Update on Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 29 Scenarios

Enter the world of McMahon.

Update on Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 29 Scenarios

PostPosted by Herco » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:06 am

Update on Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 29 Scenarios - CM Punk vs. The Rock
21 Nov 2012 / By Steve Carrier

With CM Punk retaining the WWE Championship at Survivor Series on Sunday, thereby likely solidifying his expected match with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble, the sports-entertainment organization's creative team has discussed a scenario where The Straight Edge Superstar would defeat The Great One at the annual January pay-per-view event. This would subsequently lead to Johnson facing John Cena in a re-match at WrestleMania XXIX, with Punk defending the title against The Undertaker.

Original creative plans called for Johnson to defeat Punk at the Rumble, leading to a match against Cena for the title—which could still occur. Creative has given thought to how Johnson winning the WWE Championship would impact the product since there would be no titles defenses at houses shows for over two months, and also add a new issue of whether he would defend the title at the February pay-per-view event, Elimination Chamber. Not awarding Johnson would rectify that problem.

Though the importance of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Champion has diminished in recent years, one of the primary reasons that creative has yet to unify the belts is because they feel a title match should close all house shows.

Not to mention how it would hurt your product to have a guy come back for one match and dethrone a year plus reigning champion.

Edit: Missed the U in Update at the thread title, my bad.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Update on Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 29 Scenarios

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 am

It's The Rock, I don't think most people give a shit about Punk's long title reign but they want to see The Rock
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:39 am

SHADE 45 wrote:It's The Rock, I don't think most people give a shit about Punk's long title reign but they want to see The Rock

While you are probably right, I don't care. I am more interested in Punk beating everyone until they actually make a program where he fights someone with a storyline that resonates with me. I haven't gotten much of that from the Cena and Ryback challenges.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by Herco » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 am

I just can't stop at poking fun at the fans who claim that WWE doesn't give a chance to the newer guys, yet they want The Rock to come back and win the WWE title.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 am

Herco wrote:I just can't stop at poking fun at the fans who claim that WWE doesn't give a chance to the newer guys, yet they want The Rock to come back and win the WWE title.

The "Push new stars" argument is a load of bullshit that smart fans made up as a legitimate excuse to complain about specific indie guys not getting pushed
SHADE 45

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am

SHADE 45 wrote:The "Push new stars" argument is a load of bullshit that smart fans made up as a legitimate excuse to complain about specific indie guys not getting pushed

Right, because no smark ever means Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Alex Riley, Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel when he/she says "push new stars." You can even add on people who are no longer with company, like John Morrison, to that list.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton

PostPosted by ArJay » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 pm

SHADE 45 wrote:It's The Rock, I don't think most people give a shit about Punk's long title reign but they want to see The Rock

Speak for yourself.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:58 pm

LegendKillerRAB wrote:
SHADE 45 wrote:The "Push new stars" argument is a load of bullshit that smart fans made up as a legitimate excuse to complain about specific indie guys not getting pushed

Right, because no smark ever means Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Alex Riley, Tyson Kidd or Justin Gabriel when he/she says "push new stars." You can even add on people who are no longer with company, like John Morrison, to that list.

How dare you leave out 3MB!? They're the best baybay!
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:10 am

LegendKillerRAB wrote:

Yeah and then when guys like Del Rio, Sheamus, and Ryback get pushed, they complain as well because other guys aren't getting pushed.

You can't say "Push new stars" and then complain because it's not who you want. That's why it's a farce
SHADE 45

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:14 am

SHADE 45 wrote:Yeah and then when guys like Del Rio, Sheamus, and Ryback get pushed, they complain as well because other guys aren't getting pushed.

You can't say "Push new stars" and then complain because it's not who you want. That's why it's a farce

My point was it's only a farce if the majority does it, and last I checked one person doesn't represent a majority. There are people who say push new stars, and like who gets pushed. Then there are those who may not like who got pushed, but they accept it. Then there are the ones you're talking about, who want the guys they like pushed and complain when someone else gets it.

To give you an example, I'm not a Del Rio, Sheamus, or Ryback fan, but I feel that at least Del Rio & Sheamus earned their pushes (Sheamus more so than Del Rio). Ryback on the other hand, hasn't done shit to earn his push. Sure, the fans love him, but he's done jack & shit as far as accomplishments go, isn't very good in the ring, and hasn't come close to paying his dues. He's only been active about a bit over a year in total, with 6 months as Skip Sheffield as part of NXT and then the Nexus, and now 7 months as Ryback (and no, FCW doesn't count).
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton

Return to WWE