Possible Celebrities for Mania 29

Enter the world of McMahon.

Possible Celebrities for Mania 29

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 pm

- WWE is currently talking with Charlie Sheen about being involved in some type of non-wrestling role for WrestleMania 29. Sheen was rumored for a Summerslam appearance this year, but they never got a deal done. WWE is looking to work with Sheen and possibly have him start appearing on WWE television in a few months to being a build to WrestleMania.

WWE is also looking to work with Alana Thompson, the star of the popular TV show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

Credit: Pwinsider.com via wrestlezone.com

Sheen... whatever. Way to be like two years late on pop culture relevance WWE.

Now, the real reason I posted this, Alana Thompson aka Honey Boo Boo. If you've never heard of her, good job. She is this little monster beauty pageant from Toddlers in Tiaras from Georgia. I don't know what they could possibly do with her, but I am in favor of them feuding her against Damien Sandow. The feud would end (preferably) with him eviscerating her, but I am open to other methods as well.

PS - Nightmare Fuel

Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Possible Celebrities for Mania 29

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 am

FUCK. THAT. SHIT!

Seriously, WWE doesn't have a clue do they? As Shot said with Sheen, it's well past the point where Sheen is relevant. And just from reading Honey Boo Boo's wiki page, I already can tell that it is trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator. I highly doubt most of WWE's target audience knows or even cares who Sheen & Boo Boo are, and bringing them in isn't going to pop a buyrate, because Wrestlemania sells itself. And since Mania clearly doesn't need them to be successful, the only thing that bringing them in will accomplish is alienating the older fans who still stand by the product.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:19 pm

LegendKillerRAB wrote:FUCK. THAT. SHIT!

Seriously, WWE doesn't have a clue do they? As Shot said with Sheen, it's well past the point where Sheen is relevant. And just from reading Honey Boo Boo's wiki page, I already can tell that it is trash that appeals to the lowest common denominator. I highly doubt most of WWE's target audience knows or even cares who Sheen & Boo Boo are, and bringing them in isn't going to pop a buyrate, because Wrestlemania sells itself. And since Mania clearly doesn't need them to be successful, the only thing that bringing them in will accomplish is alienating the older fans who still stand by the product.

I don't think that bringing in celebrities who don't compete has ever been about the buy rate as much as it is about getting as much cheap publicity as possible. These are two celebrities that talk shows and entertainment shows love to talk about and if both of them are doing something out of the ordinary, like attending Wrestlemania, then it will certainly be mentioned. While Mania does "sell itself" that doesn't mean it doesn't need to be advertised in order to get to a million buys. The last Wrestlemania was supposedly the most bought WWE PPV of all time, but it was almost certainly the most heavily advertised PPV of all time as well. WWE has made a business of topping it's own records and it is going to do whatever it can to do so again.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Herco » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:12 pm

I always hated when they bring non-wrestlers to do performances or angles on a wrestling PPV. Unless it's a real star that everyone knows, it doesn't make much sense. It doesn't work if 1% of the crowd knows the celebrity. It seems to me like a desperate cry for attention from the media.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Herco wrote:I always hated when they bring non-wrestlers to do performances or angles on a wrestling PPV. Unless it's a real star that everyone knows, it doesn't make much sense. It doesn't work if 1% of the crowd knows the celebrity. It seems to me like a desperate cry for attention from the media.

On angles and performances I agree, but seriously, Cyndi Lauper worked an angle against Piper and she was more or less a one hit wonder. Hell, she was on Raw relatively recently.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to WWE