his shit and start laughing.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:52 am

This Raw (09/17) has actually been VERY good.
-I've finally grown to like the Bryan/Kane team. These guys are fucking hilarious.
-Each match has been solid and gotten decent time.
-The anti Cena fans make me laugh. They're boo'ing a guy who is the face of the company, supports Make A Wish, is a Be A Star Ambassador, and comes out in gear to help fight breast cancer (a cooperative effort in which he's the head of). It's just funny.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 am

I'm on board with ILMH's comments.

I enjoyed most of the matches that took place tonight.

-The biggest dud tonight was MizTv and even that had Ryback throwing furniture. I said out loud, "If Ryback throws a couch, I will lose my shit" and he did and I started going ape shit for it... which is appropriate because he looked like Donkey Kong throwing barrels. Also, does Ryback have an actual feud now?
-Even the Subway bit was entertaining. BMTs are gross though.
-I like Mysterio/Cara as a team. I think they work well together.
-Eve/Beth was a dud too, but it can't be helped.
-Brodus/Heath sucked... but again it can't be helped
-Santino/Dolph was a quick match but highly entertaining. "It's just a sock you idiot!" Ziggler is gold.
-Gabriel/Barrett was a decent match that was given some time to showcase Wade's new offense. Not bad.
-How long was that tag title match? It got some decent time for sure and was well worth it. The match itself was good, no doubt about it, but the psychology and storyline really shined in it. DBry and Kane are the best thing going in WWE right now and that's really saying something because there is plenty going on in WWE right now that is worthwhile. I thought I was really going to hate the pairing of those two but they have made it work to the point where I always want more. WWE has been good about not overkilling it in the past few weeks.
-Tensai/Orton was a good match as well. Tensai was really working Orton's kidneys. I was thinking at one point, "Man I know Tensai isn't hitting him as hard as he can but Orton is going to be pissing blood tomorrow."
-Sandow is still awesome on the mic. Ryder... not as much, but hey! Match time! I liked what I saw out of Sandow and Ryder. Sandow needs a real feud and soon, but there just aren't really enough babyfaces on the roster for him to wrestle.
-The main event tag match was decent. I am starting to get tired of the non-clean finishes between these guys, but the action leading up to it is always good. Cena's eye was swollen. I don't know if it was from the night before or if that thumb to the eye actually connected.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Astroblack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 am

Thought the opening segment sucked. AJ annoys me and the whole Paul Heyman thing doesn't interest me. Punk doesn't need Heyman

Ziggler - Kofi was excellent. Great match.

Great promo between Punk and Foley. To quote Walter Starbuck - "Strong stuff"

Anyone else watching?
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 am

Ryback just squashed Miz. Holy crap.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Astroblack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 am

The best part of that match was the ring invader. Ryback was like wtfZ?
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:39 am

I'd of laughed if they let him in and take a Ryback clothesline.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

PostPosted by Astroblack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 am

This third hour of Raw is killing me. I've had enough now. The show isn't bad itself. Tonight's been fine so far its just way too much.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 am

I missed the first 10 minutes due to me falling asleep for 15 minutes, then I pulled a muscle in my right butt cheek when I got up quickly to change the channel
SHADE 45

PostPosted by Astroblack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 am

Thats amazing, Shade. Truly amazing...

This Kane - Daniel Bryan shit is corny as fuck.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 am

That was a more corny Kane/Daniel Bryan set of segments than normal, but it still had its moments... all of which occurred in the first segment they did.

I liked what they did with Punk tonight. He really was in full heel mode and it seemed like the crowd was reacting to that. I disagree with the statement that Punk doesn't need Heyman, but only to an extent. Punk doesn't need a mouthpiece (which is a point that Foley actually made during his promo) but just an association with Heyman and how much heat Heyman draws is enough to make it worthwhile. Also, I liked Heyman doing his best Don King imitation with the belt during the Cena promo. Also, Punk's promo on AJ was fucking brutal. It was more PG13 than WWE has been getting in recent years without using any profanity at all. Good stuff.

Ziggler/Kofi was an awesome tv match. It got a bit of time, had some solid spots. Everything I could ask for from a match on Raw.

Santino and Ryder vs the PTP was more about building the Prime Time Players than anything else and it accomplished that task.

Miz/Ryback was what it was. Ryback is getting built strong and fast. I am not really on board with his deal if he doesn't throw a couch every week.

