2015 MOTYC

Post anything that doesn't fit into the other categories in here.

2015 MOTYC

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:19 pm

1. Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins vs John Cena WWE Royal Rumble 1/25/15
2. Mil Muertes vs. Fenix Grave Consequences Match Lucha Underground 3/18/15
3. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch WWE NXT Unstoppable 5/20/15
4. Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr. PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15
5. Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville WWE NXT 1/14/15
6. Roman Reigns vs. Big Show Last Man Standing WWE Extreme Rules 4/26/15
7. Zack Sabre Jr. vs. TJ Perkins Evolve 46 7/11/15
8. Tracy Williams vs. Biff Busick Evolve 47 8/15/15
9. Timothy Thatcher vs. Zack Sabre Jr. Evolve 47 8/15/15
10. Wolves vs Austin Aries/Bobby Roode TNA Impact 5/29/15
11. Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus WWE Payback 5/17/15
12. Jay Lethal vs. Kyle O’Reilly ROH Conquest Tour: Hopkins 4/25/15
13. Tyler Breeze vs Apollo Crews WWE NXT Takeover: Respect 10/7/15
14. Johnny Gargano vs Drew Gulak Evolve 52 11/7/15
15. Adam Cole/Young Bucks/Roderick Strong vs Mike Bailey/Chris Hero/Candice LeRae/Joey Ryan Guerilla Warfare PWG All Star Weekend 11 Night 2 12/12/15
16. ACH/Matt Sydal/Cedric Alexander vs AJ Styles/Young Bucks ROH on SBG 2/14/15
17. Roderick Strong vs. Mike Bailey PWG Mystery Vortex 2015 6/26/15
18. Chris Hero vs. Tommy End PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15
19. Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End Evolve 40 3/27/15
20. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns WWE Wrestlemania 31 3/29/15

Honorable Mention
Hardys vs. The Wolves TNA Impact 1/16/15
Cedric Alexander vs Matt Sydal ROH 13th Anniversary Show 3/1/15
Josh Alexander vs. Michael Elgin ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15
Samoa Joe vs. ACH ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15
Cesaro/Tyson Kidd vs Big E Langston/Kofi Kingston WWE Extreme Rules 4/26/15
Cesaro/Tyson Kidd vs Big E Langston/Kofi Kingston 2/3 Falls WWE Payback 5/17/15
Biff Busick vs Mike Bailey Evolve 44 5/31/15
Matt Taven vs Hanson ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Collinsville 6/5/15
John Cena vs Kevin Owens WWE Money in the Bank 2015 6/14/15
Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor WWE The Beast in the East 7/4/15
Chris Hero vs Trevor Lee Evolve 45 7/10/15
Sasha Banks vs. Bayley WWE NXT Takeover Brooklyn 8/22/15
Chris Hero vs Timothy Thatcher PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2015 Stage 2 8/29/15
Kevin Owens vs Cesaro WWE Raw 8/31/15
Sasha Banks vs Bailey 30 Minute Ironwoman Match WWE NXT Takeover: Respect 10/7/15
Matt Riddle vs Drew Gulak Evolve 51 11/6/15
Timothy Thatcher vs Johnny Gargano Evolve 51 11/6/15
Drew Galloway vs Timothy Thatcher Evolve 52 11/7/15
Last edited by jman9 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 37 times in total.
http://jmanwrestlingenterprisereviews.blogspot.com
Because someone has to review matches outside the WWE. Currently doing ROH.
jman9

Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

Re: 2015 MOTYC

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 pm

Watched: AR Fox/Uhaa Nation vs. Bravado Brothers Evolve 36 1/9/15

Forced epic. Good in parts, but me and everybody in the audience barely cared.

Watched: Timothy Thatcher vs Ricochet Evolve 36 1/9/15

Good match. This was mostly a Thatcher match with him trying to ground Ricochet and go after the arm. I did like Ricochet trying to get any shot possible when there was a rope break and his selling was fine for the most, but he did seem to whiff on his kicks. Different from the usual, but I think Thatcher will have better matches this year.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs Drew Galloway Evolve 36 1/9/15

Good grudge match. They fought through the bar and through the street and Strong hasn’t had anything close to his stuff with Erick Stevens in 08. Definitely not as good as that because of the shit finish, but I do look forward to another match between them.

Watched: Timothy Thatcher vs Roderick Strong Evolve 37 1/10/15

Good physical match both on the mat and standing up, but lacking that story to bring it over the top.

Watched: Drew Galloway vs. Ricochet Evolve 37 1/10/15

Another good one. I liked the unique story Drew’s injured finger and how it always served as an issue whether Ricochet was going after it, or if he was trying to get the splint back onto it. The finish was at least different then anything I could remember with the splint coming into play unintentionally so there’s signs of a heel turn there, but I can’t quite list it.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Watched: Ascension vs Hideo Itami/Finn Balor WWE NXT 1/1/15

Just good. Ascension weren’t as bad as they usually were and Hideo had an awesome hot tag. Have to agree that Hideo’s shining Trouble in Paradise needs to axed ASAP.

Listed: Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville WWE NXT 1/14/15

Fuck it, I loved this again. This was a little more of what I expected at Takeover with the great action of there other matches with the little storyline touches in between. Takeover match had a little too much story that was getting beat over my head. I say possibly there best match, but didn’t have as much heat as there other matches. Feels like a match that could finish #20 by the end of the year, but it depends how good 2015 will be. #1 obviously.

Watched: Hideo Itami vs Tyler Breeze WWE NXT 1/21/15

Fine. I did like Tyler trying to avoid the early kicks and using his heel tricks to get an advantage, but he’s got to give me more then chinlock offence.

Listed: Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins vs John Cena WWE Royal Rumble 1/25/15

Yeah this was nuts. Lesnar being the wrestling equivalent to Doomsday is pretty much one of the few times no selling finishers can be forgiven. The story is the usual with John and Seth trying to take Brock out so they can fight it out only for Brock to come back and Suplex them to death. Video game match is a pretty accurate definition for this, but since every one of the few moves that they did looked killer, this is an early MOTYC. #1.

Watched: Aztec Warfare Match Lucha Underground 1/7/15

The best way to describe this is interesting experiment, but repetitive. The storylines and booking were there, the wrestling was dropkicks, superkicks, and the highspots although not as many as I thought there would be. I still imagine that this would be better then the Royal Rumble.

