2013 US MOTYC review thread

Post anything that doesn't fit into the other categories in here.

Re: 2013 US MOTYC review thread

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Watched: Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton WWE Raw 9/2/13

Certainly a good match, but in a normal match kind of way with the added stipulation increasing the heat. Close to very good, but I still wanted a little more to grab onto with the story. Again, best possible normal match with these two.

Watched: Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan & Usos WWE Smackdown 9/20/13

Same good stuff with the Shield. It’s just that they are starting to blend together at this point.

Watched: Randy Orton vs. Christian WWE Raw 8/26/13

This was the legit worst Christian singles match I’ve seen in the WWE. These two were just off the whole match.

Watched: Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston WWE Raw 9/23/13

Better then I thought it would be. Alberto gave Kofi a nice ass whooping and did his usual awesome arm work. Still, the usual Kofi sloppiness hurt this.

Watched: Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Rob Van Dam, Prime Time Players, Usos, Kofi Kingston, Justin Gabriel, & Zack Ryder WWE Raw 9/23/13

I’ll say this, they booked this match about as well as an 11 faces vs 3 heels match could be booked. I will say it was good, but 10 eliminations in a 20 minute match is still too much in the end.

Watched: Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler WWE Smackdown 10/4/13

It got good in the end, but they’ve had too many better matches together.

Watched: Alberto Del Rio vs Rob Van Dam Hardcore Match WWE Battleground 10/6/13

Everything that is bad about these RVD style matches with the contrived setups and non believable conclusions.
http://jmanwrestlingenterprisereviews.blogspot.com
Because someone has to review matches outside the WWE. Currently doing ROH.
jman9

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by jman9 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Watched: Anthony Nese vs Ricochet DGUSA Freedom Fight 2013 11/17/13

Ricochet was the only reason this was as good as this was. Everybody cared more about him and was way better then Nese. Oh, and I never would have thought that I’d hear a “pee on her” chant during a wrestling show. New low.

Watched: Rich Swann vs Trent Beretta DGUSA Freedom Fight 2013 11/17/13

Damn good match. This was the proverbial “steal the show” match. Nothing deep, but these two are good wrestlers and they had a nice match with a lot of nearfalls. It did get a bit too slow in the beginning and no selly in the end. That prevents me from listing it.

Watched: Masaaki Mochizuki/AR Fox vs Young Bucks DGUSA Freedom Fight 2013 11/17/13

Another good Young Bucks match. Fox was fine in that he wasn’t as annoying as he usually is, but Mochizuki may as well have been a sack of potatoes in how much he helped during the match.

Listed: Johnny Gargano vs Chris Hero DGUSA Freedom Fight 2013 11/17/13

This was pretty damn awesome thanks to Hero. Hero pretty much fucked Johnny up pretty bad with some gnarly punches and it was amazing. You had an attempt at some arm work, but Hero did some amazing defensive wrestling to prevent any of it. I actually didn’t mind any of the pedigree stuff because it at least led to the finish. #17.

Watched: AR Fox vs. Chris Dickinson CZW Cerebral 10/12/13

Too even.

Watched: Matt Tremont vs. Joe Gacy House of Horrors Match CZW Cerebral 10/12/13

It was ok. They brought the awesome punches, but all the cool spots happened in the beginning and the match eventually petered out.

Listed: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins No DQ WWE Raw 10/14/13

This was a match that was good in the beginning and got pretty awesome in the end. Similar to the Battleground match but with the insane stretch run. They played it straight in the beginning and became a 3 on 2 in the end and really teased some big moments without any pins. Thinking it through Show/Del Rio LMS is probably a great match that deserves a spot if there’s room, while the 5/20 six man is very good despite Kofi being in it. This falls between them and is #20 right now.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Watched: Bo Dallas vs. Sami Zayn WWE NXT 10/16/13

Good match by sheer force of will. Actually Bo was fine in the match, but it was still about Sami in the end. Finish was weak sauce.

