Possible Fourth Shield Member?

Enter the world of McMahon.

Possible Fourth Shield Member?

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

- WWE.com posted an article suggesting that the Shield may have a mystery fourth member. Included as potential suspects are Paul Heyman, Big Show, Ryback and Jack Swagger.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-04-22/shield-fourth-member-26109379

I'll give this a try and see how reception is.

As the title implies, WWE.com is teasing a fourth member of the Shield. They give a few possibilities, none of which (aside from Heyman) seem plausible, to me at least. I am going to pose a series of questions on this:

1. Do you want to see/think there should be a fourth member of The Shield?
2. Do any of the suspects WWE.com puts forward appeal to you?
3. Who (if anyone) would you like to see in The Shield?

Feel free to expand beyond any of these questions, they were just the first things that came to mind when I saw the headline.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Re: Possible Fourth Shield Member?

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 pm

1. No, I feel adding a new member would be a bad idea. As it stands, the Shield has been booked very effectively, with each member having time to shine. Adding a fourth member would simply take time away from Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns. It's like the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

2. Supposing they absolutely had to add a new member, not one of the guys listed on the article would interest me as said member. All of them, with the exception of Jack Swagger, are fine in their current roles and would overshadow the other members if the joined. Swagger on the other hand bores me in his current gimmick, and while he wouldn't overshadow The Shield he'd still take time away from the continued development of the other members.

3. Once again, supposing someone has to be added, I'd go with Kassius Ohno down in NXT. He can work, has a good look, and I feel could easily slide into the Shield gimmick.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: Possible Fourth Shield Member?

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:48 am

1. Not a new member, but I wouldn't be opposed to them aligning with someone else.

2. They really all seem like awful choices to me, or at least nonsensical. If Ryback or Big Show turned up in The Shield, I would be pissed from a lack of continuity POV. Heyman would be fine, but he can't actually be in the Shield. If he were pulling the strings, that would work for me.

3. I agree with LKR on Ohno, but for an additional reason. Ohno doesn't exactly have the typical WWE physique, but the Shield outfit would hide that while still allowing him to shine. Also, one of the biggest reasons why The Shield worked was because they were such an unknown quantity when they came in. Sure, people who watched the Indies or NXT knew about them, but the casual fan had no idea who these guys were and that's another way that Ohno could fit in. That being said, I don't really want to see any new members and I think they're more solid as a trio than they would be with additional members.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

Return to WWE