Watched: Prince Puma vs. Fenix Lucha Underground 1/14/15

Good one. Again in the same vain as a lot of those other LU singles matches with the awesome finish in the end. I don’t think that I’m convince that they will have a top tier match, but being a new generation Lucha Global is not a bad thing either.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Watched: Prince Puma vs. Cage Lucha Underground 1/28/15

Good even though Cage should have played his power game more. Bad finsh did help this either.

Watched: Angelico vs Son of Havoc Lucha Underground 2/4/15

Nice again.

Watched: Johnny Mundo vs Cage Lucha Underground 2/4/15

Maybe the closest match to be on the verge of being listable yet. They went spotfest in the first half did a DQ finish, had it restarted and did the story of Johnny’s knee there. Still not there yet, but there on the right track.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Watched: Tyson Kidd vs. Adrian Neville WWE NXT 1/28/15

Good barely. Probably a better Kidd match then Adrian match with Kidd’s attack on the head. Neville I didn’t think sold it enough and his strikes weren’t as on point as usual.

Watched: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan Casket Match WWE Smackdown 1/29/15

This was better then it had any right to be. Wasn’t a hate filled match, but was more built on the psychology of getting the other in the casket and having some teases with it. Not great, because Kane still sucks when he’s not throwing his uppercuts.

Watched: Bray Wyatt vs Dolph Ziggler WWE Raw 2/2/15

Good directionless match. Enough hurty stuff in it to not be a waste of time.

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins WWE Raw 2/2/15

I’d barely call this good. It looked like it was going the arm vs neck story, but nothing materialized from it and Bryan didn’t sell the neck enough at times. Extracurricular stuff was the best part of it, but I didn’t think it was better then the 2013 sprint.

Watched: Hideo Itami vs. Finn Balor WWE NXT 2/4/15

For a match that had no story at all, this was about as good as it could get. Everything looked nice and tight and there match should knock it out of the park when there is an actual storyline attached to this match.

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins/Jamie Noble/Joey Mercury WWE Smackdown 2/5/15

Another super smart match in a gimmick that would have limited any other wrestler not named Daniel Bryan. Did well in establishing that Bryan needed to stay away from the Authority’s corner and did well in trying to get Seth out to try to beat one of the other two. Comfortable in calling it good, but not great.

Watched: Adrian Neville vs. Finn Balor WWE NXT Takeover: Rival 2/11/15

This is a bit of a frustrating match. The first half had Adrian doing headlocks and chinlocks and was something I couldn’t get into and the second half was where all the pretty moves happened and could have been listable if the first half was 86ed. Good, but not what it could have been.

Watched: Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley WWE NXT Takeover: Rival 2/11/15

Good four way. This was a spotfest, but they roughhoused each other nice and well.

Watched: Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens WWE NXT Takeover: Rival 2/11/15

I don’t think I could quite list this. The Generico/Steen rivalry has had matches where there was just as much story to them as there was great moves and hate. This match lacked that story until the end with the concussion, which was brilliant, but wished it was done all match. It was a good normal Zayn/Owens match, but I wanted more substance.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Watched: Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns run the gauntlet. Here are the matches:

Miz/Mizdow- Put over friction between Miz and Mizdow. Served its purpose.
Usos- Best by far and a fence rider on its own getting about 20 minutes with a killer stretch run.
Matadors- Slightly competitve raw 3-4 minute match for Bryan.
O’Neill/Slater- Roman crush.
Ascension- WWE continuing to think the Ascension are good and that people care for them. As horrible as you would think.
Big Show/Kane- Show was ok, Kane is still a human stain. Had distention which may or may not go anywhere.

Absolutely good for the constant issues between Reigns and Bryan throughout the match and getting over the storylines for the other tag teams minus the ones who are doing nothing. The last two teams sunk this below the line however.

Watched: Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins WWE Raw 2/16/15

This was all of five minutes and started with a chinlock. Watch there other matches.

Watched: Adrian Neville vs Kevin Owens WWE NXT 2/18/15

Good, but I don’t buy the hype. Not long, but it took a bit to get going until the PWG like finishing run. I understand the ground the high flyer strategy, but it wasn’t that great to me.

Watched: Rusev vs. John Cena WWE Fast Lane 2/22/15

This felt like Rusev being carried by the hand by Cena. Got good in the end, but this could have been better.

Watched: Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan WWE Fast Lane 2/22/15

I just don’t see a MOTYC in this match. Good, certainly. Nice struggle throughout the match with the starting leg work, transitioning to Roman’s supplexes to come back and the eventual liver kick. I think several things hurt this overall. The crowd (like all night) was disappointing and was not as hot for Reigns as Vince thinks he is, I don’t think the match hit the high points that me go wow, and Bryan going down without getting a meaningful kickout was a deflating finish. So I’m in the minority on this one.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Watched: Mark Briscoe vs Roderick Strong ROH on SBG 1/10/15

Hot decent opening match.

Watched: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson vs. Michael Elgin ROH on SBG 1/10/15

Good, but the crazy stretch run couldn’t save the mediocre beginning.

Watched: Alberto El Patron vs Christopher Daniels ROH on SBG 1/24/15

It was alright. I wasn’t expecting a classic with Alberto trying to get the rust off and Daniels being a ceiling good wrestler at this point.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Watched: Drew Gulak vs. Chris Hero Evolve 38 3/8/15

This was good, but it lost me in the second half. The mat wrestling ruled, but the story lost me at points and there seemed to be some awkward stuff at points. It looked like Hero wanted to play a veteran vs young gun story and Gulak wanted to go work the leg. Hero’s story didn’t work because Drew didn’t fire up as much as he should have at points and Gulak’s didn’t work because Hero didn’t sell the leg and won with a freaking tombstone. Should have been great but wasn’t.

Watched: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong Steel Cage Evolve 38 3/8/15

Good. They did well with the shitty cage, but it needed more stiffness to bring it over the top.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Watched: Tomasso Ciampa/Hanson vs Michael Bennett/Matt Taven ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dayton 1/31/15

Good. Wasn’t high on the control section and the faces selling, but it had its neat moments.

Watched: Alberto El Patron vs Roderick Strong ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dayton 1/31/15

This feels like a listable match, but I just can’t quite do it for whatever reason. It went the way you thought it would go with Roderick’s taped shoulder, but with Roderick controlling which weirdly worked. They went the middle route of Alberto going after the shoulder, but not consistently so Roderick wasn’t stuck holding the arm all match. Add some blood and the payoff at the end, and should be in love with this. I might rewatch this to see if I’m crazy.