Watched: Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes & Goldust WWE Smackdown 10/18/13

That got pretty insane in the end with everybody going head over heels the announce table. The match was a bit rushed in the beginning and Cody was the FIP which was fine, but Goldust and Bryan are there. It’s still another damn good Shield match.

Watched: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins WWE Hell in a Cell 10/27/13

Not a classic as it was pegged, but still good. It’s the Shield trying to control Goldust and keeping the other three from tagging. Some nice stuff, but I think I liked the last match better.

Watched: Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena WWE Hell in a Cell 10/27/13

Cena was fine, but Del Rio wasn’t really that good in this match. They didn’t do as good of a job in doing the arm story as they should have.

Watched: CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman & Ryback Hell in a Cell WWE Hell in a Cell 10/27/13

Boring as shit. Only interesting for Punk getting his revenge on Paul.

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton Hell in a Cell WWE Hell in a Cell 10/27/13

Even without the awful ending, this match was still in the same “good” category as there other matches. The angle halted the match, Shawn’s kick missed by a mile, and Bryan didn’t take any finishers before that to justify the pin. I don’t think it was a horrendous burial, but it was just a horrendously bad finish.

Listed: John Cena vs. Damien Sandow WWE Raw 10/28/13

This was a brilliant angle and match. Everything I wanted out of Cena/Del Rio, I got out of this match. Sandow’s attack before and after the bell were awesome as was his trash talking. And Cena made with the excellent selling to really drive it on home. This will be rated pretty well. #15.

Watched: Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust WWE Raw 10/28/13

This was JIP for whatever reason. Looked ok, but I don’t think I’m missing anything.

Watched: Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow & Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust & John Cena WWE Smackdown 11/1/13

A bit overrated, but good. Even though the match was smart, the match went a bit too long notably opportunities to tag others in and Goldust’s FIP. The ending also came off as a bit too easy for me.

Watched: Kevin Steen vs. ACH PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13

Good, but overstayed its welcome a bit too long. Steen treats ACH like absolute shit and doesn’t treat him as threat being more concerned with jawing with the crowd. They did lose at the end with the unnecessary apron bump, but it was still better then what people were saying.

Honorable Mention: Brian Cage vs. Tomasso Ciampa vs. Tony Nese vs. Drake Younger PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13

This was a nutty spotfest. Not a perfect one because there was a botch or two at points, but there were so many insane moments that you couldn’t help but love its stupidity. HM.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs. Johnny Gargano PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13

Good match. The selling wasn’t as exceptional as it could have been, but it wasn’t a waste of time.

Watched: Young Bucks vs Joey Ryan/Candace LeRae PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13

I say it was on the fringe of being very good, but not quite being there. Part of me of not wanting to go all the way is believability that Candace is that strong (don’t buy it) and moves not being sold long enough. It was still a load of fun if you just go with the flow, but I wouldn’t blame people for not liking it.

Watched: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13

When he is pulling submissions out of his ass, I’m cool with Kyle. When Kyle is trusted to sell his leg, he is the worst.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Watched: Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow & Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust & John Cena WWE Raw 11/4/13

Although good, the match probably could have been better with less distracting commentary. I feel Cena’s FIP was quality and had a better finishing run with everybody flying everywhere. Not really any wow moments, but good solid tag team wrestling.

Watched: Kassius Ohno vs Luke Harper WWE NXT 11/6/13

I liked it, but I wasn’t blown away about. Harper got most of the control in the match and looked like the better wrestler in the match. The disappointing thing was that the shots weren’t as meaty as I pictured it although there were some. The selling was not also up to par.

Watched: John Cena vs. Ryback WWE Smackdown 11/8/13

Didn’t like this. Ryback dragged it down.

