Former Mid Card Talent Returning to WWE

Enter the world of McMahon.

Former Mid Card Talent Returning to WWE

PostPosted by Longshot » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 pm

- Former WWE mid-card names could soon return to the company in the near future. There has been a push in recent weeks from several top talents in the company to bring back some former talents that were released but were also solid hands.

WWE management has taken the suggestion to heart as the company has been thin on talent as of late. Names that are being brought back will be able to populate the mid-card and work with the younger talents to help bring them along and also provide some solid experienced workers to the show. There is a short list of potential names the WWE is interested in, but the company has not yet started to contact them. This process could start at any time.

Credit: PWInsider

If the short list is say, five or six guys, who would you want to see returning?

For my money:

MVP
Haas and Benjamin
John Morrison

There are other guys I wouldn't mind seeing come back under the right circumstances, like the Hardy Boys or Mr. Kennedy (provided that his promo time is kept to a minimum and he has no real creative input on what his character does or says). My problem with Kennedy has never been his in ring work, but more that I think his gimmick is 5 years past stale and has always been corny.

There are a couple other guys who I wouldn't qualify as midcarders, but had runs in the company who I think have something to offer WWE in Colt Cabana, Cliff Compton, and Harry Smith. I think THE Brian Kendrick would be entertaining to see again provided he does that gimmick and enters to "A Man With A Plan" which I will now be looking up on YouTube.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Former Mid Card Talent Returning to WWE

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 am

The guys you mentioned would be cool (not Kennedy though; and Hass & Benjamin only if they work as tag team, never solo). I will add The Hurricane to the list, because the gimmick just worked. His promos were pretty good too, Helms more than carried his weight (go see his promos with the Rock from 2003 for proof, they were pretty even).
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Herco » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh man, there are a lot of guys I would like to see coming back, off the top of my head right now I can think about John Morrison, Paul London, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Masters, Carlito, Gregory Helms (The Hurricane), Paul Burchill, Eugene, they can bring back David Hart Smith and reform the Hart Dynasty.
Herco

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Raven
Favorite Show: Raw, Smackdown! & TNA. Only before 2007.

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Is Helms even wrestling anymore? I know he got hurt really bad in a motorcycle accident.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Longshot wrote:Is Helms even wrestling anymore? I know he got hurt really bad in a motorcycle accident.

I managed to find an interview with him from May 2nd, which has the following question & answer in it:

On how he's recovering after his nearly fatal motorcycle crash that took place on May 5, 2011: The recovery is going as well as we expected. I almost lost my foot along with my life. So, the recovery has been pretty tough. Every day, it's been very painful, the therapies very painful. But, I'm already back in the ring in a limited capacity. Not quite at Hurricane level yet. But, I had to get back out there because it's my dream, it's what I love doing. So, it's going as well as can be expected. I only see good things happening in the future.

It's been 7 months since then, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything more recent.

In regards to Herco, I never want to see Eugene again (Nick Dinsmore under a different gimmick is fine though). Also, Carlito can stay wherever the hell he is, he was lazy, sloppy, and completely unmotivated in the majority of his matches.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 am

LegendKillerRAB wrote:The guys you mentioned would be cool (not Kennedy though; and Hass & Benjamin only if they work as tag team, never solo). I will add The Hurricane to the list, because the gimmick just worked. His promos were pretty good too, Helms more than carried his weight (go see his promos with the Rock from 2003 for proof, they were pretty even).

I was stretching to reach 5 with Kennedy. I personally don't want to see Helms wrestle anymore. I would rather see Nash or Billy Gunn before Helms. Wouldn't mind seeing the Dudleys coming back for one last WWE run either.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by bountyhunter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

I would like to see MVP and Johnny Nitro return.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wrote:[Referring to his 0.7 grade point average in college] "It's pretty hard to get a point seven. You have to do close to nothing."

ImageImage
bountyhunter

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 pm

- Last week it was reported that WWE was looking to bring back some familiar mid-card talent to the company, as a way to freshen up the roster as well as to bring back solid hands in the ring. Two names that have been mentioned are MVP and Shelton Benjamin. Since their releases, both have worked for New Japan Pro wrestling, and actually team together under the name "Black Dynamite." Benjamin has also been working for Ring of Honor, teaming with Charlie Haas.

Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com via rajah.com

Didn't MVP partner with Tensai also at some point? Or was that just with Karl Anderson?
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

Return to WWE