Watched: Briscoes vs Matt Sydal/ACH ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dayton 1/31/15

Good spotfest.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Watched: Mike Bailey vs. Biff Busick PWG From Out of No Where 2/27/15

Damn good opener. Too basic to be nominated but Mike’s over like hell now and got the job done.

Watched: Young Bucks vs. Monster Mafia PWG From Out of No Where 2/27/15

Low end good YB match. Mafia was good and better then Ethan as a singles wrestler, but a bit too comedy centric at times.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs. Trevor Lee PWG From Out of No Where 2/27/15

I don’t think it was that good. Strong I thought needed to give him a bigger beating in order to make this work.

Listed: Timothy Thatcher vs. Tommy End Evolve 40 3/27/15

Sweet little shoot style match straight out of UWF. It’s very much a striking vs submissions match and it stands out in a pretty sterile year so far. #2.

Watched: Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins Evolve 40 3/27/15

Good efficient bout. It was an arm vs leg storyline and both did well in selling it, but it still felt like the type of match that has been executed better in the past. Still not seeing Drew as a great wrestler still.

Watched: Chris Hero vs. Biff Busick Evolve 40 3/27/15

Good, but this needed a better crowd and better acoustics to make this work on a bigger level.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:26 am

Watched: Drew Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano WWN Supershow Mercury Rising 3/28/15

Damn good title vs title match that was inexplicably in the mid card. I wouldn’t say it had a story outside of the size vs speed, but everything hit well and the ref bumps didn’t bother me in that they played off of Gargano’s past and Drew’s story near the end. Not quite there however to list it.

Watched: Biff Busick vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJ Perkins vs. Tommy End Mercury Rising WWN Supershow 3/28/15

This sure as hell was a four way.

Watched: Chris Hero vs Timothy Thatcher WWN Supershow Mercury Rising 3/28/15

Honestly disappointing. Hero didn’t wrestle the best match with them electing to do a regular match with some Thatcher flourishes in between but without the interesting stuff that you usually see from Hero. I was hoping for more of a finish instead of Thatcher no sells Hero’s strikes and gets a lucky submission.

Watched: Austin Aries/Roderick Strong vs. Ricochet/Uhaa Nation WWN Supershow Mercury Rising 3/28/15

Fuck yeah Gen Next. Good match because of them. Won’t light your world on fire, but I miss these types of tags where they aren’t afraid to go big.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Listed: ACH/Matt Sydal/Cedric Alexander vs AJ Styles/Young Bucks ROH on SBG 2/14/15

Yeah, this was craziness. Unapologetic spotfest and with these six there was certainly going to be magic. Some would probably be put off with the rana to the floor which looked semi botched, but I thought it looked suitably reckless for the match. AJ popping up after the 450 did although it led to the finish. Take that out and it’s low end MOTYC, but it’s just below that either way, it’s still at #2 right now.

Watched: Devin Cutter/Mason Cutter vs. Brett Gakiya/CJ Esparza TLC AAW The Art of War 2/28/15

Good, but if the execution was just a bit better I could have listed this. It did have the urgency to get there although I wish the Hooligans cut some of the high flying at points and stuck to be a new generation Moondogs. Other then that I dug them, Zero Gravity played the right role in taking it to them.

Watched: Ethan Page vs. Jimmy Jacobs AAW The Art of War 2/28/15

Fine normal match.

Watched: Josh Alexander vs. Ricochet AAW The Art of War 2/28/15

Check Page/Jacobs match for my thoughts.

Watched: Joe Gacy vs. John Silver CZW Déjà vu 2015 3/14/15

Had some moments, but took too long to get going.

Watched: Alberto Del Patron vs ACH ROH on SBG 2/21/15

Good match. Too bad a portion of the match was clipped out.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs Mark Briscoe ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dearborn 1/30/15

This happened. Some good stuff, but you will forget about by tomorrow.

Watched: Alberto Del Patron vs ACH ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dearborn 1/30/15

Good match. Too bad a portion of the match was clipped out.

Watched: Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong ROH Winter Warriors Tour Dearborn 1/30/15

Good match, but same situation that I’m watching the clipped tv version. Wouldn’t have anything, but still.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:48 pm

Watched: Matt Sydal vs Delirious ROH Winter Warriors Tour Atlanta 2/21/15

Good for a while, but overstayed its welcome in the end.

Watched: Kyle O’Reilly vs Roderick Strong ROH Winter Warriors Tour Atlanta 2/21/15

I’ll say it was good, but this would have been so much better if they just didn’t bother doing body part work that was not going to mean shit in the end.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Will Ferrara vs. Jay Lethal ROH Winter Warriors Tour Atlanta 2/21/15

Good stuff. Not elite level, but it was fun.

Watched: AJ Styles vs Bobby Fish ROH Winter Warriors Tour Atlanta 2/21/15

Did nothing for me, felt like a lesser version of the Strong/O’Reilly match.

Watched: Briscoes vs Michael Bennett/Matt Taven 2/3 Falls Tag Team Armageddon ROH Winter Warriors Tour Atlanta 2/21/15

1st fall- Regular match
2nd fall- Tables match
3rd fall- Falls Count Anywhere

First fall was nothing, peaked during the tables match, and I think it was a bit too slow in the last fall. Meh.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Watched: Alberto Del Patron vs El Texano Jr. Lucha Underground 3/4/15

First LU match I didn’t dig. They were trying to put this over as a grudge match, but wasn’t really fought as one with a finish that felt more political then justifiable.

Watched: Johnny Mundo vs. King Cuerno Steel Cage Lucha Underground 3/11/15

Another good one. I thought this was more of a moves match then a big cage blow off, but both had enough memorable moves in it and was helped by having no door escapes.

Watched: Drago vs. AeroStar Lucha Underground 3/18/15

OK short spotfest.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Watched: Cesaro/Tyson Kidd vs. Usos WWE Raw 2/23/15

More of a fence rider then I thought. Some fast efficient tag wrestling here. Too bad we missed how they got to the control section.

Watched: Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton/Seth Rollins WWE Raw 2/23/15

Very much a match. A fine match with the stuff with Orton/Rollins leading to the antithesis of that with Daniel/Roman which was a nice touch.

Watched: Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte WWE NXT 3/4/15

Some nice stretching, but it left me cold otherwise.

Watched: Gauntlet Match WWE Smackdown 3/19/15

The matches:
Dean Ambrose vs Stardust-short and pointless
Dean Ambrose vs R-Truth-shorter and pointlesser
Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper-nice match with arm work
Luke Harper vs Daniel Bryan-nice match with leg work
Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler-nice match with even-steven work

As you can tell from my sarcasm this really seemed to lack a spark to really make the matches better then they looked on paper.