Watched: Adrian Neville vs. Corey Graves 2/3 Falls WWE NXT 11/13/13

Mechanically fine match, but it just didn’t have that spark. It was hurt by the wrestlers just not being good enough to make this match work and the fact that it felt like this needed more hate in it after the angle a couple of weeks ago.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Watched: Drew Gulak vs Chuck Taylor CZW Night of Infamy XII 11/2/13

Fine match. It suffers from the usual CZW problems with it being too “your turn, my turn”ish and not having a story.

Watched: Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Usos, Cody Rhodes, & Goldust vs. Wyatt Family & Shield WWE Raw 11/18/13

The second half made it good. First half was more interesting with the Wyatt/Shield relationship, but it had Cody as FIP which considering who he is tagging with is disappointing. Then Bryan gets beaten down and the match gets better all the way to the home stretch although Punk doesn’t seem to be as sharp. Too many better matches this year.

Watched: Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso & Rey Mysterio Elimination WWE Survivor Series 11/24/13

Good match, but weirdly laid out. They were trying to get Reigns face pops by having him be as dominant as he was and having to comeback from 3 men down with Seth. I think as a way of making Roman into a beast with a killer move, it worked. The match itself was fine, without rocking my world.

Honorable Mention: Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn WWE NXT 11/27/13

Pretty much the usual nuttiness you expect from Generico and PAC. I haven’t seen there PWG 06-07 matches in a while, but this felt along the same lines as those matches, but with a better sense of timing and every move meaning something. Since this isn’t a new matchup and there’s no story attached to this, it isn’t top 20, but it is another notch in Sami’s belt. HM.

Watched: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns
Shield vs. Cody Rhodes/Goldust/CM Punk
Cody Rhodes/Goldust/CM Punk/Usos/Rey Mysterio vs. Wyatt Family & Shield
WWE Smackdown 11/29/13

Definitely different then what you usually see in WWE in that you had one match go to another match in plausible fashion. Sadly, none of these matches I would say was outright great. More of a curiosity.

Watched: Goldust/Cody Rhodes/Big Show vs. Shield WWE Raw 12/2/13

This felt like a better version of there match against Henry and the Usos a few months ago. Established Show as a killer in the beginning and the control sections on Cody and Show and the Goldust hot tag with a clever finish. Closer to very good then other matches I’ve seen, but it just doesn’t compare to the outstanding heat that the Shield had with Hell No. That’s just the nature of the beast sometimes.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Watched: Chris Hero vs. Drew Gulak CZW Cage of Death XV 12/14/13

I tried with this, but Gulak did nothing for me in this. It had a leg story, but Drew did nothing to draw me into this. Hero did his amazing strikes, but there just wasn’t enough of them.

Watched: AR Fox vs. Chuck Taylor vs. Joe Gacy vs. Azrieal vs. Tony Nese vs. Andrew Everrett CZW Cage of Death XV 12/14/13

Not in the upper echelon of insanity like that four way from PWG this year, but a decent waste of time.

Watched: Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. Green Ant/Fire Ant CZW Cage of Death XV 12/14/13

Yeah, Colony. The match though, they didn’t seem to be on the same page. Too many better Colony and Beaver Boys matches.

Watched: Chris Dickinson vs. Davey Richards CZW Cage of Death XV 12/14/13

This was a Davey match with darkness in it. Thank god, this is the end of Indy Richards.

Watched: Nation Of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Lucky Thirteen, Devon Moore and ?) vs. Forgotten Ones (Drew Blood, Matt Tremont, Rory Mondo, and Ron Mathis) Cage of Death CZW Cage of Death XV 12/14/13

And we are 0 for 5 for COD. It isn’t bad or anything, but these matches tend to be long and these Wargames type matches are reliant on the crowd heat. And there were stretches where it was quiet. The match will be talked about just for the surprise entrant who I don’t think has been around for about 10 years.

Honorable Mention: Paul London vs. Roderick Strong Glory by Honor XII 10/26/13

Not top 20, but still very damn good. This is the best London singles match I’ve seen in some time where everything seemed to be on point with the added story of using the moves Davey almost killed him with as a means of killing Strong. Strong’s backbreakers were used more as transition point and means of getting nearfalls as opposed to just back work. Probably top 30, so HM.

