Official "Say What's On Your Mind" thread.

Non-wrestling/MMA topics and chat are welcomed here.

Re: Official "Say What's On Your Mind" thread.

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 am

bountyhunter wrote:

Well, he's doing well for himself now. I hear that his latest venture, after saving Jake the Snake, is going to be attempting to save Scott Hall. If he manages to get Hall clean, he should be a Hall of Famer on principle.
Longshot
Site Admin

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: La Parka

CM Punk
Favorite Show: Whatever is on.
Know more holds than Y2J?: I know over 1004 holds!

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:17 am

Just beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. The game was quite challenging, especially the final boss (oh, and his theme rocks). Learning to read your enemies attacks & dodge or block/parry them is the most important part of the gameplay, and it felt very rewarding once I got down some of the patterns. Sadly, while the story wasn't actively horrible or anything, I was dissapointed by the lack of tie-ins and references to the previous Metal Gear games.
DBry 3:16 says YES! YES! YES!
LegendKillerRAB

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Randy Orton
Know more holds than Y2J?: I don't know over 1004 holds.

PostPosted by Narcissist » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:23 am

Hello....anyone here?
Narcissist

PostPosted by Longshot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 am

Narcissist wrote:Hello....anyone here?

Here and there.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by ArJay » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 pm

What Shot said.
ArJay

Favorite Wrestler/Fighter: Chris Jericho
Favorite Show: Raw

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:08 am

This doesn't warrant a thread or anything, but I just watched Sami Callahan vs John Morrison from last August. I forgot how fucking good Morrison can be. If WWE was going to bring anyone back, it should be him before Batista. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Batista brought back if he does the gimmick he was doing at the end of his last run.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by Astroblack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 am

Speaking of Batista, do WWE ever mention him? Seems like the forgotten man in WWE nowadays and they really gave him a big role in the company not too long ago.
Hey, listen to Blu.
Astroblack

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 am

I check this site once or twice a week for signs of life, I was starting to give up hope. I feel guilty saying this, but I'd love douchebag "Gimme a spotlight" heel Batista back in the E. Sadly, since the rumor is he'd feud with Lesnar, he'd most likely come back as a face as I can't see Lesnar turning at all. As far as mentioning him, I seem to remember them promoting him recently due to his involvement in one of their upcoming DVDs, though I forget if it was on TV or just on WWE.com. Morrison coming back I'm not sure I'd want to see, as I think he'd wind up in the exact same JTTS position he was in when he left (unless he somehow learned to cut a decent promo while he was gone).
LegendKillerRAB

PostPosted by Longshot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Astroblack wrote:Speaking of Batista, do WWE ever mention him? Seems like the forgotten man in WWE nowadays and they really gave him a big role in the company not too long ago.

In all fairness, they don't really mention most guys who aren't currently in the company. Lesnar wasn't really mentioned at all until Punk name dropped him in his big promo. Angle doesn't get mentioned. Ultimate Warrior, nada.

LegendKillerRAB wrote:I check this site once or twice a week for signs of life, I was starting to give up hope. I feel guilty saying this, but I'd love douchebag "Gimme a spotlight" heel Batista back in the E. Sadly, since the rumor is he'd feud with Lesnar, he'd most likely come back as a face as I can't see Lesnar turning at all. As far as mentioning him, I seem to remember them promoting him recently due to his involvement in one of their upcoming DVDs, though I forget if it was on TV or just on WWE.com. Morrison coming back I'm not sure I'd want to see, as I think he'd wind up in the exact same JTTS position he was in when he left (unless he somehow learned to cut a decent promo while he was gone).

I don't think so. WWE is lacking uppercard babyfaces and Morrison would immediately provide one. I'm not saying he'd immediately be World Champion, but by the time he was winding down with WWE, he was getting occasional title shots. I always enjoyed his promos because they were completely different than everyone else's while he was trying to cultivate the Shaman persona. Also, even if he were in the exact same spot on the card as before, that still means he'd wrestle solid matches against guys like Cesaro or Barrett and steal the show at MiTB and Elimination Chamber. What's not to like about that?
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by LegendKillerRAB » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 am

Longshot wrote: I don't think so. WWE is lacking uppercard babyfaces and Morrison would immediately provide one. I'm not saying he'd immediately be World Champion, but by the time he was winding down with WWE, he was getting occasional title shots. I always enjoyed his promos because they were completely different than everyone else's while he was trying to cultivate the Shaman persona. Also, even if he were in the exact same spot on the card as before, that still means he'd wrestle solid matches against guys like Cesaro or Barrett and steal the show at MiTB and Elimination Chamber. What's not to like about that?