Watched: Kevin Owens vs Finn Balor WWE NXT 3/25/15

Good match because of Kevin and not Finn. This was more of a Steen like performance with his trolling of the crowd and general assbeating. Finn didn’t really sell his leg well enough to make this great.

Watched: Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R-Truth vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust Ladder Match WWE Wrestlemania 31 3/29/15

Good typical ladder you would expect. The stuff with Bryan/Ziggler in the end was great stuff.

Watched: Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins WWE Wrestlemania 31 3/29/15

It was fine regular match until that final RKO which bumps it up to good status.

Watched: Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker WWE Wrestlemania 31 3/29/15

There is methodical and there is the dragging in this match.

Listed: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns WWE Wrestlemania 31 3/29/15

This is a listable match and maybe even top 20 by the end of the year, but I’m not quite convinced that it is great. Roman is game to die in the match and he does die a lot in this, but I do get a sense of déjà vu when this was the Cena/Lesnar feud. The three-way worked because you had the story of Cena/Seth trying to take Brock out of the match and there sequences when he was out to add variety to it. The ending was genius in that it protected both wrestlers and was legitimately surprising. #3.

Watched: Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan WWE Raw 3/30/15

Good match without a lot of direction. Yes, it was definitely stiffer and with a hot crowd, but they did most of this in the smackdown gauntlet so it’s not really as fresh.

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs John Cena WWE Raw 3/30/15

I’m struggling to call this good. This struck me as a directionless epic without any of the moments to make it as such.

Watched: Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze 2/3 Falls WWE NXT 4/1/15

Waste of a 2/3 falls match.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Listed: Cedric Alexander vs Matt Sydal ROH 13th Anniversary Show 3/1/15

Hell of an under 10 minute opener. The match had little story flourishes with Cedric taking the match very seriously with Sydal trying to have a little fun. Other then that and the early leg work we got into the spots getting hit very cleanly in front of a hot crowd was dynamite. Wouldn’t list this in other years with how slow its been here, this will get the #6 spot.

Watched: AJ Styles vs ACH ROH 13th Anniversary Show 3/1/15

Good, but like the Alberto/Strong match, great story, but it just seemed to miss something. The story with ACH being cockier then usual by ripping off some AJ’s trademarks and getting killed for was great, but it seemed to drag at points where I thought they were overselling.

Watched: reDragon vs Young Bucks ROH 13th Anniversary Show 3/1/15

Good, because the Young Bucks can’t be fucked with. Going the storyless spotfest route was for the best, but there matches in the past had more substance to it. Still too much insane shit not to watch.

Watched: Jay Lethal vs Alberto Del Patron ROH 13th Anniversary Show 3/1/15

Some good stuff, but the interference sunk this.

Watched: Jimmy Jacobs/BJ Whitmer vs. Rocky Romero/Trent Barreta ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15

Wasn’t that good. Not a good performance by BJ.

Listed: Josh Alexander vs. Michael Elgin ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15

Some pretty stiff insanity in this one. Just an ugly strong style match in the best way possible. Elgin’s been an enigma of late, but he will hit you hard space out his moves accordingly. #6.

Listed: Samoa Joe vs. ACH ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15

God damn I missed ROH Joe. Pretty much ACH tries to step up to Joe and Joe beats him into a fine paste. It is what you expected it to be, but because this show seemed to be miced better then the 13th anniversary show it feels a little extra violent. Similar in quality to the Elgin/Alexander match, but this is a Joe match we’ve seen in the past so it goes below it. #7.

Watched: reDRagon vs. Jay Briscoe/Jay Lethal ROH Conquest Tour: Milwaukee 3/13/15

Good match. Did well in putting over the issues of Briscoe/Lethal while still having a good tag match.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Watched: Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus WWE Smackdown 4/2/15

Good and stiff, but they’ve had better matches in 2012.

Watched: Neville vs Seth Rollins WWE Raw 4/6/15

Didn’t impress at all even though they had the Flair vs undercarder formula there.

Watched: Stardust vs John Cena WWE Raw 4/6/15

Strange match with Stardust getting controlled by Cena. It didn’t work.

Watched: Big Show/Wade Barrett/Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns/Dolph Ziggler WWE Smackdown 4/9/15

Good I guess maybe more for Ziggler’s sections.

Watched: John Cena vs Wade Barrett WWE Raw 4/13/15

The selling in this gave this a house showish feel despite the hot crowd.

Watched: Dolph Ziggler vs Neville WWE Raw 4/13/15

All of 6 minutes were shown. Wouldn’t quite call it good, but that 450 off the barricade was nuts.

Watched: Sami Zayn vs Rhyno WWE NXT 4/15/15

The story was there, but Rhyno was a bit too methodical.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Watched: Ethan Page vs. Jimmy Jacobs Falls Count Anywhere AAW Epic: The 11 Year Anniversary 3/21/15

Good, but it took a bit too long too get going.

Watched: Andrew Everett vs Trevor Lee CZW Proving Ground 2015 5/9/15

Good showcase match for these two, but I still think it could have been better.

Watched: Sheamus vs Neville WWE Smackdown 4/16/15

Good match although the DQ finish was kind of done stupidly.

Watched: Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler WWE Raw 4/20/15

Wildly disappointing considering these were the two best wrestlers of 2014.

Watched: Becky Lynch vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte WWE NXT 4/22/15

Good story, but the finish should have ended in a draw.

Listed: Cesaro/Tyson Kidd vs Big E Langston/Kofi Kingston WWE Extreme Rules 4/26/15

Yeah this ruled shit for the 10ish minutes it got. The New Day being heels is the best thing to happen to them, Cesaro can do his crazy strength spots to the face pops they deserve, and Kidd is in the face role he was back in 2012 which I think suits him better as a wrestler. Enough crazy shit and a hot bring it on the list. #6.

Listed: Roman Reigns vs. Big Show Last Man Standing WWE Extreme Rules 4/26/15

Probably Show’s best match since his stuff with Del Rio in 2013. This was a bomb throwing match, but structured and spaced out better then usual. Show brought the trash talking and stayed the hell away from the slow methodical offence and bumped like hell to get Roman over and to have him earn the victory. #4.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs. Samoa Joe ROH Conquest Tour: Chicago 3/14/15

Not as good as it should have been. I was expecting more of a stiff bomb throwing match and I didn’t think we got any of that.

Watched: Christopher Daniels/Kazarian vs ACH/Matt Sydal ROH on SBG 3/14/15

Given time, but took too long to get going.