Listed: Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly & Matt Taven vs. Caprice Coleman, Cedric Alexander, Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin Elimination Glory by Honor XII 10/26/13

This was a heck of a match although I’m on the fence in calling this a MOTYC. This match had comedy, brawling, angle advancement, stiffness, a little bit of shooting, really crisp striking, and Elgin being the motherfucking juggernaut all in the hour plus it went. You had issues with Elgin/Cole, Elgin/Lethal, Cole/Taven, and a little Future Shock reunion, cameos by Outlaw Inc., and psychotic table bump with Lethal and one of the Hoopla Hotties in there. The one thing that hurts this is that Elgin took way too much in the last five minutes. Other then that, Elgin’s selling and timing on all of his freaky retard strength spots was impeccable and actually had me believing that he could take on all four wrestlers without seeming implausible. You know what; yes this at least belongs in the group of MOTYCs. With the shuffling of the list, #17.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Watched: Davey Richards vs. ACH ROH The Golden Dream 11/2/13

Good match despite its flaws. Davey does mid section work and ACH does a pretty good, but not great job selling it. Davey kept most of his bad tendencies in check minus a really ill advised strike exchange. As an underdog flyer vs former ace type deal, I dug it, but it’s not a huge recommendation.

Watched: Matt Taven vs. Adam Page ROH The Golden Dream 11/2/13

The match lacked polish, but got good after the psychotic sunset bomb to the guardrail. Page needs a little tweeking, but he’s still young and should get better with more experience.

Watched: Jimmy Jacobs vs. Roderick Strong ROH The Golden Dream 11/2/13

This felt like the commentators were trying to force feed us into thinking it was an epic. The crowd wasn’t buying it and the match didn’t go in any direction except to bring Veda Scott out. I don’t see the hype for this.

Watched: Adrenaline Rush vs. Young Bucks ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13

Yes, there are other ROH shows, but they are apparently not out right now. We’ll get there.

Another good Bucks match, but I think this was hurt by Thomas’s arm injury. He just wasn’t on point with most of his offense and since he was in most of this match, it was that much more glaring.

Honorable Mention: Michael Bennett vs. Kevin Steen Stretcher Match ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13

Not a stone cold classic, but this was an effective blow off. The match was pretty much spots and chairs shots, but they were spaced out effectively. It was what it was, but I was at least satisfied with to recommend it. HM.

Honorable Mention: Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal vs. Eddie Edwards & BJ Whitmer ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13

Damn, I’m on the fence on this one. For Eddie and BJ’s (haha) last match in ROH, it was a pretty effective last stand. Plus, we get one more encounter between Eddie and Strong. Your mileage may vary on the last exchange between Eddie/Strong, which had some stiff strikes, but a lot of standing around. I can live with it in this match, but it’s all about the post match angle which was absolutely brilliant. HM, barely.

Watched: Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin vs. Jay Briscoe ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13

Good match that did well in getting around the usual three way issues. Still, I don’t know if I would have had it go 30 plus. I didn’t hate the length, but it still felt pretty taxing.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs. CM Punk WWE Smackdown 12/6/13

Fine match, but it’s lacking something. Dean does some nice rib work, but then he is throwing out some Fujiwara armbars and the story is confusing me. Punk sold pretty well, but it feels obvious that he is not 100%. People have been pimping the Raw match anyway so I feel safe in discounting this.

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs. CM Punk WWE Raw 12/9/13

Better match, but it’s still missing something. Better focus between Punk’s early arm work and Dean’s eventual rib work. The selling was fine I guess, but there wasn’t any “wow” moments to it to really make me remember this. Good and that’s it.

