Hell In A Cell 2012 Discussion

Enter the world of McMahon.

Hell In A Cell 2012 Discussion

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Courtesy of Shade45 wrote:WWE Championship Hell In A Cell Match - CM Punk © vs. Ryback
World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus © vs. The Big Show
Tag Team Championship - Kane & Daniel Bryan © vs. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow
Intercontinental Championship - Kofi Kingston © vs. The Miz
Divas Championship - Eve © vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio

On paper, this looks like a really solid card to me. I expect we will get a Cesaro match somewhere in the mix as well. I thought they would announce Cesaro/Gabriel for the US Title, but I don't know that it ever came about.

WWE Championship Hell In A Cell Match - CM Punk © vs. Ryback

I have really high expectations for this match. I don't know why because I have seen nothing to make me think Ryback can pull off a main event level match, but I am sure Punk will guide him through it. The worst thing that could happen here is Punk getting concussed early in the match and Ryback having to take control. The storyline of this match is really a heavy selling point because I honestly am not sure how this one will go down. I can seriously see it ending so many different ways and all of them would make sense to me.

World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus © vs. The Big Show

I have no expectations for this match at all. I don't think it is going to be worth my time. Obviously, I hope I am wrong, but this feud just doesn't do anything for me. Speaking of things that do nothing for me, The WMD is the worst move in the WWE right now, bar none. Most of the time Show throws it like a fucking jab and I am supposed to believe that would knock out some of the bigger guys on the roster. I don't buy it and I am tired of seeing it. A monster heel, like Show, doesn't need a KO move. He has overpowering strength, he would just crush people. I'm not really a Show fan either way, but I am just especially irked by his pitiful KO punch.

Tag Team Championship - Kane & Daniel Bryan © vs. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow

I love both these teams. I think these four men are among the best things going in WWE right now. I don't know that this match will be anything spectacular and I don't even really know who I want to see win, but I am looking forward to this match which should have some solid entertainment value.

Intercontinental Championship - Kofi Kingston © vs. The Miz

I've seen this match before and it is usually acceptable. I can't imagine this will be any different.

Divas Championship - Eve © vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn

It's a Divas match. Next.

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio

I like this feud. I feel like I shouldn't, but I really do. The match will be neither the best or worst of the night, but I am interested in seeing where this goes.

Overall, I am really looking forward to this PPV and I am actually going to buy this one.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Hell In A Cell 2012 Discussion

PostPosted by ILOVEMATTHARDY » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 am

Really solid ppv. Nothing shocking or drop your jaw awesome.... but every match delivered, and the finish of Punk/Ryback wasn't one of the 35 possibilities I considered. I liked this ppv alot.
ILOVEMATTHARDY

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Astroblack » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:08 am

Saw the entire thing. It was a decent time killer as the storms about to hit the east coast and there's nothing really else to do.

Orton - Del Rio was pretty good. Was never interested in the feud but it was a good match with a great finish.

Tag title match. I was so hyped for this and it was going fine till the BS finish. So disappointing.

Kofi -Miz was decent. Kinda boring. I don't care for either guy as they're both bland.

My stream was going in and out for the impromptu matches between Cesaro and Justin Gabriel, and also Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. the Prime Time Players.

Shaemus - Big Show. MATCH OF THE NIGHT!. Didn't care for it going in but these two put on a great contest. Excellent. So much intensity and we got a new champion. And you can see what it means to Big Show. Whatever the feud between Big Show and his challenger should be good, too. Always fun when the face chases the heel for the title.

Divas match I don't care for but it wasn't the worst match on the card.....

That was the main event. WTF finish was that? I was so pissed. That was some TNA shit. Total cop out. So much hype and then garbage ass match.

Big Show and Shaemus stole the show.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:15 am

Astroblack wrote:Orton - Del Rio was pretty good. Was never interested in the feud but it was a good match with a great finish.

I agree. There was one very clear botch toward the end, but the finish was so good that I didn't even mind it.

Astroblack wrote:Tag title match. I was so hyped for this and it was going fine till the BS finish. So disappointing.

It was a very good match except for the finish. I didn't hate the finish, but the BS finishes always keep an otherwise good match from achieving something more.

Astroblack wrote:Kofi -Miz was decent. Kinda boring. I don't care for either guy as they're both bland.

I thought it was a really good match with a lot of in ring psychology and some solid selling. I was impressed particularly with The Miz and Kofi was no slouch either.

Astroblack wrote:My stream was going in and out for the impromptu matches between Cesaro and Justin Gabriel, and also Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. the Prime Time Players.

Both matches were PPV quality in my opinion. I think the Prime Time Players need to do a little more to get and maintain heat throughout their matches, but they're really coming into their own as a tag team. Sin Cara spiked his own head into the ground off a standing Sliced Bread which was pretty gross.

Cesaro never ceases to entertain me. I really enjoy watching his matches.

Astroblack wrote:Shaemus - Big Show. MATCH OF THE NIGHT!. Didn't care for it going in but these two put on a great contest. Excellent. So much intensity and we got a new champion. And you can see what it means to Big Show. Whatever the feud between Big Show and his challenger should be good, too. Always fun when the face chases the heel for the title.

Agreed wholeheartedly. This was an incredible big man vs big man match. I didn't think these two would be able to put something like that together and they really went above and beyond on it. I liked Dolph not cashing in, but only because it felt like he would definitely cash in. I liked them giving the victory to Show and I really liked the promo he cut backstage afterward. Incredible match that everybody should check out. I was bitching about the WMD earlier in the evening but the one he delivered to finish the match was far more believable.

Astroblack wrote:Divas match I don't care for but it wasn't the worst match on the card.....

It was still the worst match, but it wasn't bad for a Divas match.

Astroblack wrote:That was the main event. WTF finish was that? I was so pissed. That was some TNA shit. Total cop out. So much hype and then garbage ass match.

I actually thought the match was going fine until the finish. It was some really questionable booking and I immediately did think "Man, am I watching TNA?" I thought for a minute they might throw Punk off the top of the cage and I was glad they didn't. I will grant WWE this, I didn't expect that finish. However, that was a retarded finish. The rest of the PPV was really solid so I am not that upset, but I don't know where this whole thing can go from here.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 am

The second I saw Brad Maddox as the ref I had a bad feeling that he'd get involved

I wish that instead of pinning, Punk tried to just run away and then they did the top of the cell stuff, with Ryback pinning him on top
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:The second I saw Brad Maddox as the ref I had a bad feeling that he'd get involved

I wish that instead of pinning, Punk tried to just run away and then they did the top of the cell stuff, with Ryback pinning him on top

I commented on him when I saw him out there, but I didn't think anything of it. I just thought it was weird that the new guy was doing the main event.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to WWE