Watched: Young Bucks vs Matt Taven/Michael Bennett ROH on SBG 3/14/15

Bucks tried there damnist but Bennett sucks too much.

Watched: Johnny Gargano/Dave Crist/Jake Crist vs. ACH/Davey Vega/Mat Fitchett AAW Hell Hath No Fury 4/10/15

Fun match. A crowd pleasing spotfest for the most part with some spots not making as much sense as others, but I liked it in a dumb sort of way.

Watched: Josh Alexander vs. Samoa Joe AAW Hell Hath No Fury 4/10/15

Better then the Elgin match, but Josh didn’t seemed to be stiff enough to make this great.

Watched: Candice LeRae vs Flip Kendrick vs Joshua Singh vs Abe Jackson vs Alessandro Del Bruno vs Tyler Thomas AIW I Choo, Choo, Choose You 2/20/15

Ridiculous, but fun.

Watched: Mike Bailey vs. Trevor Lee PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15

Quite the insane little war, but I don’t quite think its great. I’ll just say I’ve seen better spotfests this year.

Listed: Chris Hero vs. Tommy End PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15

Sweet little striker war. Quite a bit similar in structure to the last match, but this happened to tick enough of the boxes with the crowd heat and great striking. There were some no sell spots in the beginning, but then it righted itself by the end. No story there, but had more memorable stuff overall then say the End/Thatcher which will go above it for now. #6.

Watched: Chris Sabin/Matt Sydal vs. Monster Mafia PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15

Good match. Probably not half as good as some of the YB matches, Ethan's jawjacking with crowd kept this from being boring.

Watched: Andrew Everett vs. Ricochet PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15

Actually thought that this was good. Felt like one of Ricochet better matches where everything seemed to have a great snap to it. Take Andrew’s horrible control out in the beginning then maybe its listable, but alas.

Listed: Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr. PWG Don’t Sweat the Technique 4/3/15

Close to a MOTYC, but not quite there. Felt like a hybrid of the Strong/Del Patron match this year and O’Reilly/Sabre Jr. match from BOLA 2014. Strong mostly controlled, but Zack would sprinkle in the armwork and go for submissions while Strong would slowly sell the damage. The finish probably would have been better if Kyle O’Reilly of all people didn’t execute a better desperation KO finish last year. Still, this closest very good match of the bunch and is #2.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Watched: Frankie Kazarian vs. Michael Elgin ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Barely good. Frankie should have sold his neck a little better, but this was better then I thought it would be.

Watched: Andrew Everett vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal vs. Moose vs. Tommaso Ciampa ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Another barely good match. Could have been cleaner and points. I see the hype for Moose, but I think he lacks ring awareness at times.

Watched: BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy Jacobs No DQ ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Your not necessarily going to watch this match for the quality of it since this is Jimmy’s last ROH match. It was OK, maybe even good, but the ending was disappointing considering everything BJ took. The after match stuff is great if you’re a fan of old school ROH.

Watched: Christopher Daniels vs Roderick Strong ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Good match. Went the obvious destroy the back route when Elgin destroyed Daniels earlier in the night and it was fine.

Watched: The Kingdom vs reDragon ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

This peaked in the beginning. Bennett is still dragging the Kingdom down and the ending where Kyle hurt his ankle and then the stupid KRD interference happened dragged it farther down.

Watched: Jushin Thunder Liger vs Jay Lethal ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Still hard to believe that Liger is still good after all these years. This was nothing more then Liger scouting all of Lethal’s stuff, but man he’s so good at it. Another good one.

Watched: Samoa Joe vs Jay Briscoe ROH Supercard of Honor IX 3/27/15

Good. They played it as a bombfest not as much in stiffness, but in the strike combinations that they would throw. The problem with this is pretty much my problem with this show with Kevin and Cole being locked in a room commentating it and it just sounding awful.

Watched: Samoa Joe vs Kyle O’Reilly ROH on SBG 3/28/15

Good, although Kyle didn’t bring the stiffness.

Watched: AJ Styles vs Mark Briscoe ROH on SBG 4/4/15

Alright, but there was nothing to really latch on.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs Cedric Alexander ROH on SBG 4/18/15

This may have been the match of the day so far. I bit too many mistakes in the early going, but this was a nice and stiff match otherwise.

Watched: reDRagon vs. The Addiction ROH on SBG 4/25/15

Good one. Didn’t do shit with Kaz’s arm, but it was for the best. The angle was fine if you can get past how elaborate it was and I would never have guessed Sabin so I guess it worked.

Watched: Jay Lethal vs. Tommaso Ciampa ROH on SBG 5/2/15

It was good fun in a stupid way. A bit too much botching and no selling and a mediocre middle prevent this from being listable.

Watched: Chris Sabin vs Kyle O’Reilly ROH on SBG 5/9/15

Good barely. I don’t think there was any intention of going after the cut because SBG gave it the black and white treatment even though it didn’t look bad in the least. Somewhat spirited, but probably not hate filled enough.

Watched: Briscoes/Roderick Strong vs Matt Sydal/ACH/Alberto Del Patron ROH on SBG 5/9/15

Good fun six man, but it just seemed to lose momentum in the end.

Watched: Chris Sabin vs. KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O’Reilly ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

Decent three way.

Watched: Beretta/Rocky Romero vs. Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian vs. Adam Page/BJ Whitmer ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

This was a thing.

Watched: ACH vs. Shinsuke Nakamura ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

Good. Kind of the same quality as the Nakamura/Steen match last year. With it not being too serious.

Watched: Jay Lethal vs. Tetsuya Naito ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

Hated it. Boring as hell.

Watched: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Michael Elgin ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

Terrible match by Tanahashi with some bad botches.

Watched: Jay Briscoe/Roderick Strong/Hanson/Ray Rowe/Mark Briscoe vs. AJ Styles/Matt Jackson/Nick Jackson/Karl Anderson/Doc Gallows ROH Global Wars Night 1 5/15/15

Total popcorn match, but lots of fun. I think if ROH followed it better I could see listing it, but I felt I missed a lot of chaos at points.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat May 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Watched: KUSHIDA vs. Roderick Strong ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

Good, but not as great as it is being hyped as. Strong obviously worked the back and while KUSHIDA sold it well when being controlled, it was ignored by the end.

Watched: Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian vs. Matt Taven/Michael Bennett vs. Young Bucks ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

The story of this match was everybody gave a shit about the Young Bucks and no one gave a shit about the other two teams. I was sort of amused with Bennett getting his ass kicked the entire match.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs Tatsuya Naito ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

Not good.