Watched: Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. Curtis Axel & Ryback vs. Real Americans Elimination WWE TLC 12/15/13

Best of the day so far. They segmented the match well with the control sections in the first two falls and the face vs face match up in the end. There was some “waiting around” spots during the FIP and don’t know about Show being taken off his feet sp easily near the end. I could see putting it up there, if the third fall was longer, but the rushed nature of the last fall makes me say no.

Watched: John Cena vs. Randy Orton TLC WWE TLC 12/15/13

The grand title unification match…with three weeks build…in a TLC match. The match…I liked it at parts, but the biggest thing I took away from it was how all of the TLC spots were meaningless. If you are just going to get up and no sell something then don’t do a table spot in the first place. At least the final result was clean.

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton WWE Raw 12/16/13

I think this was there best match together. You actually had the early Bryan attacks the leg story and Orton working on the arm after a nasty stomp on it with some callback spots spread out which was neat. Bryan was great selling the arm for maybe 95% of it and then he didn’t bother selling it after. Jees, this feels like another fringe Daniel Bryan match. Good, has its “wow” moments, but it just doesn’t feel like a complete match that would be listable. Slight no.

Watched: Wyatt Family vs. Cody Rhode/Goldust WWE Smackdown 12/20/13

It was good, especially that beginning where Goldust punched Eric’s mask off. Nice ugly little slugfest although a bit messy at times.

Watched: Wyatt Family vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust, & Daniel Bryan WWE Raw 12/23/13

Another nice match. I was actually impressed with Wyatt here in being the demented clan leader and all his nice bits of offense. The match is notable for the very rare triple FIP, but this isn’t anything noteworthy other then that.

Watched: Kurt Angle vs Austin Aries Submission Match TNA Impact 11/14/13

I thought Aries did well in trying to carry this with his back and ankle selling. The match seemed to get really messy in the end.

Watched: James Storm vs. Bobby Roode Florida Deathmatch (Last Man Standing) TNA Impact 11/21/13

Pretty good. Still haven’t had that stand out match between them, but it was another good one. Finish wasn’t as shitty as I was expecting.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Watched: Matt Taven vs. Cedric Alexander ROH Charm City Challenge 10/5/13

This was ok but nothing that I will remember in the end.

Watched: Jimmy Jacobs vs. Michael Bennett ROH Charm City Challenge 10/5/13

This was a match that got better by the end. I think Maria’s commentary distracted me from this. It seemed fine, but unless Jacobs is in a hardcore match, he doesn’t really have matches that can get above very good.

Watched: reDRagon vs. Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin ROH Charm City Challenge 10/5/13

Good barely. All the good stuff happens in the end, but there’s nothing outstanding happening throughout the other 2/3rds.

Watched: Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong No DQ ROH Charm City Challenge 10/5/13

This felt like a house show match and a waste of No DQ stip. So this show kind of sucked.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Watched: Jay Lethal vs. Eddie Edwards ROH Pursuit Night 1 11/15/13

About as formula of an ROH match as you can get.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards ROH Pursuit Night 1 11/15/13

Actually thought it was good despite some miscommunication and general Davey issues at the end. Decent back selling by Davey until he didn’t feel like doing it anymore.

Watched: Adam Cole vs. Jimmy Jacobs ROH Pursuit Night 1 11/15/13

Meh. It got good by the end, but this is not making me forget there match in January.

Watched: Mickie James vs Ivelisse Velez TNA One Night Only: World Cup 12/6/13, taped 3/18/13

It was decent. If you want to see Mickie do more then what you usually see, you’ll probably dig it.

Watched: Magnus vs. Jeff Hardy Dixieland Match TNA Impact 12/19/13

If you forget the booking, this was a good match. It was pretty much big spots and selling, but Hardy dies several times throughout the match and made it as watchable as it was. I got what they were going for with Jeff wanting it to be a fair match and Magnus not returning the favor when Stud pushed Hardy off, but this would have been better if only EC3 or Spud was involved in the match and if they didn’t have that weird celebration afterwards. They should have thought through the angle a little more.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Honorable Mention: Antonio Cesaro vs. William Regal WWE NXT 12/26/13

I’m safe in calling this very good, but I still kind of felt like it could have been something more. The European matwork in the beginning ruled which leads to the leg work and Regal trying to neutralize Cesaro by taking out his arms in the home stretch. I think they were trying to do a hesitation storyline with Cesaro because there were points where he wait along time before hitting a move which kind of detracted from the match. Still too smart not to get an HM.