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, it's just that I feel there's no chance of upward mobility as far as his career goes in the E. As I seem to recall, his frustration with his spot was one of the two main reasons he left in the first place (the other being Melina's release). If his spot no longer matters to him, then by all means bring him back, with the caveat he gets a mouthpiece or joins a faction where he doesn't have to talk much, because I totally disagree with your assessment of his promo skills.
LegendKillerRAB

PostPosted by Longshot » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 am

LegendKillerRAB wrote:It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, it's just that I feel there's no chance of upward mobility as far as his career goes in the E. As I seem to recall, his frustration with his spot was one of the two main reasons he left in the first place (the other being Melina's release). If his spot no longer matters to him, then by all means bring him back, with the caveat he gets a mouthpiece or joins a faction where he doesn't have to talk much, because I totally disagree with your assessment of his promo skills.

Upward mobility is certainly something that younger guys in WWE seem to complain about quite a bit. Sure, Morrison would probably be in the midcard. Three reasons I have heard cited by Morrison in an interview were that he had projects outside the WWE (namely his exercise program which is supposed to be absolutely ridiculous), injuries building up (he said that his Falls Count Anywhere or No DQ I don't remember the stipulation match with the Miz didn't do his health any favors) and general burnout from being on the road for several years (2004-2011) straight. None of these things are exactly uncommon.

Now, I don't know if the spot no longer matters, but honestly, I don't see him as a World Champion, or at least I don't see him getting long reigns. I might be off base here, I mean, I always want to see Morrison in a MITB match and him winning certainly would be exciting, for me at least. I got off topic there, but regardless of whether or not his spot is a big deal to him, I am sure that the WWE paydays as opposed to the indy paydays would be a big difference.

I don't think he needs a mouthpiece necessarily, but I think he could assert his presence in other ways besides talking. I don't know if you remember the quick parkour vignettes he was doing toward the end of his WWE run, but I always thought that they did wonders for hyping what it was that he brought to the ring. Anywho, just my take on Morrison in general.

Completely different topic, did anyone catch the Antonio Cesaro vs. Adrian Neville (formerly known as PAC) match? It's a good watch.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by JohnnyAwesome » Mon May 27, 2013 12:41 pm

That was a great match Shot, I was actually wondering what happened to PAC only yesterday, he's looking bulked up! I watched the begining of Evolution on youtube yesterday for shiggles and thought what a great team Barrett, Sheamus and Regal would make in some kind of UK Invasion/Evolution style factio,n add PAC into the mix and it would be golden.

I'm not sure if anyone caught the Cesaro V Orton match on Main Event a few weeks back, it was fantastic(and usually I find Randy boring as batshit). It had story telling, techincal, high spots and even some chain wrestling.
JohnnyAwesome

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 am

JohnnyAwesome wrote:That was a great match Shot, I was actually wondering what happened to PAC only yesterday, he's looking bulked up! I watched the begining of Evolution on youtube yesterday for shiggles and thought what a great team Barrett, Sheamus and Regal would make in some kind of UK Invasion/Evolution style factio,n add PAC into the mix and it would be golden.

I'm not sure if anyone caught the Cesaro V Orton match on Main Event a few weeks back, it was fantastic(and usually I find Randy boring as batshit). It had story telling, techincal, high spots and even some chain wrestling.

They could even drop Sheamus from that mix and throw Drew McIntyre in if they wanted to keep it entirely British. PAC is one of the best workers in NXT right now and I just can't see him staying down there for very much longer.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by JohnnyAwesome » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:27 pm

What happened to the boards? Where did everyone go?
JohnnyAwesome

PostPosted by Longshot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm

JohnnyAwesome wrote:What happened to the boards? Where did everyone go?

It's hard to say at this point. Still, good to see you checking in Johnny.
Longshot
Site Admin

CM Punk

PostPosted by JohnnyAwesome » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 am

Yeah man, watched MITB yesterday and I really enjoyed. This weeks RAW was awesome as well, it's a shame there's no active discussion going on =(

Hope you're well mate!
JohnnyAwesome

Previous

Return to Forum of 1,004 holds