Watched: Hiroshi Tanahashi/Jushin Thunder Liger vs. reDRagon ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

Good. They didn’t do too much, but there was enough nice stuff in it.

Watched: Adam Cole vs. AJ Styles ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

No direction to this either.

Watched: Kazuchika Okada/Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Briscoes ROH War of the Worlds Night 1 5/12/15

Meh. It felt like they were going through the motions for most of it which was kind of he theme of the show.

Listed: Mil Muertes vs. Fenix Grave Consequences Match Lucha Underground 3/18/15

Took a while to see this, but this was pretty awesome. This was the bloody spectacle that lived up to the possibilities of what a casket match should be. MOTYC, it’s close. Some stuff could have been set up better, but it’s the best of the very good matches in the least. #2.

Watched: Prince Puma vs. Cage Boyle Heights Street Fight Lucha Underground 3/25/15

Good match, but I didn’t like the booking of the finish especially since it was that obvious that Cage had the match won.

Watched: Angelico vs Johnny Mundo Lucha Underground 4/1/15

Close to good, but it did feel a little rehearsed at points.

Watched: Cage/El Texano Jr./King Cuerno vs. Johnny Mundo/Hernandez/Prince Puma Lucha Underground 4/15/15

Really fun. A bit too squashy to be listable, but a good amount of crowd pleasing spots to make this good.

Watched: Big Ryck/Killshot/The Mack vs. Son of Havoc/Ivelisse/Angelico vs. Cage/King Cuerno/El Texano Jr. Elimination Lucha Underground 4/22/15

The only thing of note with this is that I get to see Willie Mack wrestle again. I’m ok with that.

Watched: Alberto El Patron vs. Johnny Mundo Lucha Underground 5/6/15

It was ok.

Watched: Sexy Star vs. King Cuerno vs. Killshot vs. The Mack vs. Fenix vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Cage Lucha Underground 5/13/15

Good fray.

Watched: Angelico/Son of Havoc/Ivelisse vs. The Crew Ladder Match Lucha Underground 5/20/15

Good barely. Some great stuff, especially the Angelico dropkick, but it’s hard to say how better it would have been if Ivelisse wasn’t injured.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:49 pm

Watched: Michael Elgin vs KUSHIDA ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

I struggle to call this good despite Elgin’s good arm selling. Just too many mess ups, and it being more even then it should be.

Watched: Kyle O’Reilly vs Tatsuya Naito ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

The early comedy almost tricked me into thinking it would be good. Eventually, it lived up to its shittiness.

Watched: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Jay Lethal ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

Good four way.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs Hiroshi Tanahashi ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

First tough one of these New Japan supershows. The match goes ok enough in the beginning, but then Tanahashi hits a flying forearm and Strong is busted open and it adds a ton to it. Still, I don’t think this was better then Strong/Alberto match which had a similar situation, but a tighter story. So slight no.

Watched: Kazuchika Okada/Gedo vs Christopher Daniels/Kazarian ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

Ok with the only highlight being Red Shoes wanting to fight Christopher Daniels.

Watched: Jay Briscoe vs. Bobby Fish ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

Good despite the wretched crowd, but the ending fell flat for me.

Watched: AJ Styles/Young Bucks vs Adam Cole/Michael Bennett/Matt Taven ROH War of the Worlds Night 2 5/13/15

This felt like something straight out of PWG. The thing that hurts this is the middle where there was too much Bennett in it and some lulls near the end. It’s another one that is a barely no at this point, but I may be at the point where I may have to list my line riders if nothing better is turning up.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:31 am

Watched: Timothy Thatcher vs. TJ Perkins Evolve 42 4/18/15

Good. Both went after the other’s arm and both sold well. Probably a bit too scaled back and the finish I thought could have worked better if it was applied faster.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs. Biff Busick Evolve 42 4/18/15

Good, but I’ve seen better from Strong. The finish is another Gabeism that needs to die in a fire.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Watched: Randy Orton/Roman Reigns vs Kane/Seth Rollins WWE Raw 4/27/15

Was ok, but would have benefited from nixing Orton’s FIP.

Watched: Big E. Langston/Kofi Kingston/Xavier Woods vs. Roman Reigns/Randy Orton WWE Raw 5/4/15

Better version of last weeks tag. New day was better unit, and this was timed out better. I’ll say it was good.

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins WWE Raw 5/4/15

Good, but it definitely couldn’t compare to there matches last year.

Watched: John Cena vs Sami Zayn WWE Raw 5/4/15

This was actually closer to being listed then I would have thought. Of course it’s hurt by the fact that Zayn was injured, but it was helped by the hot crowd.

Watched: Hideo Itami vs Tyler Breeze WWE NXT 5/6/15

Good, and probably there best match together, but with the same flaws that all Breeze matches have with his reliance on the chinlock.

Watched: John Cena vs. Neville WWE Raw 5/11/15

Cena’s best US title match yet. Great, not quite. It needed better acoustics and more urgency to really bring it over the top. Best of the day though.

Watched: Kane vs. Roman Reigns No DQ WWE Smackdown 5/14/15

This could have been worse, but was actually ok.

Listed: Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus WWE Payback 5/17/15

Very good. This was played along the lines of a grudge match and Dolph was awesome going after Sheamus. Ziggler got some revenge, Sheamus looked strong until the insane Ziggler headbutt/superkick almost put him away where Ziggler was a sitting duck when he was bleeding from the head. #10.

Listed: Cesaro/Tyson Kidd vs Big E Langston/Kofi Kingston 2/3 Falls WWE Payback 5/17/15

Another sweet match from these two teams. This was mostly spotfest, but doing just well enough to make the most of each fall. My video did miss a little bit of stuff and some stuff could have looked a little better, but this was every bit as fun as last month. #12.

Watched: Bray Wyatt vs Ryback WWE Payback 5/17/15

Good straight to the point hoss fight.

Watched: John Cena vs Rusev I Quit WWE Payback 5/17/15

Good, but bloated and taking too many cues from other Cena matches.

Watched: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose WWE Payback 5/17/15

Very fun, but way too much Authority interference.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt WWE Raw 5/18/15

Good.

Watched: Tyler Breeze vs. Finn Balor WWE NXT Unstoppable 5/20/15

Another good one.