Watched: John Cena vs Seth Rollins WWE Smackdown 12/27/13

Good match, but I don’t think I would have had it go as long as it did. It’s the usual Cena vs midcarder match where he gives the midcarder the majority of the offense and makes him look on his level. The ending stretch was a lot of fun, but that of direction in the beginning prevents me from giving it more love.

Watched: CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins WWE Raw 12/30/13

If it wasn’t so botchy in the beginning, it still would have been good at most.

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs. Luke Harper WWE Raw 12/30/13

Last WWE match of the year, and I’m on the fence. Bryan does his unsuccessful attack the leg stuff until the eventual comeback from Luke. Luke pretty much peppers him with every disgustingly awesome strike in his arsenal. It goes real well up to the superbomb. It does lose steam after that because the superbomb couldn’t be topped. I am going to say slight no.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Watched: Tommaso Ciampa vs Drake Younger PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13

Good mindless violence I guess. You have the same issue with these Drake matches in that there no selly bombfests, but then end on cradles or jackknifes.

Watched: Davey Richards vs Johnny Gargano PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13

This was death whenever Davey was in control or doing his bullshit submission trading. I actually did like Johnny’s final flurry to beat him going Gargano Escape, Ankle Lock, and leg trapped Gargano Escape. Otherwise, I hated it.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs ACH PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13

Surprisingly bad at points. The reasons: the fact that ACH was botching stuff and him just taking Elgin down way too easy at times. There ROH match was way better.

Watched: Young Bucks/Kevin Steen vs Ricochet/Rich Swann/AR Fox PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13

Good, but too much no selling especially by one of the Jacksons when he got hit with two 450s and then got up way too fast to hit the final move. I love the Young Bucks, but that’s not the type of thing I want out of there matches. Hell even Steen was kind of reserved in this.

Honorable Mention: Adam Cole vs Chris Hero PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13

I will say that this was the best match of the show. Not a story, although Cole gave Hero begrudging respect, but Hero was hitting some home run shots for near falls which were amazing and the stuff with the loaded elbow pad I liked for the most part. The low blow in front of ref Knox and the crappy Canadian Destroyer took this down a notch however. I liked it enough, and is on. HM.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Watched: Chuck Taylor/Trent? vs Brian Cage/Michael Elgin PWG All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13

Fun match. Wasn’t a serious enough affair, but it was a good match if you turned your brain off.

Honorable Mention: Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong vs Rich Swann/AR Fox PWG All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13

This was a pretty gnarly match. This is all about the high flyers getting there asses beaten in and man this was a lot of fun. The flyers make there come back and it is all pretty. You do have a couple things that don’t come off well with Swann, and there was a pretty significant ref fuck up that the Dojo Bros. had to explain, but the match was total chaos and will get an honorable mention.

Watched: Davey Richards vs Ricochet PWG All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13

Davey at his Daveyist.

Watched: Candice LeRae, Joey Ryan, and Drake Younger vs. Young Bucks and Kevin Steen All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13

If there was less botching in it then maybe I’d consider it, but it was just too glaring to ignore.

Watched: Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano PWG All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13

This was a fuckload of whatever. It looked like they were going for an arm story, but then that was dropped to do Cole doing nothing in the middle. Didn’t care for this.

Honorable Mention: Adam Cole vs. ACH ROH Pursuit Night 2 11/16/13

Really dug the simplicity of the match. The match didn’t go long, but it accomplished what it needed to do. Cole was a dick, ACH sold the hell out of the leg, and the crowd ate it up. Couldn’t ask for more. HM.

