CM Punk has emergency knee surgery

Enter the world of McMahon.

CM Punk has emergency knee surgery

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Credit: 411mania

ORIGINAL: WWE.com reports that CM Punk has been forced to have emergency knee surgery. Meanwhile, Prowrestling.net has provided additional details.

Punk met with Dr. James Andrews, who performed the surgery. There is no timeline set as far as his return date goes. It could mean the end of CM Punk's historic title reign as well as a complete change to the company's plan of Punk vs Rock at the Royal Rumble.

The word is that the knee injury is legitimate and the surgery was described as "long overdue". Punk has been working through the knee injury for some time. It's unknown if the injury was minor or major. It's likely it wouldn't be known until the surgeon looked at the damage in surgery.

UPDATE: WWE.com reports that CM Punk's surgery was a scope of his left knee; the site says that Dr. Andrews "successfully trimmed a cartilage tear."

WWE physician Chris Amann commented, saying, "CM Punk underwent knee surgery today to remove a piece of torn meniscus that had locked up his knee. The surgery, performed by Dr. James Andrews, went smoothly and CM Punk is expected to make a full recovery."

In addition, PW.net reports that Punk will be healthy enough to work the Royal Rumble and will still likely face the Rock, though he will is "questionable at best" for TLC in two weeks.

Well, this could totally wreck some of their plans for the coming weeks, unless they planned to have Ryback face The Rock all along (which I highly, HIGHLY doubt). Hopefully Punk will be ok in time for TLC.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: CM Punk has emergency knee surgery

PostPosted by SHADE 45 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 am

Short version: Ryback and Team Hell No vs. The Shield in a TLC Pinfall/Submissions match is the new main event
SHADE 45

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:45 am

That cannot possibly bode well for the long term future of The Shield.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by Astroblack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:15 am

Totally bad news. Gonna be at TLC next Sunday and was really looking forward to seeing him in a match.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 am

Astroblack wrote:Totally bad news. Gonna be at TLC next Sunday and was really looking forward to seeing him in a match.

I was considering buying the PPV based on how strong it was last year, but I think I can hold off for Rumble instead.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Astroblack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 am

Speaking of the Rumble, its looking quite promising this year. You got the Rock - Punk in a title match, and the rumble match itself. There are no real favorites going into the match. I wonder who will win.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:32 am

Didn't the rules used to be that the champion had to defend his title within a specific number of days? Or the title would be stripped?
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 pm

bountyhunter wrote:Didn't the rules used to be that the champion had to defend his title within a specific number of days? Or the title would be stripped?

It was 30 days I thought. I think I read that he is expected to defend the belt against Ryback before the Rumble, so it is probably not an issue.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to WWE