Listed: Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch WWE NXT Unstoppable 5/20/15

This is on the line between a very good match and a MOTYC. Becky tips her hand by going after Sasha’s arm in the early going so Sash goes after Becky’s arm and goes full Bryan Danielson on it. Becky comes back and returns the favor. People were saying that Becky didn’t sell the arm, and I don’t find that to be true especially on the dive catch. It’ll take time to consider if this belongs with the 3-way, but this should be top 20. #3.

Watched: Seth Rollins/Kane vs Dean Ambrose/Roman Reigns WWE Raw 5/25/15

Good tv tag match. Dean and Roman need to team up against better opponents however.

Watched: John Cena vs Kevin Owens WWE Elimination Chamber 5/31/15

Good, but felt too much like a textbook epic. If your not going to give a story, then the action has to blow me away. Some cool stuff, but not enough outside of the end result.

Watched: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins WWE Elimination Chamber 5/31/15

This legit bored me. All there other match have been better then this.

Listed: Hardys vs. The Wolves TNA Impact 1/16/15

Man, this was every bit as fun as last year. This was about 10ish minutes of normal tag team wrestling, but done by four masters of this craft. #12.

Watched: Bobby Roode vs Austin Aries TNA Impact 2/13/15

Alright, but a very flat ending.

Watched: Samoa Joe vs Austin Aries TNA Impact 2/27/15

Waste of a usually awesome matchup.

Watched: Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode Last Man Standing TNA Impact 3/13/15

Meh. The punches were good, but this felt too normal of a match at times.

Watched: Rockstar Spud vs EC3 Hair vs Hair Match TNA Impact 3/13/15

Heck of a spectatcle, but not list worthy. The hot crowd and the blood added a lot to this, but the blatant cheating in front of the ref hurt it for me.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Watched: ACH vs. Michael Elgin ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Amarillo 5/29/15

Good, but they’ve done better. Still, Elgin save of an ACH botch was spectacular.

Watched: Roderick Strong/Hanson/Ray Rowe vs. Adam Cole/Matt Taven/Michael Bennett ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Amarillo 5/29/15

Good 6 man.

Watched: BJ Whitmer vs. Hanson vs. Michael Bennett ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Oklahoma City 5/30/15

Overachieved. The two wrestlers I don’t like just threw great punches and it ended up being a more tolerable match because of it.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs Will Ferrara ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Oklahoma City 5/30/15

Good. Felt like one of those flashbacks when Strong would face a member of Special K.

Watched: Adam Cole vs ACH ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Oklahoma City 5/30/15

Honestly felt like a house show match.

Watched: Jay Briscoe vs. Hanson ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Oklahoma City 5/30/15

I’d barely call this good. Some fine stuff, but there’s mostly no direction to most of these ROH matches.

Watched: Davey Richards vs. Johnny Gargano Evolve 41 4/17/15

Good for Johnny, bad at points because of Davey. Average in all.

Watched: Timothy Thatcher vs. Roderick Strong 2/3 Falls Evolve 41 4/17/15

Good, but not great. This weirdly felt like a match that didn’t need the 2/3 falls situation not that it was short, but that the theme was mostly the same with Thatcher’s arm strategy. That’s fine, but I feel he needs to bust out another strategy at this point.

Watched: Bobby Lashley vs. Kurt Angle TNA Impact 3/20/15

They fooled me with the nice build in the beginning and then it became every terrible Angle epic ever.

Watched: Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode Submission Match TNA Impact 4/3/15

Alright, but of course they went with a lame ass ref bump.

Watched: Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Lashley TNA Impact 4/3/15

This was slightly better. This was more towards Lashley’s pace then Angle’s and was a little more tolerable.

Watched: Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Eric Young TNA Impact 4/10/15

Meh.

Watched: Anthony Nese vs. Rey Horrus Evolve 43 5/30/15

Good I guess. Horrus was good, but he needs a better opponent then Nese.

Watched: Caleb Konley vs. Davey Richards Evolve 43 5/30/15

Better Davey match then the Gargano one. Didn’t do the trading submission crap and didn’t force himself to sell anything. IS more notable for Drew Gulak’s commentary which I didn’t think he had in him.

Watched: Mike Bailey vs. TJ Perkins Evolve 43 5/30/15

I want to list this, but I just can’t. Sadly, it falls on Mike here. Great beginning with no tie ups, but just sections of realistic striking. TJ works on the leg, but Mike’s selling wasn’t up to snuff. If it didn’t matter in the end, then maybe I could look past it, but it did and it hurt the match.

Watched: Chris Hero vs. Trevor Lee Evolve 43 5/30/15

Good, but not at the level of the PWG match from last year. Lacked the aggression, and didn’t have quite enough stiffness to it. There was some leg work too, but Lee was selling after the fact.

Watched: Johnny Gargano/Rich Swann vs. Drew Gulak/Tracy Williams Evolve 43 5/30/15

Good tag. Interesting dynamic with the DGUSA style wrestlers vs Evolve wrestlers which gave it a somewhat unique feel. Weirdly they had Gargano in most of it when he had his leg worked on, which he sold fine, but Swann should have been in there more. Gulak had his leg hurt legit on the outside and I thought he should have deferred to Tracy who was good and probably could have handled it as well. Get the healthier guys in and it would have had a shot.

Watched: Drew Galloway vs. Biff Busick Evolve 43 5/30/15

Good in a grudge matchy sort of way.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Watched: Inner City Machine Guns vs Drew Gulak/Biff Busick PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

Wasn’t that impressed. Would have benefited from being shorter.

Watched: Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett vs Matt Sydal/Mike Bailey PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

Good, but just a bit too much messiness in it.

Watched: Inner City Machine Guns vs Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

Good and better match from Trevorette, but they were dicking around way too much in the beginning.

Watched: TJ Perkins v Johnny Gargano PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

Barely good. This was more filler as a means of separating the semi finals from title match/finals.

Watched: Roderick Strong vs Brian Cage vs Chris Hero PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

This wasn’t bad, but it fatigued me at times.

Watched: Beaver Boys vs Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett PWG DDT4 2015 5/22/15

Good match. Beaver Boys go after the leg of Andrew and it is sold well. Still with a lot of matches these days, the match just didn’t have that spark to bring it over the top.

Watched: Dave Crist & Jake Crist vs. Brett Gakiya & CJ Esparza AAW Take No Prisoners 2015 5/1/15

This needed less fuckups to be great.

Watched: Davey Richards vs. Tommaso Ciampa AAW Take No Prisoners 2015 5/1/15

This certainly was a Davey Richards match.

Watched: Chris Sabin vs. Johnny Gargano AAW Take No Prisoners 2015 5/1/15

OK I guess.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Watched: Adam Page vs ACH ROH Conquest Tour: Hopkins 4/25/15

Good I guess.