Watched: Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander ROH Pursuit Night 2 11/16/13

It got fun in the end. I don’t think either team was clean enough to make this match special.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Roderick Strong vs. Matt Taven ROH Pursuit Night 2 11/16/13

Last match of 2013. Good. Pretty much the usual you get from these four ways, but its not a match you regret seeing. Now to rank.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 am

Final List.

1. Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk No DQ WWE Summerslam 8/18/13
2. Kassius Ohno vs William Regal NXT WWE 4/10/13
3. Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn 2/3 Falls WWE NXT 8/21/13
4. CM Punk vs John Cena WWE Raw 2/25/13
5. Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton & Kane vs. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins WWE Smackdown 6/14/13
6. Eddie Kingston vs. Green Ant Chikara Battle Not with Monsters 5/3/13
7. ACH vs Michael Elgin ROH Dragon’s Reign 5/11/13
8. Shane Matthews and Scott Parker vs. Jigsaw and The Shard Chikara Aniversario Never Compromise 6/2/13
9. Fire Ant, Green Ant, and assailANT vs. Blaster McMassive, Max Smashmaster, and Flex Rumblecrunch Chikara Aniversario Never Compromise 6/2/13
10. John Cena vs. Damien Sandow WWE Raw 10/28/13
11. QT Marshall vs. Tommaso Ciampa ROH on SBG 7/13/13
12. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler WWE Payback 6/16/13
13. Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly & Matt Taven vs. Caprice Coleman, Cedric Alexander, Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin Elimination Glory by Honor XII 10/26/13
14. Eddie Kingston vs. Kevin Steen Chikara While the Dawn is Breaking 2/10/13
15. Johnny Gargano vs Chris Hero DGUSA Freedom Fight 2013 11/17/13
16. Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins No DQ WWE Raw 10/14/13
17. Kevin Steen vs. Johnny Gargano PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2013 Night 2 8/31/13
18. Eddie Kingston vs. Mark Angelosetti Chikara The Ghost That Clings to You 5/4/13
19. Kofi Kingston vs Antonio Cesaro WWE Main Event 5/1/13
20. Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show Last Man Standing WWE Smackdown 1/11/13