Wade/Kidd was okay for a squash. I would really like them to let Tyson Kidd wrestle because he's a really solid wrestler and has shown it in the sparse outings he has been granted.

Sheamus, Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio v. Alberto Del Rio, David Otunga & Ricardo Roderiguez was about what you'd expect. You already know who won just from who was in the match. It was just to keep the faces looking strong. Mysterio/Cara are still in the tag team mix apparently.

Sandow and Rhodes being called the Rhodes Scholars as a tag team is awesome. That's overwhelmingly better than my Mensa thing without being too far from it. Well done.

Alicia Fox & Layla v. Divas Champion Eve Torres & Beth Phoenix was shit. The end with Eve attacking Beth after Kaitlynn's bit was shit too.

Tensai/Brodus could have been interesting. Show delivered two of the most uninspired WMDs I have ever seen from him. Toss this entire segment in the trash and take it to the dumpster.

Cena's promo was actually pretty boring to me. I'm a big Cena fan, but I was pretty over the promo pretty quickly. Punk's promo was really good and the post-promo stuff was okay. Not sure how Ryback fits into the mix though.

What I took away from tonight? Punk is the top heel and is really going over the top to get heat. He wants you to hate him and is going to find ways to make you hate him. It's pretty awesome. Also, for this week at least, tag team wrestling is a thing again. There are tag teams popping up everywhere. Hell, JR even gave a rationale for why they are popping up all over the place! He essentially said that any two guys who think they can work together will beat the champions who have proven they cannot. I'm excited for tag wrestling again.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Herco » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:34 am

Watching Raw tonight. Bryan and Kane are entertaining.

Might as well call this show 'Raw is squash match'.
Herco

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:56 am

Herco wrote:Watching Raw tonight. Bryan and Kane are entertaining.

Might as well call this show 'Raw is squash match'.

There were a couple squashes. I was impressed that Cesaro could get Brodus up for the Neutralizer. That was cool. Ryback clearly couldn't hit Tensai with his finisher. Botched it twice from the looks of things and they just went to a clothesline to end it. Miz/Ryder was a dud. Not sure what they were going for. Eve/Beth was the same.

Santino and Slater was good for what it was which was merely to show the alignment of Slater, Drewsky, and Jinder. That's fine. I didn't realize Slater would be the leader, but alright.

Sheamus/Sandow was decent. It got plenty of time and had some cool spots, namely Sheamus skinning the cat on the turnbuckles into the battering ram. That was impressive.

Mysterio/Cara vs The Colons was good for an elongated squash. It accomplished what it needed to. Also, Sin Cara and Rey's mashup outfits were kind of cool

The JR/Punk thing was good for getting Punk some heat. This was way more effective than the segment he had with King from a month ago. The only problem is that whenever they have a JR Appreciation segment, you know he will be humiliated. I still am not sure where they are going with the Punk/Ryback stare downs, but I am reserving judgement until later.

The main event was average. I guess at least it was a match. Kane/Bryan are entertaining to me. Punk and Ziggler are good. This match just didn't seem to click though. I dunno.

There was too much AJ on Raw. I don't need to see her in 8-10 segments every week. When TNA did that with Bischoff I complained then and they're doing it with AJ and I am complaining now. It's redundant and unnecessary. Also, in any real job, if someone was assigned an overseer to monitor your work and you threw them out, you'd be terminated immediately. Just saying. Sure, AJ is hot, but I don't think she adds anything to the show at all besides being another pretty face.

ADR/Kofi was fun but fast. ADR needed a win, so that happened.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Astroblack » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:10 pm

I also felt the main event didn't click. The fans seemed dead for it which may have contributed to the match falling flat. And that might have to do with the three hour thing. I know I complain about this a lot but the show goes on for far too long.

Punk again was fantastic. The promo with JR was another home run. He plays this psychopath heal so well. He needs to keep the title. He's doing wonders for it. It always more fun when the face chases the heel, anyway. The longer Punk holds the title, the longer his ego grows and the more he wants to be called the best in the world. All this means great segments like the one with JR, Mick Foley and Bret Hart.

Big complaint about Raw is AJ. I really don't like her. Not a good personality to be the GM of Raw. All her interactions with anyone come off awkward. What do you guys think?
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

Next

Return to WWE