Watched: Hanson/Ray Rowe vs Briscoes ROH Conquest Tour: Hopkins 4/25/15

Near the line, but not quite there. Stiff and somewhat uncooperative fight at points. If had a better Rowe performance then it would have had a shot, but he didn’t assert himself enough.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Watched: Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian vs. Delirious/Matt Sydal ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Collinsville 6/5/15

About as good of a match as your going to get with Delirious wrestling the majority of it.

Listed: Matt Taven vs Hanson ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Collinsville 6/5/15

Weirdly liked this more then I thought. Not really any story outside of the taking the air out the ball strategy with Taven, but everything seemed to hit on point and it got the most of this match-up. Even the one-count worked in that it led to Taven panicking and trying to take the short cut with Bennett. #18.

Watched: Raymond Rowe vs Jay Lethal ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Collinsville 6/5/15

Too boring when Lethal was in control.

Watched: Jay Briscoe/Roderick Strong vs Michael Elgin/Moose ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Collinsville 6/5/15

Mediocre.

Watched: Dalton Castle vs. Roderick Strong ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Nashville 6/6/15

Good match, but just not quite enough. I like Dalton’s dead lift supplexes and his character, but needs to tone it down at certain points.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs. Matt Sydal ROH Road to Best in the World 2015: Nashville 6/6/15

Good, but Elgin needs to stop working even with people he is bigger then.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Watched: Finn Balor vs Rhyno WWE NXT 6/3/15

Good for its intended purpose, but won’t blow you away.

Watched: Roman Reigns vs Kofi Kingston WWE Raw 6/8/15

Fine for Xavier being a loud mouth cheerleader on the side.

Watched: Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins WWE Smackdown 6/11/15

OK, but they’ve had too many better matches.

Watched: Randy Orton vs. Neville vs. Roman Reigns vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler Ladder Match WWE Money in the Bank 2015 6/14/15

Good I guess. Too many wrestlers were waiting on the outside to be anything more.

Listed: John Cena vs Kevin Owens WWE Money in the Bank 2015 6/14/15

Better then there other match and I would even say very good. They didn’t bother with any control section and just made it a bombfest which made this more enjoyable to me. It did have littlke more of a story with Kevin using more of Cena’s stuff in the early going to screw with him and Cena having to bust out new moves to survive. Who knows if it’ll be top 20 by the end, but this lived up to the hype more then there other match. #11.

Watched: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose Ladder Match WWE Money in the Bank 2015 6/14/15

Good although overkilly and too long. Closer to listability then I would have guessed because of the leg work and selling, but just not quite.

Watched: Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler WWE Raw 6/15/15

Damn good as I expected. Didn’t go in the direction I was hoping with the ribs, but it was about as good of a normal as you would hope with this match up.

Watched: Antonio Cesaro vs Kevin Owens WWE Smackdown 6/19/15

It looked like it was getting really good, but then it sort of abruptly finished.

Watched: Finn Balor vs Rhyno WWE NXT 6/24/15

Might have been good, but I was too distracted by Owens awesome commentary.

Watched: John Cena vs. Cesaro WWE Raw 6/29/15

Fencerider. There a lot of cool stuff to it, but no direction to it except that it’s a match, like all there other matches. This at least stood out more with the hot crowd and Cesaro coming close to winning it until the bs finish. Still, I need them to give me something more at this point. Slight no.

Watched: Kevin Owens/Rhyno vs Finn Balor/Samoa Joe WWE NXT 7/1/15

Good tag and Holy Shit Joe is in a WWE ring.

Watched: Ethan Page vs Johnny Gargano Evolve 44 5/31/15

Good match with a shit finish.

Listed: Biff Busick vs Mike Bailey Evolve 44 5/31/15

So violent. This was sort of the touring variety match like the PWG match, but this just seemed to have a bit more force to it, despite some slipping. Doesn’t have the story of the CZW match, but is probably the best of this touring match so far. #13.

Watched: Davey Richards vs Drew Gulak Evolve 44 5/31/15

Good. Drew did well in making this a slower Davey match then usual although some would consider Davey’s selling as laughable at times. Still, better than usual.

Watched: Drew Galloway vs Roderick Strong Evolve 44 5/31/15

It was alright, but it just seemed to drag as it went on.
jman9

PostPosted by jman9 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Watched: Rich Swann vs Trent Barreta Evolve 45 7/10/15

Dragged way too much in the beginning considering it was supposed to be a hate filled contest.

Listed: Chris Hero vs Trevor Lee Evolve 45 7/10/15

I liked this better then there last match and was a more aggressive match from Lee. He had some freakish dead lift spots, had a great variety of shots, and did well in avoiding the piledrivers. Hero did his job well, but I feel he’s been better in the past. Lee’s performance however was enough to list it. #15.

Watched: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Roderick Strong Evolve 45 7/10/15

Man, I can’t see myself listing this. They do a lot of the things that they did in the PWG match, but with not as much of a clear cut story. Maybe Zack’s brief arm work and Strong’s stomps/kicks, but I feel like I’m reaching there. I also didn’t like the superplex into the arm breaker, so that is the clincher in me not listing.

Watched: Drew Galloway vs. Timothy Thatcher Evolve 45 7/10/15

Good. Tim was throwing more strikes then usual and showing a nice amount of aggression against Drew. The finish was half lame with the ref stuff and half awesome with Drew saying he had to break his arm with Tim pulling back even farther. Still felt like the type of finish you would see in the midcard and not a main event these days.

Watched: Michael Elgin vs. Roderick Strong vs. Moose ROH Best in the World 2015 6/19/15

Barely good spotfest.

Watched: AJ Styles/Young Bucks vs Adam Cole/Michael Bennett/Matt Taven ROH Best in the World 2015 6/19/15

It was every bit as good as the other match this year, but with a surprisingly bad hot tag from AJ.

Watched: Jay Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal ROH Best in the World 2015 6/19/15

Good, if you can get past the majority of the pedestrian beginning. I know it’s a double title match, but if I’m being told that these wrestlers both hate each other, I would expect more stiffness and aggression. Instead it felt like a match for the majority of it and is remembered for the end result. That said, I’m fine with Briscoe losing the title. I’m not the highest on Lethal, but Briscoe was never a guy I trusted to have very good to great singles matches. Lethal is more of a crap shoot, but I feel I can get a more enjoyable singles match out of him then Briscoe.
jman9

Next

Return to General Wrestling