Honorable Mention
Ricochet and Rich Swann vs. Young Bucks PWG DDT 2013 1/12/13
B-Boy vs. Brian Cage vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Drake Younger vs. Famous B vs. Johnny Goodtime vs. Johnny Yuma vs. Ray Rosas Fray DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13
Adam Cole, Davey Richards & Michael Elgin vs Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino Elimination ROH Honor vs Evil 2/16/13
Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. John Cena, Ryback & Sheamus WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 2/17/13
Briscoes vs. Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish ROH 11th Anniversary 3/2/13
Mike Quackenbush & Fire Ant vs. Jigsaw & The Shard Chikara Watchmaker 3/9/13
Young Bucks vs. Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong PWG All Star Weekend 9 Night 2 3/23/13
The American Wolves vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander ROH War 3/30/13
Mike Quackenbush & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Jigsaw & Shard Chikara The Shoulder of Pallas 4/6/13
Undertaker vs CM Punk WWE Wrestlemania 29 4/7/13
Bully Ray vs Jeff Hardy Full Metal Mayhem TNA Impact 4/11/13
Shane Hollister vs Sami Callihan Last Man Standing AAW Day of Defiance 5/17/13
Jay Lethal, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Taven, Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish ROH Relentless 5/18/13
Brock Lesnar vs HHH Cage Match WWE Extreme Rules 5/19/13
Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston & Kane vs. Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins WWE Raw 5/20/13
Jay Lethal vs ACH ROH Honor in the Heart of Texas 6/1/13
Johnny Gargano vs. Samuray Del Sol Evolve 22 6/2/13
Austin Aries & Bobby Roode vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez vs. Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Gunner & James Storm Elimination TNA Slammiversary XI 6/2/13
Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn WWE NXT 6/13/13
Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano PWG Is Your Body Ready 6/15/13
Daniel Bryan vs Christian WWE Smackdown 7/12/13
Dean Ambrose vs Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes vs Fandango vs Jack Swagger vs Antonio Cesaro vs Wade Barrett Ladder Match WWE Money in the Bank 2013 7/14/13
Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio WWE Money in the Bank 2013 7/14/13
Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus WWE Raw 7/22/13
Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro WWE Raw 7/22/13
Willie Mack/B-Boy/Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan/Ryan Taylor/Peter Avalon PWG Ten 8/9/13
Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen vs. Drake Younger 3-Way Guerrilla Warfare PWG Ten 8/9/13
Nation of Intoxication vs. Drew Blood, Rory Mondo & Ron Mathis Tangled Web match CZW Tangled Web 6 8/10/13
Alberto Del Rio vs Christian WWE Summerslam 8/18/13
John Cena vs Daniel Bryan WWE Summerslam 8/18/13
Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins WWE Raw 8/26/13
Jack Swagger vs. Sami Zayn WWE NXT 9/4/13
Tomasso Ciampa/Adam Cole vs Kevin Steen/Michael Elgin ROH Road to Greatness Night 1 9/6/13
Davey Richards vs. Michael Bennett ROH Road to Greatness Night 2 9/7/13
Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong Ringmaster’s Challenge ROH Road to Greatness Night 2 9/7/13
Antonio Cesaro vs Kofi Kingston WWE Main Event 9/11/13
Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins No DQ WWE Raw 10/14/13
Brian Cage vs. Tomasso Ciampa vs. Tony Nese vs. Drake Younger PWG Matt Rushmore 10/19/13
AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray No DQ TNA Bound for Glory 2013 10/20/13
Paul London vs. Roderick Strong Glory by Honor XII 10/26/13
Adam Cole vs. ACH ROH Pursuit Night 2 11/16/13
Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn WWE NXT 11/27/13
Michael Bennett vs. Kevin Steen Stretcher Match ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13
Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal vs. Eddie Edwards & BJ Whitmer ROH Final Battle 2013 12/14/13
Adam Cole vs Chris Hero PWG All Star Weekend X Night 1 12/20/13
Eddie Edwards/Roderick Strong vs Rich Swann/AR Fox PWG All Star Weekend X Night 2 12/21/13
Antonio Cesaro vs. William Regal WWE NXT 12/26/13
Last edited by jman9 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jman9

PostPosted by Longshot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:16 am

Massive list JMan. I'm glad you stuck with it.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:33 pm

OK. Reopening this to review a show that I finally found online in DGUSA's Revolt 2013. Everything minus the opening match was recommended and I wouldn't be doing justice to this year if I didn't review it.

Honorable Mention: B-Boy vs. Brian Cage vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Drake Younger vs. Famous B vs. Johnny Goodtime vs. Johnny Yuma vs. Ray Rosas Fray DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

First match, and it’s already very good. This has a majority of SoCal talent with nobody exposing themselves as not belonging. HM.

Watched: Eita vs. Rich Swann DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

Except for a portion in the middle, this was not good. Swann just wasn’t on his game, Eita can still be green at points especially not selling the standing 450 for long enough.

Watched: AR Fox vs Samuray Del Sol DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

Usual Fox match. Good at times, but kind of pandering.

Watched: Akira Tozawa vs Sami Callihan DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

God, this is such a tough one to rate. There is some outstanding hate and charisma on display, but there is some horrible leg selling from Tozawa. Good, but this match summarizes why I can never put Tozawa as a top 20 worker.

Watched: Young Bucks vs Jimmyz DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

God I hated this. The Jimmyz lack of charisma is so distracting.

Watched: Johnny Gargano vs Jon Davis No Roped match DGUSA Revolt 2013 1/26/13

It was good although I don’t think the real big spots were set up organically enough.
jman9

Previous

Return to General Wrestling